WoodlandAppleBRONZE Member
addict
474 posts

Posted:
"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them."

Today of all days please remember all who have fallen in the line of battle, and those still serving everyday. Remember 11/11 @ 11:00 take 2 minutes to think why you are free....Respect freedom and the Veteran that gave it to you....R.I.P all of the soldiers who have died in wars over the years.

............Lest we forget...........

sticks and stones my break my bones, but ski patrol will save me.

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Wonderful Reminder WA

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Not going to happen at 11, I have an exam, but a stop at the war memorial is definitely in order.

Actually sad that RSA as a country does not give a rodent's posterior. Should do something about that actually.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

JoshDGnewbie
49 posts

Posted:
I always make sure no matter what I'm doing to take the 2 minutes silence, I've lost 3 very good friends in 2 years to "war" and even before I lost them even hearing news of other peoples loss' almost breaks me down.

What sickens me was the fact that I was the only person in my age group (I'm 20) to be at the memorial today, everyone else was atleast over 35. Really is disgusting to me as to how few turned up, I know most people will show up on Rememberance Sunday but it's not the point. I even heard people in the background earlier shouting and talking, it's only 2 freaking minutes out of their day to remember all those who have fallen and all those who have suffered.

Sorry about the rant but some people just sicken me.