Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Common Ground '07, Adelaide - SOLD OUT!!!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
~*~ COMMON GROUND 2007 TEASER ~*~

!!!!!!!!!*********COMMON GROUND SITE IS UPDATED*********!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.common-ground.net

we will be updating it progressively as we confirm / think of stuff closer to the date.

------------------

Greetings to all you fine, dandy, spangley and sparkly people!!

Just putting the word out…..

Common Ground is an Annual object manipulation and lifestyle meeting held from Friday the 5th of October to Monday the 8th of October. It's aimed specifically at people who want to relax, have fun, share and learn in a positive and supportive environment.

Set in the picturesque Adelaide Hills, the location has ample room for camping, workshops and more.

Mainly focussing on (but by no means limited to) Twirling, Dance, Music and Circus related skills. Workshops cover a very wide range of different interests and skill levels. From complete novice to professional performer, we think we have something for you.

Core to the concept is participation. The event is created by those who attend sharing their skills and experiences with others - to borrow a phrase thrown around at Burning Man:

"No Spectators, only Participants."

Although, if doing every workshop isn’t you style - just chill out and contribute to the relaxed, happy atmosphere.

Confirmed Dates:

Friday 5th October

Saturday 6th October

Sunday 7th October

Monday 8th October

The dates are a week later this year giving the crew time to be completely set up and running by the time people arrive Friday morning.

Friday – arrive anytime, gates will be open at 8am. Workshops start in the afternoon.

Saturday – **Show**

Sunday – TBA

Monday – workshops and offsite by after lunch.

We have already had some reservations on workshops these include:

Yoga

Drumming

Learn how to DJ

Yogaeria

TICKETS – Limited to 150!! And yes they will sell out!

Early bird - $30 booking before August 31st

Just missed the worm - $40 September 1st – October 4th

Missed the boat - $50 on the door if there are any remaining - there weren't last year

Please email if you would like an EB ticket – go on be the first you know you want too!

IDEAS: for workshops and contributions most welcome.

As in 2005 and 2006 – there will always be smiles, fun, madness, music, dancing and laughing.

Stay tuned for future updates.

Cheers,

Kate and the Common Ground Crew

common-ground2006@hotmail.com

EDITED_BY: Katinca (1191027645)

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Same!! Damn uni frown

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
we are arriving on wed in the morning and leaving the following wednesday arvo.
We have a camper van and are gunna do some holiday stuff too I think!!

YAY! ubblove

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I get in Thursday night, but late thursday night. stupid uni spoiling all the fun!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
well no show of me getting down there then! il be lucky to get there sat at this rate!
eep should really book tickets!

What if we think the jokes on them,
But really - the jokes on us....

and also... i wuv Rougie *snuz*

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

I arrive in Oz on 18th Sept in time for MJC then MAYBE going skiing/snowboarding with Petey and then... well, whenever I get the bus to adelaide. When do YOU think it's best to arrive? 4th Oct? Or is there a reason to come to Adelaide earlier?

mmmm id say you should come a few days earlier, you should drag some melbournites along with you *nods* we have a really big living room which is currently just going to have a teeny tiny sureau in it .... im sure we can fit atleast another 12-15 ppl in there ..... well if u don't mind it being a little bit cozy ... ok well maybe more like 3-4 in a comfortable fashion smile

both Josh and Bill forgot to write on my blanket at uber spank methinks it maybe full after CG eek biggrin

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
ill be arriving on the wednesday night.. but im not sure where ill be sleeping yet smile

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
mmmm we could always go the uber squishy option of concentrated hoppyness and have brett n co to ..... and i have been missing my snuggle beeeeeeeeeeatch since 2ber .... i like hoppyness biggrin thoughts mr brett?
EDITED_BY: ben-ja-men (1189086128)

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
In that case, it's a case of 'where my host goes, I am sure to follow' so yes I shall try to make it there on the 4th. Maybe on the 3rd too if you're (un)lucky... wink

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
ok ben... what!? all i understood of that message is you need more snugs... this is fair... but you seem to be asking me somthing else as well... speaking to lou were not planing on heading out at all on the thursday night... were gonna be getting stuff a happeniing for the ground that is common the next day... is that what your asking...? (ps *chipchipchip... chip and dale)

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Ant and i are road tripping it over from melb. with Paul (p1? p2? ...i can't remember whos who lol... but the phearie's paul... _che_ ) so whenever it is he will be arriving we will be also biggrin

