Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Btb Reverse Weave or Btb Ttn???

Login/Join to Participate

Cute Little Burning BallBRONZE Member
101 posts

Posted:
Hello, perhaps this has already bin asked a thounsend (1000) times, but egal, Also my problem ist that i have tried to get the Btb reverse weave (the foward habe ich schon, cool!!!) and yesterday i thouht i´ve got it (the btb rev weave) as well but now that i got the hang of it, its seems more like a Btb thread the needle als a Btb rev. weave, kann somebody explain me what wrong do i make? confused if i don´t why do i bekomm the idea that its not the trick i´ve tried for schon a month to learn madps. sorry about my english i´ve lost it the day i came to germany. frown

Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless. - Calvin 'Calvin & Hobbes'

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
Hard to say. The TTN has both poi swinging towards eachother while the weave has them following eachother. Assuming you knew this and have the weave I've noticed throuhg talking and watching others (phunky) that a btb 5-beat kinda looks like a butterfly as well. I think this happens because it is dificult to get the poi to follow along the same plane. While they are both doing the right thing, they may be on different angles. To solve that, practice.I'll leave a better answer to someone who knows what they're talking about.

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Jaeden you bum, are you saying my btb 5-beat is sloppy? :PActually, a 5-beat weave looks like a butterfly at a certain angles when the poi are moving a different speeds and when they aren't totally in the same plane (especially the reverse 5-beat). If you look closely at the poi-lessons on this site, look ben frasier doing a reverse 5-beat and you'll see what i'm talking about.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Also Arkos, to figure out if you're doing a btb weave or a btb TTN, just look at which way the poi are moving in each hand. If they are moving in the same direction it's a btb weave, if one of the poi is going the other direction you're doing a btb ttn, or just turning a butterfly back and forth behind your back.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
oops, i think jaeden explained that...ohhh, still so sketchy... smile------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
I'd have critiqued my own 5-beat... if I could do one :P------------------'There is a fist pressing against anyone who thinks something compelling'

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive