clydenovamember
4 posts

Posted:
I'm a Boston (US) poi spinner and it turns out that I'll be stopping in London on Tuesday night. It sounds like there is a bit of a group gathering on Tuesday nights and am wondering if it's cool to drop in. Let me know. (I'm also looking for a place to crash for the night before returning to Heathrow on Wed - any ideas??) Cheers-Lindsay

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
HiFirstly there is the viaduct juggling workshop on tuesday night to which I will be attending, also you are welcome to stay round mine if you are stuck I live in central London. E-mail me for more info etc...Dave

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Yeah - I'll probably be there this week (as it it's christmas...)Shall we get a HUGE group going for one final Xmas spin? I'll be bringing some mates from sunny Guildford (?) and the surrounding area. And to make life easy (for me) I'll wear a nice T shirt with "Durbs" written on it so you can all come and tel me how f*ck-off annoying I am - woo!! winkLater[This message has been edited by Durbs (edited 18 December 2001).]

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Last week I managed to fluke a parking space right outside the club. Does anyone know if there's a good car-park near-by, preferably free?------------------https://welcome.to/thehugbubble The Mug Shot Gallery Words to memerise, words hypnotise, words make my mouth exercise.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

clydenovamember
4 posts

Posted:
Did you mention friends from Guildford?!? Just so happens I'll be down that way sometime in mid-January visiting some family. Hmmmmm. . . would be nice to meet poiing people from the area ahead of time for that one . . . . While we're at it, anyone know anyone from Switzerland? Or Iceland?cheers.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Ok - well when you're in Guildford we meet every Thursday for our spin (nothing glamourous - a car park with music, a roof and errrr lots of stmosphere).Like I said come and speak to me at Viaduct.I've got some friends is Geneva.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

Ajaymember
158 posts

Posted:
switzerland and iceland are quite big places you know, any are specificaly..whichs reminds me of a time last year when i was in the us, i was talking to a guy and he said "so your from the uk, do you know my mate .....(cant remember the name)"i mean how small do you think england is ? yea its small compared to the US but still.------------------from the little old uk, lives next door to durbs and jez, the queen lives just down the road.

One fine day in the middle of the night,
Two dead men got up to fight,
Back to back they faced each other,
Drew there swords and Shot each other.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Yeah! The amount of times you say something like "I was at Southampton uni" ir, "I live in Surrey" people always go "Oh - do you know..>" I mean c'mon... Although there is the theory, which is apparently true, that every body in the world is connected by 7 people.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Clydenova groovy, come and say hello, can ask for me on the door. Looks like you found a bed floor, but if that all falls through, there are plenty of other offers.Vaxhall tube station is a bit of a nightmare, lots of exits, easy to get lost there (yep, checked this, come out of the ticket barriers, straight ahead into the tunnel, then take exit number 3 to get you above ground. At the top of the stairs turn back on yourself (opposite direction to the MI 6 building) to walk under the railway line and its just 50m on your right) should now be a map on https://www.justjugglers.org/viaduct_workshop.htm
DrewFrom little old UK just next door to everyone else[This message has been edited by glass (edited 20 December 2001).]

clydenovamember
4 posts

Posted:
Damn. Wish Id had those directions when I was wandering around trying to find all of you. Unfortunately I wasnt able to check again during the day on tuesday and wandering around in the cold that night wasnt very successful. Now I know for next time, although it looks like my next stop in London wont be over a tuesday.thanks for the warm invite. cheers