(....that is if he dosen't get sick of us and turf us out at the first servo on the way wink *giggles* ubblol )

but i think he mentioned leaving Melb early Friday morn...?

correct me if i'm wrong paulio! smile

so yeahh smile while everyone's talkin about when they're arriving hehe thought i'd put in my 2 cents ubblol

...and i'd just like to say

bounce YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY YIPPITY YAAAHOOOOOOOO!!! bounce

it's like really soon now!!!

like 28 sleeps! (till the actual CG festivities) ubblove

biggrin biggrin biggrin

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
yar im rushing last minute packing for a week away in central australia yaaaaaaaay stuff biggrin

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
To be honest I'm a little nervous of coming down to Common Ground: for the climate... I got so extremely cold last year it really stuffed up my neck. And I had such bad runs with the flu this winter...been so sick the last few weeks since 2Uber... I just dread camping in frost again. frown frown

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

MokaGOLD Member
is a medium/large scary man
420 posts

Posted:
Pussy...
lol JK newgabe, just buy yourself a new sleeping bag, one of the ones for climbing everest etc... that'll keep you warm...
I just paid off my lay-by for my Swag and Sleeping Bag etc... YAY! Getting closer and Closer...

Contact juggling was invented by dung beetles.

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Moka

Pussy...

lol JK newgabe, just buy yourself a new sleeping bag, one of the ones for climbing everest etc... that'll keep you warm...

Hmm

$20 for CG ticket, $300 for airfares, $500 for sleeping bag.

rolleyes

Probably cheaper to stay in a motel and take a cab out each day!

Good point though: does anyone have a spare subzero sleeping bag I could borrow? I have a thermarest but my sleeping bag is basic. I live in Qld and have absolutely no use to own a hardcore one.

madjugglingGOLD Member
stranger
46 posts

Posted:
 Written by: newgabe

Hmm
$20 for CG ticket, $300 for airfares, $500 for sleeping bag.
rolleyes

experience you will have at common ground. priceless!

sorry... had to be said... and from a guy who isn't coming, but not because of the cold (but i am happy to add that to my reasons)

MokaGOLD Member
is a medium/large scary man
420 posts

Posted:
lol, I'll pay that mark...
Will you be @ MJC though???

Contact juggling was invented by dung beetles.

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Moka

Pussy...
lol JK newgabe,...

What's JK mean?

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Gabe; find someone lovely to snuggle up to for warmth ubblove

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
gabe - jk = just kidding or joking biggrin

YAY! only 25 days to go!! bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
sure gabe you can use mmy coldness sleeping bag... its not sub zero but it did keep me warm on the cold desert nights in central oz and in scotland so should surfice for CG maybe with a blankie hug

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Thanks Brett!! Sounds more my style than trying to find a random to bed down with. Sleeping bag less likely to snore, have awkward elbows or expect me to talk to it first thing in the morning. rolleyes
Rougie...there are reasons why I am single wink ubblol

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
i have camped in snow for outdoor festivals that i love less than CG.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Are there still tickets available? I know a few Melbournites who are keen on coming smile

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
yeah there are still tickets left! but they are selling steadily. I think we are around the 100 mark.

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Katinca

Right so if you post in this forum you have to come to Common Ground

Post. smile

Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
 Written by: newgabe

Thanks Brett!! Sounds more my style than trying to find a random to bed down with. Sleeping bag less likely to snore, have awkward elbows or expect me to talk to it first thing in the morning. rolleyes
Rougie...there are reasons why I am single wink ubblol

I just thought you were single because they'd be under such scrutiny from the rest of us to make sure they were good enough we might make them cry tongue

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Kyle McLean

Written by: Katinca

Right so if you post in this forum you have to come to Common Ground

Post. smile

awesome!!! smile

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
bounce biggrin

so...can paul & i crash at someone's place the monday night after cg? *bats eyelids* our plane leaves at around 9.30am tuesday morning, so we would be forever grateful if we could crash at someone's house & then maybe get a lift to the airport??? ubblove

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
yeahhh... i was wondering how many people are still gonna be round on the Monday too ... Our flight home is latish Monday night smile

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
i would totally offer my place gita but it may be hard as i have a prac at uni at 2pm on monday then i start at 9am tuesday... but maybe we can figure out somting...

Page: ......