Forums > Meet Others > Neon Shaolin goes down.... under

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Hello wonderous people of Oz...

As of 18th of September shall be making my way towards your part of the southern hemisphere for an 8month visit (and a long-needed break from the UK)

Main reason is to visit all you lovely people down there for major spinn-age and working for a living to keep me there as long as possible.

My main concrete plans are Melbourne Juggling Convention in er... Melbourne... and Common Ground in Adelaide. Otherwise it's pretty much a tumbleweed's life for me until May. I plan to visit at least Sydney and Brisbane (and that common tourist trap Alice Springs)

As far as I know I will be staying with Pineapple Pete from MJC till Common Ground.

If anyone has any other events I may be interested or if anyone can accommodate me whilst on my travels do let me know.

Hope to see you guys down there!

Peace Out xx

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Wheeeeeee bounce

We got a new sofa bed the other day so we would be able to for a few days (would need to check with the others, but I don't see why not)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Awesome! hug smile

There's lots of festivals between October & February around regional Victoria. Would be awesome to spin with you biggrin

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Oooooh, what festivals? Do tell me more and I'll see what I can do! biggrin Can't wait hug

Cheers Rougie Roo!!! I might just take you up on that! See you at Common Ground? hug

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Dave you will have an AWESOME time. I know I definatly did! biggrin

Beautiful Aussies, take care of Mr Shaolin. Remember to talk slowly for the first week or so. Dave, that counts double for you! wink

Common Ground is great. Bit different from Play, but its basically the same - a bunch of hippies in a field doing spinning and juggling! ubblol

ubbrollsmile

TinyPixieSILVER Member
enthusiast
394 posts

Posted:
wow! you better come back to the UK, we can't risk losing you to the sexy Aussies and wonderful sunshine - come back and be miserable like the rest of us! Have a wonderful time gorgeous! And see you when you get back!

kiss hug

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I don't like these UK HoPpers geting clued up on our kidnapping plans...

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

Oooooh, what festivals? Do tell me more and I'll see what I can do! biggrin Can't wait hug

Cheers Rougie Roo!!! I might just take you up on that! See you at Common Ground? hug

Well, Rainbow Serpent Festival 2008 for one thing biggrin

There's also smallerish intimate festivals throughout the summer season too, including Matreya and akasha, amongst scores of others smile.

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
i reccomend going to rainbow.. purely cos itll be my first time there biggrin hug

and of course, you know how welcome you are to crash at my place for a while smile

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Just looked at the site for Rainbow Serpent!

Assuming I get a job and get time off I'm there!!!

the ticket works out at £56 in my British Monies so heehee... biggrin

Don't worry Petey, it'll be my first time too.... wink

Cheers JONNY! Thanks for your kind(ish) words! Your cheque and bifter is in the post...

Don't worry Nat, I'll come back.... Even if only to grab my stuff for emmigration! biggrin hug

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
if youve got some extra room in your case.. i reccomend fitting in jonny.. aswell as nat, lois, steaky, durbs.. uhm.. the list goes on smile

aww, our first time together..

(brenn: HA HA! multiple entendre)

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I'll try Petey.

That is if you don't mind the HOPpers you've listed being cooked by the X-ray machines...

Hey! HOPper-Jerky! biggrin

And what? What Entendres? How did I miss them? umm

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
bed offered with us at the House of Gabe in Brissy smile

We're biased of course (as most of us will be there...) - but strongly recommend the Woodford Folk Festival over xmas/new year ubbrollsmile

https://www.woodfordfolkfestival.com/

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Oooh that could be an idea! It's my birthday on 1st Jan so that's definitely on the agenda.

Thank you Mr Ed biggrin hug

clarence_quackSILVER Member
QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
I'll double your entendre!

Nutella Brigade Unite!

"Look! I have a rainbow penis!" - Rouge

Owned By Steaks

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
In your endo!

Looking forward to meeting you Neon!

Kupo!

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
You're a multiple entendre!

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I'll give you a multiple-entendre!! (Do they exist or is that a myth? wink )

See you guys other there! biggrin hug

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Dont go Dave I'll miss ya!

Joking go and have the time of your life

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I'll miss you Mill! hug You WERE the guy who introduced me to the HOP forums so I owe you big time!

Manc Meet Sun 19th Aug? And my final Manc meet on Sun 2nd Sept?

P.S. What's the plan on Friday in Blackpool?

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

I'll give you a multiple-entendre!! (Do they exist or is that a myth? wink )

They'll exist with diligence and the right attitude! ubblol

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
So that's where I've been going wrong... shrug wink

Can you lovely Melbourne people ask your friends if they have room for rent...?

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Room to rent?

Cos we might.

One of my flatmates is moving out to prepare the nest before he gets married next january. We dont know WHEN he is moving out, but it *should* be sept/oct-ish.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Ooooh, that's sounds lush Rougie! I might actually take you up on that if your housemates are okay with it. I'm not sure (availability of room allowing) if I'll move in when I arrive, right after Common Ground, or after a week or two of touring but keep me updated yeah?

As I said before I'm not sure where I will base myself until I get there, it may depend entirely on what work I can get... But Melbourne is probably the most likely, Brisbane is in consideration as well. ARGH! Decisions decisions...

Ta love... hug

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Brissie is warmer....mmm...warmth.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
In winter, yeah.

But in summer it gets more unpleasant.

Juggling Jack FlashGOLD Member
Sneaking
1,207 posts

Posted:
Come down to NZ for a stop while you're down under, we want to meet you too

Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you land among the stars

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
if your going to base yourself somewhere from a couple of months - id recommend Melbourne for a while for sure. Melbourne has a much greater music/artsy/cultural vibe & diversity than the other cities.

dont get me wrong - as much as i love the infinitely more laid back & friendly Brisbane, but i know if i was on a holiday/working/travelling thing- id rather live in a melbourne type city over a brisbane type one. its much larger, easier to travel around on public transport - and youll probably find it easier to pick up a bit of work as well. its probably a bit more expensive living wise but thats expected.

yes brisbane has more sun than down south - which is why we love it... but hey when your travelling to Australia over summer itll be hard to avoid the sun.

it depends what youre after - if lazy days by the pool in the sun are what you need - this is the place to be.

Both cities have great juggling/spinning communities, and both have interesting festivals and whatnot in the surrounding areas.

that being said - if you dont make it up to brisbane at some point over your holiday, ill fly down and bitch slap you spank :rollsmile wink
EDITED_BY: Dentrassi (1186882768)

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Woodford Festival is essential if you are in the country that time of year. It is not a few hippies in a field etc, it is hugely diverse multi everything music/arts/circus festival that wins awards and changes lives and inspires and blah blah balh.. and as it happens I run the community circus venue there so I am not just biased, I am lovin' it! wink *

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Hexagonic found work better to get in Melburp (I think)

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Dentistrassy

if i was on a holiday/working/travelling thing- id rather live in a melbourne type city over a brisbane type one. its much larger, easier to travel around on public transport - and youll probably find it easier to pick up a bit of work as well.

ditto

(Brissie is awesome too though!)

Page: ...