roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone.

I know I disappeared last year, I wasn't planning on coming back but I really need some guidance because I'm really stuck...

I'm reaching out to you guys cause I'm struggling a lot with money. I moved to Melbourne a few months ago and have rent and bills to pay with less than $20 in my bank.

I was working at Subway but I don't have any shifts for the next 2 weeks

I was thinking about those paid surveys that you often see pop ups for. The only thing is is that I'm worried about scams etc, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with doing online surveys, if there are any non scamming ones! Can anyone recommend a decent, proper paid survey site?

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
OMG! STEPH POSTED!!!!!!! eek

um, no, sorry. i dont know any hug

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
You could try www.ciao.com, I think they operate in Oz!?

hug

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
the only legit one that pays any descent surveys that im aware of is pureprofile and with that you only get one every couple of months.

I would recommend searching for a second part time job

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Pure profile doesnt offer much money. Well Im not getting much anyways.

Mining jobs are relatively easy to get over here. My sister has just got one and as she is living with Mum its reasonable money as she has minimal living costs. Not sure of the other foci in your life (ie study) but might be a short term money option.
hug hug hug

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Yeah I mentioned filling in for people and they said they'd call if they needed me. And no I didn't ask about other branches...I didn't even think of it! But I would have been leaving in 3 weeks anyway...

Basically I was only living where I am for another 3 weeks. I've been here for about 2 months, was taking over Miss Rouge's room while she is overseas.

On Feb 11th I'm moving right smack bang into the CBD of Melbourne and university starts. I'm staying on campus at the Uni accomodation and thankfully my parents are supporting me through that. I just wanted to move earlier because I was sick of my little town and wanted to get to know Melbourne and settle in a bit. It's been great for that.

But due to having no money in my account and rent and bills to pay I've moved back home for the few weeks before uni

I signed up for pure profile, don't really know how exactly it works yet but I'm just assuming they email you when they need you?

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
hey hon, welcome back hey! i don't have any ideas, but me and mig are a bit tight after christmas aswell, so you have all our love and sympathy.

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Pure Profile send you an email and you follow the prompts.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

tillymoomember
107 posts

Posted:
hey. i seem to have a lot of syncronicity in my life at the moment. i read your post and today i got a message on my myspace page extolling the virtues of this paid survey site!

link edited out

i really have no idea whether it's reputable or even really what it's about, but i thought i would pass it on.

the only other thing i would suggest would be to approach pubs directly for some cash-in-hand work. this would be a fairly busy time for pubs in melbourne.

good luck
EDITED_BY: tillymoo (1168924617)

"A Thnead's a fine thing that all people need"
Dr Suess

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
 Written by: tillymoo

today i got a message on my myspace page extolling the virtues of this paid survey site!

https://www.internetcashsurveys.com/?id=melovemoney

i really have no idea whether it's reputable or even really what it's about, but i thought i would pass it on.

Clearly it's a scam site, asking for an up-front 'membership' payment, as most such sites do.

Don't waste your money and please don't help them dupe gullible people by passing on such links.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

tillymoomember
107 posts

Posted:
 Written by: onewheeldave

Written by: tillymoo

today i got a message on my myspace page extolling the virtues of this paid survey site!

https://www.internetcashsurveys.com/?id=melovemoney

Clearly it's a scam site, asking for an up-front 'membership' payment, as most such sites do.

Don't waste your money and please don't help them dupe gullible people by passing on such links.

ahh, i'm sorry. as i said i didn;t really look into it. usually i wouldn;t even take a second glance at that sort of thing, but i reminded me of roarfires request.

point taken

"A Thnead's a fine thing that all people need"
Dr Suess

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
does your area have mystery shoppers, my mother did it for awhile, not a lot of money in it though

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I applied for mystery shopping but they never got back to me.

Ciao surveys offerend me AUD $4.50 for a survey, I did a few questions than it told me that I don't fit the kind of people/situations they need for this survey! Argh!

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
yeah, you'll find that you need to bend the truth a little to fit a lot of the surveys requirements! ubblol

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
I don't think you can earn money through except just a little but some surveys are just fun to do.

A couple of months ago I was send two boxes of Make at Home Fajitas that I had to taste, compare and review.

And now I'm gonna get a free Cosmopolitan (magazine) send to me every two months for the whole year. I'll have to say what I liked/disliked for each issue!

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
whats that through firetramp?

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
www.opinionbar.com
uk.testandvote.com

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.