Forums > Introductions > I'm a noob, I'm a noob - hi peeps

Login/Join to Participate

daisydungeonnewbie
3 posts

Posted:
Hi there.
Sarah's the name, but I do answer to Daisy - which is an old work nickname of mine.
I'm 32, and come from Buckinghamshire, southern UK.
I'm currently not working, so I have plenty of time to take up new things, which *obviously* includes poi. I'm not very good, and a brief browse through some of the vids here has showed me just how awful I am already *chuckles* but I do intend to work on it, as some of the neighbours already think I'm auditioning for a position as a circus clown.
What else? I like to read, I do horse riding, but have recently had to give that up on doctors orders *bother that doctor* and I do various crafty stuff with beads, overly bright-and-shiny paint and paper.
I'm a type 1 (insulin dependent) diabetic, and have been since I was nine years old.
I'm short, rather squat, very short sighted and a tad snippy, but if you can overlook all that, I'm all right really - honest *LOL*

[noodles]*Property of Pigeon Wigeon*
893 posts

Posted:
welcome Wooo. First post tongue

Welcome to HoP smile Be sure to fill out the intro template, we are all very nosey biggrin

Could somebody stop the room please... I'd like to get off

daisydungeonnewbie
3 posts

Posted:
Heheh, I did see the template somewhere, and can't find it now.
Need I say, I'm also technically inept and not very 'puter literate??
Yurg.
From what I remember.....
Favourite colours Black, purple and blue. I tried to dye my hair blue once - the result was not pretty.
favourite food Cheeeeeeese. Nom.
Favourite book (s) His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman.

[noodles]*Property of Pigeon Wigeon*
893 posts

Posted:
Top of the Intro's forum hun smile

Could somebody stop the room please... I'd like to get off

marcbsBRONZE Member
28 posts

Posted:
daisydungeon,

'Ello and Welcome to HoP!

After spinning fire for five years... looking through the HoP lessons did leave me feeling very much in need of some serious freshening up of my spinning techniques.
I am garanteed hours of fun and self whacking!

Cheers
Marcbs

LynxLynxSILVER Member
27 posts

Posted:
Welcome Daisy!

His Dark Materials? I love it to.

Did you go see the movie (Golden Compass)? How did you like it?
I think it's not that bad, there is lot's of room for improvement. (spoiler!->) I especially didn't like Billy's extended role and him not dying at the end, and ending of the film itself.

Welcome again.