Drakemember
72 posts

Posted:
yo malcolm, when are you going to post those staff vids xaeda submitted to you? i remember her talking about it on the old board. hope to see them.DRAKEPS: anybody out there contact juggle?

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
out of curiosity what is contact juggling???it sounds a bit like a martial arts thingie, if it is then bring it on, i like the stuff smile happy swinging,Simos

sammiemember
56 posts

Posted:
For Simos - contact juggling is a form of juggling where the ball is in constant contact with your body - it looks like its floating down your arms and on your hands and is way cool! Can be combined with some tricks in normal balls juggling.....was that any use? smile

Drakemember
72 posts

Posted:
go to www.contactjuggling.org if youre interested at all. it s a good site with tutorials and stuff.DRAKE

Rainmember
69 posts

Posted:
i agree with drake this is a very cool site. i have been into juggling for years now but have never come across contact juggling b4. when i saw it mentioned above i had a look at the site and was very impressed. if you r into juggling or just interested in seeing some pretty funky moves it's well worth a look. Rain.

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
Oh no it's not a martial arts thingie after all frown i thought it would be some kind of hybrid between kickboxing and juggling winkwell i had a look on the site and it looks quite cool i am admit, i might have been tempted to give it a try if i had the balls (oh no that sounded bad smile ) well if anyone is really into it i guess you could try it with balls on fire, i bet it would leave a nice trail of fire on your skin which would look cool (and probably turn you in a yummy piece of toast in no time as i haven't got a clue of what i am talking about)...well thanx for your replies and happy swinging always,Simos

ShawnFmember
162 posts

Posted:
Simos, I think you'd like the juggling thing called Combat. It is a thing where you have a bunch of people juggling in a group, and you have to mess them up any way you can. Bumping, hitting, stealing their objects, etc. The only catch is that you have to keep your stuff going at the same time. Last person left juggling is the winner. =)As for CS, it has a pretty steep learning curve, but it is very interesting. I gave it a shot a while ago, and need to give it a try again pretty soon. The acrylic balls are pretty reasonable since you're just getting one (like $20-$30), and the book is good. You can give it a try with a billiard ball, but it is more difficult than with a larger ball.Lastly, one thing to keep in mind is that the Globe Trotters did/do some contact juggling type body rolls along with the ball spinning/balancing of course.

Lunamember
11 posts

Posted:
Thanks Malcolm for putting up Xaeda's staff videos! She is amazing! Xaeda, please make a staff instructional video...PLEASE! I couldn't picture myself doing the staff but now I'm inspired to try.

xaedamember
129 posts

Posted:
heh, thanks Luna smile woohoo, I'm glad you're inspired to do staff now! I just watched the vid, i think the encoding makes it look like I spin so much faster than i do in real life. It's quite weird to see myself on film, it feels sooo different to how it looks! Malcom, that was a very cool cut at the end....nobody will ever know whether I caught that throw or not! (heh, i don't think i did, shhh wink ).Luna as for a staff instructional video, you'll have to grease up to Malcom for that smile I'd gladly be in it if asked, but that's a hell of a lot of work on his part. For now though, remember Malcom's already filmed something like 20 vids of me doing individual moves, so once they're encoded that should keep you busy for a while. Malcom, I really don't envy you all that encoding work :/ Good luck though, and have a cool Christmas smilex (what a lot of smilies for one post!)

the memories fire, the rhythm falls slow....

Lunamember
11 posts

Posted:
I'll make it a point to try staff next year. I'm not very good at fast stuff anyway so I'm glad to hear the computer only made it look that way. I'm looking foward to seeing the moves individually...so much to learn, never enough time. smile My smily face thing isn't working frown I suppose they're keeping me from smile overuse. Thanks for sharing the videos! -Luna------------------[URL=https://www.geocities.com/lunasoleil2000]

Lunamember
11 posts

Posted:
The faces worked! smile grin tongue