Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 2,132    Replies: 14
"We have a club here in our neighbourhood, and i go there almost every weekend.One of the things i'd really like to do is take ma stringz (when i get good enuf ofcourse) and just stand o..."
Views: 1,262    Replies: 0
"Anyone in the Austin area. I invite you to come to my house to dance, talk, exchange ideas, or just to have fun. If you are intrested I would love to meet some of you.When is this happ..."
Views: 1,459    Replies: 0
"Hello...I don't post much here, but I live in Seattle and have been doing fire play for a few years now. I'm on the road currently, and had a LOT of fun playing fire in Pennsilvania. We..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,697    Replies: 6
"Hey!I want to take my fire pois to London with me. I am going through Bali first. Will i be able to get them through customs?If not my already lit ones, could i get unused ones through..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,069    Replies: 32
"Hello twirlirs, just out of interest is anyone here a grunger or goth.I am a grunger and one of my friends is a goth,and we just love to do poi but not just because of the fire, are any..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,085    Replies: 6
"We've all heard the stories of people rushing in to say "thanks" in an intimate way when we have finished a spin, or people wanting to tip, or offer beer and food, etc. Getting stuff fo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,208    Replies: 24
"Heyla All,OK I was wondering how many people here that twirl consider themselves pagan and what tradition?I was also wondering what everyone's astrological sign was? In a nutshell how m..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,415    Replies: 11
"I got to spin for a wedding last night and it was incredible. Didn't have a clue what to do with my liquid torches but everyone seemed to love it..Everyone's jaw dropped when I trailed ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,560    Replies: 2
"Has anyone ever thought of other elements to spin with? I was thinking about how it's going to be snowing again here soon. And I had a thought about spinning blocks of ice. Also I was j..."
Views: 1,564    Replies: 0
"hi, i just moved to hilo and i am looking for other fire people to play with. i play primarily with fire fans and poi dancing. if there's anyone in the area that's familiar with fire co..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,323    Replies: 10
"hmm... I'm pretty sure I was reading a thread a little while ago where someone said something about a group called the fireflies in sydney... is anyone on here part of that group?I met..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,098    Replies: 15
"I was sitting at my laptop playing Mah Jongg last night and while I gave myself this little window of time to play I kept extending it so that I could continue to try to beat the my bes..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,239    Replies: 14
"i am finding, after learning at least 15 moves and growing, that the most frustrating part of learning something new (for me) is having to deal with nasty tangles. i have gotten fairly ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,887    Replies: 12
"I've been pretty lucky as far as poi & staff injuries are concerned, just a few bruises and scorched hair. There are, however, a lot of urban legends and horror stories floating about. ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,134    Replies: 4
"Pick up lines pertaining to all the fire arts.....as in...."Hey baby, I've got something hot you can stick in your mouth.""Care to give me a try cause you know you've got me all hot""Co..."
Views: 2,289    Replies: 0
"A lot of my digital pictures from vees.net of the Baltimore Calefaction Society have been posted here to this site, and I've received a lot of positive feedback. If you are interested ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,347    Replies: 14
"Hello, beautiful people !I just came back from a fantastic vacation in Grece ... and of course I met there some greek spinners as well. As one of my friend told me yesterday : " I am p..."
Last Reply by
Views: 10,717    Replies: 25
"I was getting sick and tired of buying glowsticks, not to mention the garbage it creates. So I thought of an alternative to glowsticks but not loosing the glowstick look! I went and bo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,957    Replies: 9
"Hi there !I fell in love this summer with contact juggling. Ever seen this breathtaking art , especially when done with a cristal ball rolling all over your body like a waterfall ??? I ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,475    Replies: 7
"This may have been a topic before....but it could be cool one to share.O.K....Many of us on the board have quotes we use as a sort of stamp of identity....I've always found Pele's "Fire..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,400    Replies: 3
"hey hey all you spainish spinners i'm coming to spain in a bus with a few of my circus friends from here in the UK. just wondering, any poi/fire action in the north?oh, what are the r..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,022    Replies: 1
"Salutations! I have been twirling for about a year now.I am about to do my first proper performance(in front of an audience).Any advice would be appreciated as I am starting to get a li..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,948    Replies: 37
"Spanky's 'Challenge' thread got me thinking about the cultural differences in twirling.Most of you have probably read his threadhttp://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001134.htmlWow!I..."
Last Reply by
Views: 904    Replies: 4
"Having had this discussion with several of you guys when we were sitting the exams I was wondering (seeing as the results are outtoday) how everyone got on.peace out garbo ------------..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,498    Replies: 5
"Ok i might sound like the dumbest person to all u experienced fire pros, but what exactly is a spotter? Is it someone who is experienced to watch out incase u catch fire? And what makes..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,817    Replies: 2
"Just wanted to share with someone, that I finally spun fire tonight! I got my father taking digital pics, which came out quite awesome I think... I have been spinning since January of..."
