Forums > Meet Others > Neon Shaolin goes down.... under

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Hello wonderous people of Oz...

As of 18th of September shall be making my way towards your part of the southern hemisphere for an 8month visit (and a long-needed break from the UK)

Main reason is to visit all you lovely people down there for major spinn-age and working for a living to keep me there as long as possible.

My main concrete plans are Melbourne Juggling Convention in er... Melbourne... and Common Ground in Adelaide. Otherwise it's pretty much a tumbleweed's life for me until May. I plan to visit at least Sydney and Brisbane (and that common tourist trap Alice Springs)

As far as I know I will be staying with Pineapple Pete from MJC till Common Ground.

If anyone has any other events I may be interested or if anyone can accommodate me whilst on my travels do let me know.

Hope to see you guys down there!

Peace Out xx

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
A lesson to all us music pirates perhaps?

*cough*KARMA*cough* ubbangel

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Perth??....
You maybe coming?

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
oooh, Ben-Ja-Men told me about this spinny festival in March or somewhere around that time. Can you give me more info and I will definitely (or hopefully) come!

:

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Oooooo.....

The amazing Dexta is onto sorting places now. might not get the amzing site next to the sea as the noise after 10 and no drink rule is a bit naff.

Geo said you wouldnt fit in his backpack. I think he didnt try hard enough

Is it the Truth?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

...blah blah blah...

Rouge - I am currently umming and arghing about the possibility of living in Brisbane until January

...blah blah blah...

that's what I'm talking about, right there... although... less umming and arghing... and more doing, I think you'll find will get the job done... biggrin

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Ooh go on, hit himwhere it hurts ubblolubblol

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I've ummed and I've ahhhed...

And I've decided to stay in Melbourne until before Christmas. As much as I've love to visit you Brisbanites for a longer haul things have come up that makes me feel it is necessary to stay. Workwise, accommodation and an opportunity to improve my spinning.

I WILL be up there for Woodford and will be spending a couple of weeks either side to see you guys! But not just yet....

See you guys soon... hug

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
and, in addition to that.. you'll get to hang about with me after ive graduated and will be an unemployed bum biggrin

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Which means more time for drinki... ahh, twirling! biggrin

Kupo!

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
 Written by: pineapple pete

and, in addition to that.. you'll get to hang about with me after ive graduated and will be an unemployed bum biggrin

hug

I propose a graduation/end of uni semester/almost end of work placement piss up biggrin

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Petey... do you want to be an employed bum? smile

Piss up? COunt me in! As long as I don't have to drink... tongue

clarence_quackSILVER Member
QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
CG-

Brenn- "want some free wine?"
Dave- "no thanks, I don't drink"
*dave takes big swig*

Nutella Brigade Unite!

"Look! I have a rainbow penis!" - Rouge

Owned By Steaks

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:

Petey... do you want to be an employed bum? smile

I will be an unemployed bum at the end of this year too! biggrin

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
uhm.. at this stage, it sure beats being a 'highschool student'.. but ill get a job soon smile

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
After today it seems likely that you'll get a job before I do... frown

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
so you coming to Perth for Spun Out?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I hope so, I should just buy the ticket now shouldn't I? tongue

Written by: clarence_quack

CG-

Brenn- "want some free wine?"
Dave- "no thanks, I don't drink"
*dave takes big swig*

I'd run out of green and I was thirsty...

And I'm easily led...

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I think you should then you will have to come otherwise it would be a complete waste of money! :P

Do it, do it, do it!

bounce2 bounce ubbrollsmile

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Do it. I sussed someone for you to stay with and all.
He says you are better than Jed.....so we love you already. ubbloveMay have to make an ickle shrine next to Durbses one wink

Is it the Truth?

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
As is only right and proper for a demi0god of David's stature ummangel ubblol

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Who said I'm better than Jed? Who's Jed? Why does anyone need to be better than anyone...? Who is it I'm staying with? confused

Yes it's enough to make me come. hug Still confused though... confused

Elaine. You realise such a build up is only gonna lead to disappointment...? hug

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:

Yes it's enough to make me come. :hugs:

Fnaar Fnaar! Sorry, couldn't resist it ubbrollsmile

You never disappoint sweets hug

Euonymous Europeus

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Whoa. I'm really off my game these days...

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:

Yes it's enough to make me come. hug

Fnaar Fnaar! Sorry, couldn't resist ubbrollsmile

YO never disappoint Sweets hug

Euonymous Europeus

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Whoa. I'm really off my game these days...

wink

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Jed is our resident very clever spinner who happens to be very lovely and has two (almost) working arms again. We rely on him to learn all the new techy stuff and pass it along to the rest of us mortals.

umm.......I think Geo/Chris has the honour of wanting you. He may have tried to stuff you in his backpack along with his spinny stuff and climbing gear at CG. So if you have a kink in your neck thats maybe why. I may lure you away to a wombattery one day though.

We were just talking at spinning and Geo said that you do spinny stuff that Chris hadnt seen ppl here do...so therefore you is clever.

Its not about being better than Jed. wink...Jed has the most gorgeous dog. ubblove

Is it the Truth?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Yay! I feel the need to join the esteemed rogue's gallery of wombat lovers on HOP!

actually I've heard Jed's name dropped in reference to uber-spinners... Was he rebuilt by people who have the technology? smile

Not sure what more you can learn from me but I'll do my best!

Tell Geo that I would've stuffed myself in his bag were it not for the fear of being microwaved by the airport X-rays... tongue

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
mmm..Microwaved Dave....I am sure there is a jingle there somewhere....

We hope they rebuilt him properly. His arms seem to be in the right spot at least.

Is it the Truth?

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
If we're rebuilding him, can I make a few modifications?

Liiiiiiiike, an antimatter cannon linked to a nerve in his knee?

Kupo!

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Anti-matter cannon on the leg... hmmm imagine the lightshow ubbidea

okay time for new blog.

It's been a while since the last one as I've had so little to report! After a rather depressing October/November where fruitless attempts at jobhunting (being both under and over-qualified for various positions) had depleted my funds more than that replentished I have gotten back on track.

I have a job in a pizza take-away - thanks in no small part to insanecircus who turns up to Sunday twirling and have settled rather well after four weeks. I have at least another two weeks before jetting (or training) off to brisse for the house of Gabe and Woodford where I was successful in becoming a volunteer.

I'm still jamming with Chris Carlos every Tuesday at his Contact Staff classes where I learn and teach in equal measure.

Spent a lovely month and a bit living with Flynty as possibly the last rent-paying co-resident of Leaning House before the bulldozers come knocking frown and biggrin.

Thank you Flynty! hug

Now experiencing the wide world of hostelling in the city centre paying per week what is usually considered an average weeks' rent back in England.

Lost my phone the other week. Which was a bit of a bummer... And not in the good way but Pete was good enough to lend me his phone (the fool!) and I bought a new SIM card which cost me as much as it would've done to charge it up. WIN!

After Woodford I've been toying with WOOFing in either Queensland or New Zealand. the latter sounds more appealing (jewel in the crown wood be finding the location for Edoras in that film series wink but also to see the Kiwi spinners

*If any NZers can put up (with) a spinner crashing through it'd be as appreciated as the sun in England.

Next definite plan would be Perth in April for SpunOut before heading back to England. Money situation allow I might stay till September but depends on funds and how loudly PLAY festival whispers sweet nothings in my ear...

That's all for now

Peace Off hug

Page: ......