Page:
PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
So it's another Manchester convention, very likely to be much the same as all the previous ones..
10am-7pm at Chorlton Leisure Centre, 7pm-erm, sometime later at St. Ninian's Church Hall.

General juggle weavesmiley ubbloco hug (where's the hoop graemlin??) fun during the day, evening is pub quiz/silliness/renegade (if we get any acts).

Probably going to be £6, it always has been before, but since we've not had an organisers' meeting yet that might change.

PM/ask here if there's anything else you want to know...

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
So who's coming down?

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

336 posts

Posted:
Why are you on HoP? You should be on your way to Chorlton leisure centre!!;)

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
 Written by: PinkNigel

Why are you on HoP? You should be on your way to Chorlton leisure centre!!;)

yes you should have been

was a good day biggrin (edit:iamdumb)
EDITED_BY: simta (1191948757)

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Well I had a brilliant time, thanks guys! Was good meeting everyone, and I learnt quite a few new hints etc. I'm still stunned by the diabolo that broke the speed limit!

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

336 posts

Posted:
Thank you very many, glad y'all hd a good time.. From our point of view it was all a success, 123 people on the day, so once again our attempts at being non-profit failed and we get to put more money in the bank. We'll do something special for MCX with all this cash we keep collecting...

What gets me about that diabolo bit was that he was p'd off about how so much of it (apparently) went wrong. There's clearly a big advantage in doing original tricks really fast, cos I'm sure only he realised that there were mistakes... (I certainly only knew from watching his face, what was going on with the diablo didn't always match his expression)

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I spotted that about the guy doing the diablo too.
But thanks once again to nigel and the rest of the committee for organising such a wonderful event right here in this wonderful city hug

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Yes, I saw that, what amazes me even more was the fact he'd been drinking! I can't imagine what he's like sober!

Oh, and could someone tell me if the church hall is where the juggling club meets on Monday nights, and if so, what time?

That would be great biggrin

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

336 posts

Posted:
 Written by: pricklyleaf

Oh, and could someone tell me if the church hall is where the juggling club meets on Monday nights, and if so, what time?

That would be great biggrin

Not that church hall, but one very close.. St Werburgh's (Mondays) is on the other side of the road from St Ninians (Convention) and a wee bit further from the centre of Chorlton. From 7.30ish to 10 officially but the lure of the pub is strong... (With added weirdness on the first Monday of the month. Don't turn up then cos it's not on.)

Page: