Forums > Videos > my first video 5 months

Login/Join to Participate

DannyRoseGOLD Member
Love is life
16 posts

Posted:
fire poi 5 months in
This is the first video I was okay with uploading. It was taken about a month ago and I've gained quite a bit more ability since then but still feel like I weave too much. lust looking to see what other spinners think because I really dont have any friends who spin..atleast not friends I see outside of festivals. so every time I ask em how it looks they say it was great but, there have been spins I know sucked that everybody liked. so, anything anybody has to say would be greatly appreciated...Good or bad. don't hold back. smile

"All I knew was Love" - Papadosio

JuggleSeanGOLD Member
Ooops
116 posts

Posted:
Hello Danny,

No need to do the secret Ohio handshake, I can smell a fellow Ohioan across the web. Pleased to meet you friend.

You should be proud of your video, I thought it was real groovy. You have some pretty clean patterns for someone playing for half a year. I like how you are stretching out, exploring extensions, keep that up.

I was impressed with your confidence in performing more advanced moves, isolations, CAPs, Anti-Spins. Real cool stuff you are working on. I'd say stay the course and keep up the good work.

Things to clean up - Timing and position with flowers. Only comes with practice. You are right on your way.

Things to consider - Your body. Experiment with bending your knees more. Try to think about your feet and ankles. Ask yourself, would my body movement look cool without the poi? Maybe try some more twirling/spinning.

You are an awesome person DannyRose, good luck with your play.

Groovy

Anthony_OlmosSILVER Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
Wow.... 5 months? I've been spinning off and on for a little less than a year and I'm NOWHERE this clean! Of course, there are things you could clean up, but I'm sure you know what you need to work on. For someone who spins alone you've got talent. I only get correction/new moves down when I'm with my friends that can help me out in person. The first half of the video was especially great cuz of the diversity of movements, it wasn't till the second half that it seemed like you were staying on the same moves for extended periods of time. I agree with Sean. If you work on your footwork even redundant moves can look different and interesting. Keep up the good work! Looking forward to more videos.

DannyRoseGOLD Member
Love is life
16 posts

Posted:
thanks for the comments guys! way better reception than I expected! movement is something I've definitely expanded on. timing with anti-spin flowers it seems like I'm always off in the start(still playing with that) but within a few passes I end up where I'm trying to be but regular flowers, for some reason, I have serious trouble with the timing...diversity wise, my practice has mainly been focused on trying to spin without weaves (hard to not use em at all) and moving around more. I'm gonna try and get an updated video up in the next week. thanks again!
p.s. OhioSean, do you spin with any groups where mabey I would've seen ya spin at a festival? one of the first poi spinners I ever watched was named Sean.
EDITED_BY: DannyRose (1314834924)

DannyRoseGOLD Member
Love is life
16 posts

Posted:

Just filmed this last night...I think it's an improvement over my 5 month video...let me know what ya think! smile

Anthony_OlmosSILVER Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
Great vid. Like the diversity throughout. Interesting music choice. Song title and artist?

DannyRoseGOLD Member
Love is life
16 posts

Posted:
Pretty lights-cant stop me now. thanks man!