MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
has anyone else ever thought of a wallplane corkscrew? it looks cool but its kinda hard thoughts? ideas?

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Wouldn't a wall plane corkscrew be a windmill?

Or are you talking about the poi passing all in front of your face?

hug

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Initial thoughts were also "That's a windmill innit?" but playing with it only in front of yor head is a pretty cool idea....

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
I'd refer to that as an over the head watermill, I guess... maybe.

hug

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
well i am doin it in front of me not over me like in front of my torso

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
Maybe I don't get it, but wouldn't your arms just get in the way?

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Shorter poi! Lift your arms up more! Use your clubs! All that stuff.

hug

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
I guesso ^_^

I'm just trying to be difficult.

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
but overall yes it would be a windmill just in front of me and yeah you do have to shorten the poi

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
So it's just a watermill, but raised up more?

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Well, if a watermill is what I think it is, its the watermill over the hands rather than under... if a watermill isn't what I think it is and its something else, then this is HALF a watermill.

You can link the lower and upper water mills to create like a watermill fountain. Its got a nice aquatic ring to it, eh?

hug

TeamoGOLD Member
Almost again
124 posts

Posted:
What I think he's talking about, is taking a corkscrew, having the upper half be infront of you instead of above your head (this alone asks for some shortened poi, usually), and then flipping the whole thing 90 degrees away from you, so that the planes are vertical, and the crosspoints are pointing either upwards (like in a windmill) or downwards (the way I found it much easier). So for each hand every other beat is on a wallplane, every other beat is inverted (inside your arms). I got the hang of this after a few minutes of trying, but I can't seem to get it working (atleast not yet) above my belly button, the arm positions get too awkward and I don't enough space in which to invert to poi.

The move has its sides, despite the initial awkwardness. Works well with double bicep wraps. You're doing it one way, do a double bicep wrap and bam - you're immediately doing it the otherway. Has a nice effect.

Edit: After playing with it a little, it works even better with spiral wraps imo. When's the las time any of you tried to do a spiral wrap in a inverted wallplane? tongue2
EDITED_BY: ReVo (1272831660)

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
awesome idea would have never thought of that will have to try it shortly smile