Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Ok when I do TTN I always seem to rotate the just alittle its like my strings have a mind of there own. How can I stop this? Or is it just a thing that happens?

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

The Welcome Mattmember
193 posts

Posted:
what does TTN Stand for?------------------www.ahh-thepooh.net <>

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

2,905 posts

Posted:
Thread The Needle

The Welcome Mattmember
193 posts

Posted:
Oh, is this jsut the move thats here on the HoP site, like the version of the butterfly?

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

2,905 posts

Posted:
Yes it is I am just seeing if I am doing something wrong because when I do TTN my strings seam to have a mind of their own and the rotate about 1/8 of the way to my right. (TTN with left hand.)How do I fix this or am I the only freek that does this?

The Welcome Mattmember
193 posts

Posted:
I still mess this thing up all the time. I think i have the same problem. In doing it, for no apparent reason the strings cross and then i ususally get smacked in the face or something. I don't do it as much so I think that it might be in the wrist. I found that my poi sway in weird directions when your wrist changes angle. It comes with practice. I had the same problem with my left hand.

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
I agree with Welcome. Its the way you are holding your wrists. when it starts to angle, try wrapping one around your opposite forearm, then the other poi on the other arm... so the TTN starts going the other way.

I smell something burning.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
shiz not,doing a or telling them to wrap will not help them if they cant do a TTN.to start, do a normal butterfly move, to keep it simple till you get the hang of it just make simple non exagerated movements to start with,say if you were spinning forwards: as your right poi looks like it will wrap the left arm/wrist move it forwards in front of the other hand and vise versa with the left..if you pretty much keep your hands close together and dont bring them far in towards your body you will get the feel and manage to keep the rotation as straight as you can, it will just take time and practice like any move with poi.TTN can be done in all sorts of variations once you have mastered it forwards and reverse.. you can rotate from left to right, from right to left infront of you, to the sides, behind you back, behind your head, under your legs, down faceing the ground, up above your head all spinning forwards or backwards doing a TTN. Basically you could make a short routine where you are just going from one TTN to another it gets really fun and all i seem to do at the minute.. (working on a 3 beat TTN right now, two beats with one poi, one beat with the other)I wish you look with this move it feels way better than plain butterflys..PK
Non-Https Image Link

2,905 posts

Posted:
I got the butterfly masterd but I agree with vain-ego pk doing a wrap is not the solution but it could be a good combo. I have yet to succede in a wrist wrap so I think that I will leave that one alone for now and just practice hehe. Thx yalls.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
dont get me wrong wrist/arm wraps are all ways good to put in there too, but i wouldnt bother useing them until you 1 can do butterfly's in both directions, and 2 maybe the same with TTN's. As wrapping both arms one after another takes a bit of comand from you and the way you do it, i find once you have the skill with TTN's this makes those sort of wraps a little easier. I love to wrap during TTN moves as your hands are in position when you go into the wrap and when you come out of it! also leg wraps but thats another thread to look at..hope the first post i made was of some help.Just keep it simple.PK