thread recover,

:R

hug

POI THEO(R)IST

MuckySILVER Member
Rum-Swilling Combustioneer
227 posts

Posted:
Hey Richee - the administrators of Wikipedia tend to prefer that articles don't teach subject material - information *about* poi moves is helpful, but instructions on how to do them would be inappropriate for the scope of Wikipedia. Perhaps a better idea would be to start a separate Poi Wiki dedicated to poi moves (and other infos) akin to JuggleWiki?

Bouncing Baby Pipe!

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
I did a massive upgrade to this entry,
without any tricky listing.

But it's back in the previous state.

Missunderstanding?

hands off,

hug

POI THEO(R)IST

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Hi Richee.

Wikipedia is for beginners, say someone who's seen poi performed and upon learning the name of the art, might hit wikipedia to learn a little more about it.

The page as it sits now was far superior to your edit in that respect. JEDI, SITH, ILLUSION are pretty much meaningless terms outside this forum.

Also, your definitions are confusing to the lay person.

Example

Quote:Poi preserves direction. It meens, that if Poi spins in one direction we can't change
it, no matter the turn of our body. Every trick, has in it's initial position two logic
directions. Cause Poi preserves direction and there are two directions, the only way
to get from one to another is by turning.
Quote:Partial arc is a group of manipulation trick that break the basic circle object

Quote:Illusions are tricks that move the center of the spin out of the body.

Quote:Illegal trick are trick that can't be rejected

The basic idea of wikipedia is to communicate ideas in an understandable fashion, and given that's not your focus, I can understand why your edits were reverted.

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
STOUT! >

-3 Just for you..

It's neither even complete basic nor something more,
what you want to build upon that?

radical mind,

hug

POI THEO(R)IST

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
It doesn't have to be a complete basic, the text format is dead, it's a narrated video universe now. What it's meant to be is a basic overview, someones first stop if and when they decide to do a little research on what poi is.

It's not about being radical, it's about being understood. If you want, you might want to collaborate with whomever's dedicated themselves as guardian of that particular page, suggest some additions or amendments, but to rewrite that page on your own and make it less accessible to the target audience isn't doing anyone any favours.

russtafaristranger
16 posts

Posted:
haha i also edited that particular page a while back, most of my edits are still intact though. i put in the contact poi stuff and a bit about flowers (which somebody has slightly mangled since).. it was reeeaaally basic before.