Insatiable fire-faerie (Angie)BRONZE Member
150 posts

Posted:
Im organising a firewalk for charity in Scotland on Aug 24th which I am really excited about....just wondering if anyone out there has ever taken part in one and would like to share their experience?
Or maybe you would like to come and join in???
I can email all the details if anyone is up 4 it.
Hoping to get a few freinds together for a spin after the walk.....thats if Im not laid up in casualty with 3rd degree burns....eeek!!

Just wanted to say this place is lookin really funky...not been on here for ages, nice to see some old familiar peeps still around.

Lots of luv hugz n happi vibes 2 u all

Angie x
Special Hi to Cantus if u are still around xx

"You've got red on you!" Shaun of the Dead

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
yes cantus i still... ispeak to him regualarly....couldnt you move it a bit nearer?? says london!!! (please..i very lazy! ;-)) that firewalking lark has got to hurt....erm...alot..duh!! who is the money going towards??

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
Fire Walk?!

Sounds exiting! Tell me though, does this involve walking down the road twirling fire, or setting yerself on fire and walking down the road?

xx

Az abouve, So below...

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
Angie, email me the details. I'm moving back up to Edinburgh this Saturday, so I'll be around.
If dates match, Cantus (and his lovely Ros) may be staying with me at this time, so we could all play!!!!

PM me details pwees!!!!!!
Cheers magical lady
Dibs xxx

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

150 posts

Posted:
Well I hope the firewalk itself wont hurt....if it does, then I will have been doing something wrong.....Its crazy to think mind you that walking over 10-15 ft of glowing coals burning at 1,200 degrees fahrenheit isnt gonna sting a bit....but the people taking part will go through a number of workshops during the day to prepare them for the fire itself. The money raised is to go a young girl who recently suffered intensive spinal injuries during a tragic car acciedent and has been left paralised. The money will help support her ongoing medical care and to allow her to recieve other treatments not offered by the national health service.
Firewalking itself has been practiced by people of varied cultures since before recorded history. Tibetan monks, the North American Cherokee and Zuni Indians walked the fires and the Kahunas (mystics of the Hawaiian islands) walked on glowing lava to affirm their attonement with *Pele* the goddess of earth and fire.
To find out more check out this site
https://www.firewalkingschool.com/focessay.html

Thanks for your interest .....sorry we cant do it in London....maybe we could do another in the future
Angie x

150 posts

Posted:
Dibs
Nay bother mate.....details will be forwarded as soon as poss.....and It would be great to eventually meet the infamous Mr.Cantus......and his 'lady'....wow nice one matey!!!

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
Hello Angie.
I am very interested in firewalks and have been for a long time. Definately email me with details please.
yours wikkaman

The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.-- Ken Kesey

150 posts

Posted:
They r on the way wiccaman x x x x x

Have u seen the film???

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Hey there,

I have done a hot coal walk about 3 or 4 years ago and I can promise you it didnt hurt at all!!

I really want another go at some stage but this time I want to do it whilst spinning for added effect

Unfortunately Scotland is a bit too far to travel at the moment

Mark P

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Ros and I are away together on the 24th of August. Don't think Scotland is a possibility. I think will be away safe in each other's arms at that point. But you could ask her if you like....

Meh

THE UNITED CHAINS OF FIREmember
192 posts

Posted:
im well up for that!! it will be jokes!! i have always wanted to fire walk ever since (no joke) i saw desperate dan do it in a comic special i once had..it was all about this sword he had to get and we ended up meeting all of his relatives!!
anyway.......
where and when and who and what food will there be!! ;-)

------------------
I like cheese

I don't dance. I move to music - Some dumb schmuck, Blue Peter 16/9/02-------------------This morning, I sat on the TV and I watched the Sofa

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
MMMMMM........what food to take to feed the hungry masses with?????!?!?!?!

hehehehe. many places to camp by the way. Bring your friends guys!! mini festival time!

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
He wants you to take cheese Dibs. Take cheese....

Meh

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
Cheese at the ready!

150 posts

Posted:
Well so sorry folks for not replying to the above interested peeps but my P.C was zapped by lightning in a storm a couple of days ago.....fixed and back online ....hoooooray!!!!!

So if cheese is your motivation then 4 sure.... I am sure we can sprinkle a wee bit of mozzarella on the coals!!!

150 posts

Posted:
Mark P............We live in Britain not Oz.....come m'darlin its not that far away

150 posts

Posted:
Any of you play the Jembi/Bongos or know of anyone that does???.....wanna get some drummers in on this too!!!!!!!!
Anyone scared of cameras beware cos Film crew from Glasgow might be present...(watch Dibbs come a runnin ) OH Lovey Darling xxxxx

PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
hey angie can you send me the details and I'll see what I can do,

Spike

ask yourself this??.......... When was the last time you dug a hole you could be proud of???
answers on a post card