dcanseemember
11 posts

Posted:
I need to find insurance for public liability in london uk... Been calling loads of companies but cant get nowhere....HELP!!!!ThanksD

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
if you need insurance in the Uk then its either Torribles in bristol (expect to pay around 100 pounds for 2 mill) or join Equity for 60 quid a year and get 5 mill included

dcanseemember
11 posts

Posted:
Any numbers??? Thanks...

Liquidmember
28 posts

Posted:
have any of you been to clubs " Home, Space, Zillions, Gate crasher, turn mills, or the love parade??????????? I want to hit those club before i die, i hear they are the best clubs with the best DJ, thanks?

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
torriles are john torrible insurance ltd they are in bristol and 192 directory enquiries deffo have the number equity are national.. search the net for their url i forget it.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Eagl Star insurance company does a performing arts group liability scheme £75 for £2 million worth of cover this covers you for anywhere in the world. I use Dixon Chambers who are a registered insurance Broker there number is 01952 641321 u.k David ------------------Twist for the joy of it.

dcanseemember
11 posts

Posted:
Cheers everyone Im successful... £50...2 million... If ur looking for parties in london goto www.accessallareas.org. Wicked resource for psytrance + acid techno

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Is anybody (or everbody) a member of equity?
Equity

I would like to join for the insurance and I have a couple questions.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
there's a long uk insurance thread in the help section

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
CMIB formally dixon chalmers

32 heygate road
wellington
telford
tf1 1qt
tel: 01952 641321

costs £100 for £2,000,000 public liabillity for any kind of preforming, you just tell them what you need insuring for!.

these as i am aware are the only UK company thet are covering fire performers.

legal distance for fire is 50 yards from any public highway and that is the only law that afects us.

BigDavmember
175 posts

Posted:
Hi

I was considering joining Equity because they offer free public liability insurance. Unfortunately it does not cover fire performances. If you want to be covered for fire then it will cost almost £380 per year.

If you already are a member of equity i suggest you contact them asap

Be Good, and if you DONT be Good, Buy a Pram!

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
yeah but CMIB do offer insurance cover for any aspect of fire performance!

£380 stuff that CMIB is only £100 per year.

it may be worth joining equity for other reasons though, simply because you get some buisness cover from dodgy payers and such like and they sort them out for you, cant really remember much else that they do, but it would only be worth it if you are a professional performer and do this for a living. but most cases like non payment for a gig can easily be sorted out via other means.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Ok it's official. It is not possible to get insurance if you live in the Republic of Ireland.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.