Views: 1,219    Replies: 0
"I am so excited. I know so many on here have their loyalties to a certain kind of music and all but I heard this song, fell in love with it, had Whipping Boy mp3 it (thank you soooo mcu..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,939    Replies: 7
"I am going to be breaking in a couple of new safeties soon and had a conversation last night with another fire performer about safeties who aren't on the ball. When we talk safeties we ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,053    Replies: 5
"Well, the 'teaching myself fire twirling' thing is going ok, but i could really do with a hand! if anybody is from either the bristol or leicester area, and fancies showing off to a beg..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,000    Replies: 14
"i have poi'ing for 10 months and i like it a lot. i just had tennis balls and "sock-trousers" but couple days ago my sister came home from Brighton and brang me yellow-pink poi and i am..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,301    Replies: 7
"Hello, most of you have been using fire for a long time now.Your first time, were you confident and not that nervous. Do you think you were not as good as you could have been because yo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,232    Replies: 14
"anybody out there performing with devil stick???started a week ago and i'm already addicted.have to train 2 hours a day,if it's possible.chat anybody with me about that?"
Views: 943    Replies: 0
"bring your friends... tell them to bring thier bongos"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,844    Replies: 8
"Just want to say Hi.Hi:-) Thx for all those lessons on the site, really been a great help on getting me started. Yesterday i practiced for the first time, and i went on for like 4 strai..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,283    Replies: 3
"HiSad news. We need to find a new venue for the Tueday night juggling. I don't know how long its going to take but I'll keep everyone posted on here. Thank everyone who came and made it..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,718    Replies: 7
"I can't believe it, I finally met Josh!!! He is a great guy and his part on "Circles of light" do him no justice. He has a whole "heap"(lol) of talent. He even spun glowsticks, which..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,304    Replies: 8
"Anybody heard of shambhala?a 3 day hippie festival in nelson BC..august 17 - 20th..tons of firespinning and 100s of DJs..wanted to see if anyone was going this year, I will be.."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,542    Replies: 34
"so, here i am...really bored today, waiting for my computer to do some rendering and of course im wasting RAM on a browser window and I am composing fire twirling haiku...gift of moving..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,535    Replies: 12
"I'd like to know what kind of music you people liten to, while stringing or doin ya thang :-). I guess it has to do with your age and your personality, so ill start with maself I'm 18 ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,876    Replies: 2
"Right, I had a really bad one recently...I was doing firepoi and firestaff at a festival. I was performing in a small circle of like 15-20 people, not very many, and quite spaced out. I..."
Views: 2,026    Replies: 0
"Hello I'm new to New Zealand and would like to meet up with other twirlers.Mainly I do Poi and double staff, so if any kiwis want to hang out email atmopikklam@yahoo.comBye hope to hear..."
Views: 1,646    Replies: 1
"Just a quick little show of gratitude from The martian and myself for the speed with which our fire poi were delivered. Thanks Malcolm, your dedication to Poi the art and Poi the site ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,431    Replies: 11
" i don't know if its just me, but has anyone had really adverse reactions when telling them that they could do all this wonderful stuff. I was just asked (by a friend) if i was going to..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,599    Replies: 2
"I want to buy some glowsticks but not enough for a minimum order. If anyone in the Baltimore area wants some and if together we can get the total order price to $50 then we can order t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,803    Replies: 3
"Calling all spinners in the west country U.K.My name is Labrat Ian. I head the pyrotechnique fire display crew. We have a juggler two poi and two staff spinners. We are currently doing ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,788    Replies: 12
"Please, people, check out www.jennifersteele.com.She's a...well, see for yourselves and tell me what you think about it!!!** must be over 18, 19 pr 21 (depends on the country you're at ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,212    Replies: 2
"Hey guys, hope everyone is well and spinning good Anyway. There was a festival up here in Norwich on the 4th august called E1. I was asked by friends of mine to add fire to a flesh ho..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,173    Replies: 15
"I just looked at a few pics on a page that flashfire posted, and man, it depresses me. There's only 3 people in my area that twirl seriously (a few do it to say they are cool, but cant..."
Last Reply by
Views: 665    Replies: 1
"Sup y'all twirlirs.Do any of you live in or around Whitley???"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,874    Replies: 2
"GUYS.is it me or is the plural of poi.........poi ?? (as in sheep and well.... sheep)i'm fairly sure but was just wondering who says pois ??? come on,, own up...... "

HOP kreisförmig

Melden Sie sich an, um die neuesten Informationen zu Verkäufen, Neuerscheinungen und mehr zu erhalten ...