Forums > Social Chat > Any active online communities?

Login/Join to Participate

KayBe87SILVER Member
17 posts

Posted:
I've been spinning poi for about 4 1/2 months now and I gotta say....I really don't live in an area that has enough people interested in flow arts. Its getting kinda lonely and I cant seem to find a really active online form of social media with which to share my thoughts about poi. It might seem kinda dumb but...I'm getting to the point now where I think I'm working on moves that are pretty hard (Anti-spin flowers, Triquetras, different CAPs, Zan's Diamond, and pretty much anything else involving anti-spin as I would like to master it completely - I am, however, only in the early stages. I can make the antispin motions with both arms but struggle doing it at the same time).

When I start rambling off what I'm trying to do to my friends its hard for them to pay any attention. They're like..."I can't picture that at all".. or "I have no idea what you're taking about"...I need somebody who is just as obsessed with this hobby as much as I am. Someone with which to exchange tips, pointers, theory, and thoughts..

If anyone could point me in the direction of somewhere I may be able to find this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Edit: Not that I dont enjoy HoP but its quite as active as I would hope

EDITED_BY: KayBe87 (1400554080)

KayBe87SILVER Member
17 posts

Posted:
I think that if you have the right attitude you can enjoy any kind of spinning with your friends...and I do. I by no means meant to say that I don't enjoy hanging out or spinning with my friends because they don't know what they're talking about. In fact the days they decide to pick up and spin with me are some of the most fun days. I'm just looking for that little extra - which apparently I'm not going to be able to find.

I joined a bunch of spin groups on facebook but they're completely dead aside from advertisements for people to take their hooping classes.

Also, as far as "spinning hitting the masses"...I dunno about that. Hardly anyone I know has even heard of any of the flow arts besides from hoop. You make it sound like its dead/dying. I think that there isn't that much exposure and these sort of online communities might be a way to kindle a fire. That could just be wishful thinking though.

Anyway, if anyone else has any input let me know.

beaniebobGOLD Member
casually noob tech poi spinrar
155 posts

Posted:
Dunno any actual forums/messageboards for poi/object manipulation/circus arts that are still regularly active, but the facebook community is pretty alive, lol.

Tech Poi:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/techpoi/
Poi Chat:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/189779111046713/
Poi Hardware:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/162823333748197/

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error."

KayBe87SILVER Member
17 posts

Posted:
I was already a member of Poi Chat - but I just joined Poi Hardware. Tech Poi seems a little too intense for me. Theres literally a PDF for rules about posting..

Ty
EDITED_BY: KayBe87 (1400785002)