yashiromember
77 posts

Posted:
Well mah frens.... there is going to be a glowstick competition here in Panama...Well, da question is:Any of you have been in a glowstick competition(where trance music are) How does the judges judges?style?movement?following the music?tricks?boils?Peace Dude------------------[- y.a.s.h.i.r.o. -]

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
htque xopa fren eres de panama? =)bueno si eres... hey man cuando es esa competencia??? yo lo oi en la radio pero no dijeron cuando... [This message has been edited by NightShade1 (edited 13 September 2001).]

Dance like if noone were watching you

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Lucky bastard!!!I wish there were a glowstick competition here. Be happy you have a place to bring all the good twirlers to. If you don't win at least you'll get new ideas on moves.Eric

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
well mist dude here its like new stuff maybe, well maybe not new but i see it as that... now ppl went crazy and all wanna learn glowsticks twirling...i have been twirling for like 2 months... not many ppl i know do it... well at least with harder moves... dunno if yashiro does know lot of ppl that do iti guess im gonna watch but not join the competition... i guess im not preprare yet i guess i need to combinate all the move i alredy know better to join dont you think the same mist? maybe... as far i read on the forums he is better than me doing this $hit heh ppl here is getting crazy now doing this we does it at nigthclubs parties even i saw a guy doing it out of a mall i might join the next competition.. if it continue like this im sure there will be other competitions! grin

yashiromember
77 posts

Posted:
Nightshade, man I'm from Panama, and if you attended Saturday 8 in Bacchus(history of trance) then you should know who I am, I was the one with the orange glowstick.... I was also en Mi pueblito at Dj Scott Project. I'm one of the few chinese that swing so maybe you recognize me

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
you'll know if and when you are ready. It'll be a feeling in your stomach telling you that you have much to bring to the table.Eric

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
no man i werent there...on the pueblitos competence... i wasnt since i was just starting to learn!! remenber i said i just have been doing this for like 2 months...im just starting to meet ppl that does it...i will start going to that kind of stuff it just that i dont go cause i didnt know ppl that does it just me! i learn this by myself cause when i saw it i felt like damn i gotta be part of it so i started learning.Im maybe thinking on participating that new contest... but i dunno i can do cool tricks like BTB reverse weave double quad windmill and quadruple corkscrew etc... a friend told me i should join that with those combos i could be in a good place but then i know i dont combinate them with the rythm of the music well i guess i also need more STYLE! you know there are lot of factors is not just to know the tricks! But at least i will be there to watch! be sure tonguewell im maybe okay but i just dont know cause i dont know how good are the other ppl cause like i said i dont know ppl that does this! just myself.. and i guess 1 more... but he is more on breakdance stuff so he doesnt care... :PAnd asking you again yashiro you know when and where is the contest?or the ppl that host it havent say it?[This message has been edited by NightShade1 (edited 14 September 2001).]

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
I've learned from experience that people are REALLY good, but don't let that stop you. If anything let that drive you to better yourself. When you go watch the competition be sure to watch carefully and look for all the suddleties. Like if someone is doing a 5 beat weave or just a weave, a 4 beat windmill or just a windmill. I'm sure you're going to come out of this with some new tricks to work on. So good luck and I hope you meet many new twirlers.Eric

yashiromember
77 posts

Posted:
well, nightshade, I don't know as much tricks as you do... hehe, only a few wraps, and the most advanced is the 5 beat weave, but I think I can learn the quad corks/windmill...but I've been told that I'm crazy when I'm twirling, cause I can do the butterfly running, and jumping while doing the windmill and like weaving like a maniac...(Impressive but I didn't hit myself at all..) but that was in Dj Scott Project... you know when the music was loud and everyone was happy, I was there with white gloves, with blue and red phothon.. i was breakdancing too, but I suck at that...About the contest, I don't know anything about it yet... I think I'm going to buy some glowsticks tonight.... and go to Caribe CD to ask the questions, I'll reply at night likah 9pm... Peace[This message has been edited by yashiro (edited 14 September 2001).]

yashiromember
77 posts

Posted:
Well just read about da tricks... and why I didn't hit my self..But I just thought, if you wanna win the competition, you must just follow the music and enjoy yourself(but control yourself), if you just do trick at random(and thinking while doing it) you can hit yourself. Dunno if that was clear... one easy way to understand it... is just go to your backyard or whatever, turn on the radio, put trance, and start twirling, and just listen to the music

yashiromember
77 posts

Posted:
"First twirl by the rules, then forget the rules and twirl with your heart"hehehe =P

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
lol well at least you know a lil of breakdance i know nothing about it i just know glow dance... jeez i though you know how to do those tricks... since i saw you asking about it before... though you knew all of those :PBealive me i can know more tricks but i havent really "danced" with trance with glowsticks... iguess i did once in a party i had glowsticks and the guy put his radio trance and wow!! that was fun... i need to know more twirlers... since i just know myself that does it...(and 2 guys on my classroom i guesS)and about learning quadruples corscrew and double quad windmill... well man that easy if you learn one of those then you can do the other one fast... i learn first quadruple corkscrew... a guy on my class told me what i was doing wrong! so he helped me out with it yeah i do it on the classroom(on the university, in a school you know they would have booted me from it for doing that lol ;P ) when there is nothing to do and there is no teacher lol :P i start to twirl with 2 other guys i learn watching them stuff! i guess im better than them now cause i know more tricks... i guess but i learn from those peps! i guess my main problem is that i need more Style and the fallowing the music with the tricks...! you know...if i participate on the contest i hope the judges give more points to the harder tricks than the fallowing music so i can win something or at least not be at last!:P if ya get some notice about the contest tell me if i do i will post it here...

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
well dude i got many combos in my head i created i dont do it them ramdomly...but yes you sooo right!!! when i start thinking about what im doing(for example BTB weave) i hit my self i used to do it a lot...so i said i will stop thinking and just do it... and there! i could do it!but yes i sometimes think abuot what im doing and BOOM i hit myself...

yashiromember
77 posts

Posted:
Hey night, can you show me the btb weave??this sunday at causeway?

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
gimme yer icq yashiro

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Yashiro gimme yer icq number!anyway... ummm i will be at las comparsas de la salle... (if my friend get me a ticket)!on saturday.. if ya go there i will be there... with green glowsticks... and i can teach ya i guess i will be the only one doing that move there well maybe who knows... :Pcauseway its a bit far to me... well sincei dont have a car! maybe you have one but not me... how old are you dude? BTW is that true that not many ppl on panama can do the BTB reverse weave? a guy on my classroom was surpriced when i showed to him... lol[This message has been edited by NightShade1 (edited 14 September 2001).]

yashiromember
77 posts

Posted:
yo, mah icq is 4982692

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
heya ppl

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
heya ppl

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
heya ppl

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
i wish i was in panama so i could twirl on that competition, too bad im here stuck on boring virginiatranslation/traducciondesearia yo estar en panama para glowstringiar en la competencia, lastima que estoy en virginia el pais aburrido