pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
okay, i do not know what this thing was called, and i have never seen anyone else use one of these things but i am going to try to explain it. first off the moves that the guy did with this were modeled basically after twirling a staff.okay,in the center of this contraption was a circle with a cross beam going from one end to the other.the circle was big enough so you could pretty easily fit your hands inside of the circle, grab on to the cross piece and spin it like a staff.somehow anchored on to the circle were many longs strands of lights, almost like christmas lights.lets see, if you have gone to any kind of fair with rides, it is kind of like the ride where you sit in a swing and there are like thirty more swings that are all on long chains that run up and attach to a huge circle. the circle starts to spin and the force makes the swings start ot get higher and higher, to the point where you are almost at the wame level as the big circle on top.if anyone knows what this is please help me out, it was very pleasing to the eye. hope i explained it well enough, if not just let me know and i will try to explain it a bit morei am sure that instead of lights you could have like 10 wicks on seperate chains going out.

anyone got a light?

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
confused Lemme get this right - kinda like a mini hula-hoop with a cross-bar and chains coming off the ring - sounds pretty cool - like an inverted cartwheel. Were they chains or rigid like sticks?To clear it up - I can't actually HELP you pozee!! I am just intrigued by the idea.It would look awesome with some spinning throws!------------------Well my thinking is this: if it's empty, fill it with cream[This message has been edited by Bendy (edited 23 October 2001).]

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

xaedamember
129 posts

Posted:
"ooooh, look at the pretty lights!"

the memories fire, the rhythm falls slow....

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
xeada, this is right up your alley...yeah, just like a mini hula hoop. the chains were attached to the hoop so when you spun it, they went from just hanging down, to fanning out and looking like they were rigid, the guy i saw it with did it with led lights or womethin like that. the wires extended out about 6 or 7 feet from the hoop.

anyone got a light?

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
what kind of tricks did this guy do with this thing? It sounds a bit difficult to manipulate smileJosh

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
yeah, it was a bit limited. he did a few tosses on the horizontile plane that made all the lights kind of bounce up and down when caught, cool effect.i didnt really see much more than that, because i was a bit occupied with a lady winkbut i was thinking of things that you could do, which i imagine you have already visualized yourself. and all i can think of was like some of the palm spins, bringing it around you back (although ducking may be a good idea), and forcing just a regular spin to turn in a full circle with your body.very limited, but still looked rather pleasing to the eye.

anyone got a light?