ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Well, well, well, I was taught a mighty lesson the other day...
Now dont get me wrong. I am usually a very happy loving kinda girl...but this particular day someone had rubbed me up the wrong way. I was bitching hard. Arsn and I were driving in the car and I was doing my narna about this particular girl and having a smoke at the same time.
I went to flick me ciggy out the window and it flicked back in on top of me wee little head and set my hair on fire.
Hows that for instant Karma?
Arsn was laughing so hard he couldnt breathe.
I didnt think it was that funny. Had to wind the windows down too because the car stunk...
Tell me has anyone else been touched by this blessing known as instant karma?

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Woo!HCH No 2
216 posts

Posted:
Well no not really, but I have suffered from Ciggy blowback, once in my little Metro, just passed my test, thinking I was all that and more, ciggy went out of window, and in the back window and I only noticed when the smell of burning velour hit me!

I know smoking will kill me, and the doc always says so, but I never imagined it would plot against me to burn me to death in my new car.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
cant say i can relate, it normallt pisses me off when i set my dreads on fire. which tends to happen when i am having one of those days.
may be having a bad day and some thing on fire is interrelated and should be avoided.

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
Yup I've had a couple of instances of instant karma.

For instance... a few weeks ago, someone was over at our house (and had been for days) (and days before that) (and days before that) (and days before that). To put it simply, I'd gotten really sick of it. This person doesn't pay rent anywhere, just floats from house to house. And doesn't seem to notice he messes stuff up and leaves rubbish everywhere etc etc.

I pay loads of rent (but am really happy where I am and wouldn't change it for the world - I have no neighbours, live in the bush, trees and birds everywhere blah blah blah)

I was sick of being sponged off though, like any person I guess. I'm normally a generous person, but there's a limit to everything. This person had crossed the limit.

So I was REALLLL shitty. Anyway.. I'd been tossing up ways to get rid of him, in my head. Some of these weren't very friendly at all (won't go into detail).. and in the middle of my angry bitching to myself, I slammed into wall. (Wasn't concentrating on where I was going). Oh go on..laugh all you want.

Toes came out all bluey and swelled up and bruised. Had small egg on head. I rolled around on the ground for a while in silent excruciating pain.

Proceeded to go to bed instead of more instant-karmic reactions due to my bad mood.

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Not sure if the karma was for bitching or smoking, dear.

Because I never do anything worthy of bad karma, I've never had this experience.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Yeah it happened to my EX! (she cheated on me when i was working out of state) long story there . Next day she had a huge car crash , later on that week got kicked out of her unit . And cut of the doll to, day's later .

[ 31. January 2003, 19:00: Message edited by: Ivan Newton(grubiln) ]

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
Well whenever my ego gets a little to big I seem to find my self tripping and hitting myself in the face, or becoming publicly humiliated in some other way. My ego is thusly deflated rather quickly.

Speak ye little and listen much
Obey the law of three we must:

Ever mind the rule of three
whatever you do comes back to thee

I find that karma unlike the government works rather quickly.

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by s-p-l-a-t:
I rolled around on the ground for a while in silent excruciating pain.

any one remember the video of kato takes a hit? ar the memories the memories of tha one.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Valura, it was a karma for you trying to flick the butt out of the window in the first place. Naughty

There are fines in Ireland now for throwing butts away - 50 /60 Euro (Deepshoulsheep, you prolly know more than I do on this one)

Cigarette butts are not biodegradable. Composed of cellulose acetate (a type of plastic) cigarette butts can stay in the environment as long as other forms of plastic and filters have been found in the stomachs of birds, wildlife and marine life.

I may look like a fool, but I always carry my cigarette butts with me if I have been smoking on the street, so if you are a full on smoker, invest in one of those mobile ashtrays please.

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
cheers kat i never knew that, good job i smoke bacca, its kinda of enviromentally friendly so to say, or do they pollute? well they do kil us so yeah i guess they do.
sorry for being dumb.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Hey PK, Unfortunately while it does tell you SMOKING KILLS and yada yada yada it does not say "Cigarette butts are harmful to the environment". It most certainly is not dumb to not know this, how is one to know unless they are informed? Being uneducated does not equal stupidity (as the masses of educated fools that are running our countries prove!)

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

wickedpixiemember
70 posts

Posted:
Instant Karma!

Now there's something I'd love to see more of!

NEVER eat anything you can't spell.

Evil Biscuitmember
59 posts

Posted:
hmm it's only wrong if you get caught.. ergo, don't get caught doing it no bad karma...

There is no right and wrong... only fun and boring

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Evil Biscuit...I don't think you understand what Karma is.

If you don't get caught, karma is the thing that will catch up with anyway.

It's believed to be a sort of universal and unavoidable judgement dished out by the universe herself...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Magickal_Kaleidoscopemember
119 posts

Posted:
iwas climbing a tree with my friend , he fell out and i started laughing really hard and teasing him and then i fell out.
hows that for instant Karma

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Charles, I think Evil Biscuit was being a bit tongue in cheek there...but thanks for explaining so those that don't know will!

I get the slap downs if I think I am doing well, something manages to get me for it. *thwap* *wonk* *bam*

Problem is sometimes, figuring out which thing you did that the universe is getting you back for!

MikeG..yeah *cough*bullshyte*cough*

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
oops, sorry Biscuit...But if it's any consolation, I ended making myself look more like a pratt than anyone else.

In my defense, I did several hours of performing that day, and then did a three hour stint of firestaff outside a nightclub.

I was knackered when I wrote that (and still am).

Thanks Pele, sometimes I astound even myself...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Thanks for telling me that Kat I had no idea!!! I do believe that I will be carrying around one of those little canisters for the sake of mother earth now!!!
* looks around kinda sheepishly and slinks outta the room*

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
lol - I've been so instant-karmared recently! I beleive it was the majik of the area rather than anything to do with me personally thoough, cos everyone seemed to be getting instant paybacks.

It was at the Rainbow Serpent Fesitval site - can't get away with anything there! I was giving my boyfriend some cheekiness that was actually a bit of a low-blow, and immediately rolled over on my ankle into a ditch, right infront of a car of strangers... who seemed to find it very amusing. Although I couldn't walk for a while and everyone had to be my servant, so it all balanced out.

Many other such things (although pysically less painful) happened throughout the 4 or so days.

Energy. It's unimaginably powerful.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
Instant Karma is certainly not a new idea, I first heard of it from an old "Scatterbrain' album...

Can't think of any cases of it happening to me, although, it was a pleasure to see the guy who cut me off in traffic and nearly killed three other people, get pulled over by a PAIR of State Troopers the other day. Dat was nice...

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Instant Karma isn't always bad either... I can think of several times I, or others, have been nice to someone and had it come back in other ways. My one friend, her instant karma always relates to her car, which currently won't run anywhere.

Oh, Prometheus...would you care for me to make a list? Both good and bad would be on it though, after all, we are only human! (you know I love you! )

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Magnusmember
279 posts

Posted:
I was about 12, playing in the sea with an inflatable body board. I wouldn't let my little brother have a go, because he couldn't use it properly. So mum came out and shouted at me, and I said "just one more go"

The next wave was MASSIVE, knocked me right over and left me with a huge bloody gash in my knee.

Instant Karma's gonna get yah... someone should write a song about that.

Oh and my evil ex caught glandular fever off her next boyfriend, does that count?

Magnus... pay it forward