SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
The entirety of the time I have had my glasses, the lenses have always popped out at least a few times a week, sometimes a few times a day. Just today, I hit myself in the face doing same time wallplane flower dancing type things. Both lenses came out, I put one in and it snapped in easily ans usual, I worked for about 15 minutes trying to get the other in and gave up and gave it to my mom and she couldn't do it, gave it to me and I finally got it. It was really really tight in and I noticed both lenses were all the way in, which is amazing considering that they're always half out. And it hit me like a wall, the entire time I've had them, the eye doctor gave me my glasses with the lenses in the WRONG censored SIDE! The entire year or two I've had these, all these problems have been caused by the mere face that the lenses were on the wrong side! But when I put them on when they were right, I put them on and I was like woah, and immediately I almost fell over. Even right now, I feel a little tipsy, and right now I also just realized, they are finally not crooked! It must be Gods work that that first one popped in.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

2,280 posts

Posted:
Bad news, I went to the bathroom, and looked in the mirror nd my glasses were tilted upwards like eyebrows on a madface. like >:[ except the > is on top of the :
I had to pop the lenses back out and put them back how they were, and it was sad, because I hate the lenses.

RingshadowSILVER Member
journeyman
81 posts

Posted:
Dude. Strap on sports safety glasses. Mine cost 70 bucks. They are the awesome.

Happiness is a skill, not a commodity
I have been kidnapped by hooping.

2,280 posts

Posted:
I want contacts... I hate wearing glasses

Seaspraystranger by the day
924 posts

Posted:
I want 20/20 vision frown

Glasses are annoying too imo
EDITED_BY: Seaspray (1260723389)

Just a dancer in the dark

JadedByEntropySILVER Member
stranger
4 posts

Posted:
keep your case nearby and put them in it when you practice. you don't need to see you poi, and it helps not to destroy them. grin

The greatest oak was once a little nut that held it's ground.
Polar bears cannot be seen by infrared cameras.
The almond is a seed, not a nut, and is poisonous until heated.

FelexSILVER Member
Destroyer of worlds and ooo shiny.
268 posts

Posted:
People say about how they hate to ware glasses although I’ve know people to spend a fortune on designer ones when they have near perfect vision. Some people believe glasses make them look smarter. They get a boost of confidence wearing them.

Mmm Got to go to work now boooo!

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
i got contacts about a month ago after wearing glasses for like 8 years.

Contacts are so effin awesome

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

RingshadowSILVER Member
journeyman
81 posts

Posted:
I used to wear contacts but now I can't. I can't wear contacts in the work field I'm going into. It's actually an eye hazard, often, and I have to wear safety glasses anyway. So, prescription safety glasses it is. I may renew my contacts someday, but for now I'm just in glasses.

RingshadowSILVER Member
journeyman
81 posts

Posted:
Wouldn't change the fact that I couldn't wear them for work. I did for an outage and let me tell you, you only need borax between your eye and contact lens once to realize what a poor idea that was. Plus some of the stronger water purification chemicals can fuse your contact to your eye...

So yes. I have strap on safety glasses and they work lovely well with poi :3

2,280 posts

Posted:
I hate my glasses, I hate how I look in them, they still give me headaches after 3 years of wearing them, I think I have OCD because I freak out when I start to notice the edge of my glasses, but I love being able to see when doing poi... also, my depth perception gets screwed to hell when I take them off, so if I did, I would be hitting myself a lot. They are practically indestructible though. They've been hit countless times by my LED poi.

RingshadowSILVER Member
journeyman
81 posts

Posted:
Headaches after three years? I have to get new glasses yearly because my eyes worsen. You probably needed a new prescription at the very least. On the other hand, durable glasses are indeed good.

2,280 posts

Posted:
in the last 3 years, my prescription changed an entirety of none... when I got new glasses, I got tested and I got the same result as 3 years before. I think the reason for the headaches is the visible frame in my vision -.-