AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hi! I'm looking for instructions or tutorials about fire ropes, that are very popular this year in France. All over the world, (the Web!) poi or staff seam more appreciated. Could you tell me why? Any link about these ropes would be great. Thanks Pierre

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Hi Pierre,can t answer your question, however just wondering if you are the Pierre i know ??? welcome to the BOARD Shine oncassandra / Danae[This message has been edited by cassandra (edited 23 July 2001).]

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
The only thing I know about fire ropes is fire skipping ropes. I have one and it is GREAT.can get them fromhttps://www.fyrefli.co.uk/fyrerope.htmpeace outgarbo tongue------------------
quote:
"Be the change"Mahatma Ghandi

be excellent to each other: safe:

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
are you talking about fire whips? they look like poi but with the fire all the way up the chain?if so, they're manipulated exactly like poi.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
+ sans wraps smileJosh

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Tu parles Francais, Josh ? Yo, yer the man, man !!! winkGuys, how do you attach the rope to the finger loops ?Shine oncass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
fire whips would look wicked! I want a pair of those!!! where can you buy them? and whats the whip part made from? Can you get kevlar cotton rope?Fire skipping rope would be cool too, but not much you can do with them. Fire-double-dutch would be incredible though!!!

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
Hey guys.you have to be very carefull with whips.I remember a while back danger boy made some and ended up really burned.peace outgarbo tongue

be excellent to each other: safe:

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Garbo--I think the problem was more with the specific whip design he followed than whips in general. The thread is athttps://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000489.htmlInterestingly, the page with the design he followed is gone.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Adam, I think a bunch of us wrote to them to tell them how dangerous it is. I still have a printout of it so that I could build off of the idea they had. Dangerboy I believe commented that he had used the design and it was fine, but that he might have soaked too long or some such thing. Anyway...for ropes I actually find that threading wicking through a chain works the best because I control then how close the fire gets to my hand (I don't wick the chain within a foot of my handle) and it adds a bit of weight which makes it easier to jump. In traditional jump ropes the more speed there was the taughter the rope the better...and if you slowed even the slightest bit the stupid thing would tangle (at least on me). With the chain I can actually swing it kind of slowly as well as fast. Slow helps to prolong the life of the fire and the wick, and to set up more tricks. Okay..I'll stop babbling now.... smile------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Are the ropes at https://www.fyrefli.co.uk/fyrerope.htm
exactly like a jumprope or are they disconnected from one another?Kinudin

jonathanenthusiast
210 posts

Posted:
for a cheap (but not particularly durable) flame proof rope you could use that fiberglass rope that is found on fire places, if you go to a fire store (one selling masports and pot bellies ect) you should be able to pick some up. i think it was about 1/3 the price of kevlar.... good for working out designs and stuff... might have to give it a go

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Kevlar whip:www.bearclawmfg.com/s_whip.htmlKevlar rope:www.homeofpoi.com/shop2/browse.asp?cat=100&path=2000,100Put an eye out wink------------------If you love something, set it on fire.[This message has been edited by SickpuPpy (edited 01 March 2002).]

Jesus helps me trick people.

The Welcome Mattmember
193 posts

Posted:
je parle francais un petit peu. smile------------------I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

Fire By Riz tmmember
212 posts

Posted:
i think i have seen the fire ropes your talking about. the guy i saw as using oven gasket about 4 ft long they did look very nice but didnt have a big flame...Now about fire whips that what lead me to this site,, 1st off if you dont know how to handle a whip you damn sure shouldnt light one on fire and try to learn..i have been using bullwhips for a couple of years and own some made by the best whipmakers in the world they are addictive as fire :: laughs:::.. when i started looking for a fire whip i didnt like what i saw most were mere fire props not much more than a piece of kelvar with a makeshift handle on it.. bout the only thing i saw out there that looked semi safe was the one offered by bearclaw mfg but his wick went into the handle as well..thats when i desided it was time to make my own.. i designed a soild billet aluminum handle that was in 3 pieces the handle the inner handle (which the whip is braided over ) and a outer fire cover with a hand proteter that all bolt toghter.then i took my wicking matriel to a local whipmaker and we went to work the result was a kick ass whip that could be set on fire as safely as you can set somthing on fire with zero chance of haveing fuel anywhere near what your holding on to ..if anyone is intersted in this design let me know i will be more than happy to share the handle design with you, but if you dont work in a machine shop you will find it very expensive to build.or i will build one for you a 5 fter (lash leneth doesnt inculde handle)runs about $175.. plus i made it rebuildable the outer wraps of the whips can be redone.. right now i have about 200 burns on mine and havent felt it needed to rebraid..------------------I have been cursed with the imagination to envision it all

I have been cursed with the imagination to envision it all

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Curse my teenage sized wallet! *mumbles* I could barely afford the Fire Poi and CoL 2! (With Courrier Shipping, came to $77... *note to self ... courrier is bad ...* grinKinudin