MichalBRONZE Member
489 posts

Posted:
null:)Hi folks! :)

coolHere’s the details of the next Beginners and Intermediate Poi Spinning courses. Updates are also available at www.poispinning.com. Places are limited so book early. You can bring your own poi, or borrow or buy poi at your first class!

ubbangelRemember you can now buy Gift Vouchers if you would like to treat someone to a course or part of the course fees for a Xmas or birthday present!!

weavesmileyBeginners Poi Courses

January:

Mon: (Camden Town) 7:30 - 9:30pm. Starts 15th January

Tues: (Elephant & Castle) 7:30 - 9:30 pm Starts 16th January

February:

Mon: (Camden Town) 7:30 - 9:30pm. Starts 26th February

Tues: (Elephant & Castle) 7:30 - 9:30pm. Starts 27th February

Courses run for 6 weeks and are priced at £75 (concs avail).

Exact directions to the venue are provided once you have booked a place.

biggrinThe Beginners course will teach you about thirty basic moves and how to put them all together so that you can flow from one to the other. Starting at the very beginning with how to hold your poi, we swiftly go on to moves such as reels, tuck turns, the weave, the backwards weave, the windmill, the butterfly and the fountain. (If you can do all of these moves already contact me regarding the Intermediate course). We will also explore basic concepts such as turns, follow time, linking moves together, and opposite directions, allowing you to begin to invent and explore your own moves and style. The course culminates in a show, so we will also work on choreography and presentation. Expect to work hard but have a good laugh with the others!

Your teacher will be Dave Knox

Dave Knox has performed for the past few years as part of the internationally reknowned fire troupe 'FlameOz', earning himself the respect and admiration of performers worldwide. He brings the same energy, humor and enthusiasm to his teaching, and has been teaching fire arts for many years - at one time running his own popular staff spinning course in London.

ubblolTo reserve a place or if you have any queries, contact me at courses@poispinning.com or 07905 949 441.

Well, I look forward to hearing from you.

See you soon!

smileMichal Kahn smile

michal@juggler.net

MichalBRONZE Member
489 posts

Posted:
places starting to fill but still plenty left!!!

michal@juggler.net

MichalBRONZE Member
489 posts

Posted:
there are still a few places lef tont he january courses, feel free to call over the weekend to book!!
Mxxx

michal@juggler.net

redfyfeSILVER Member
3 posts

Posted:
Hi

I live in Keighley near Bradford and Leeds in West Yorkshire, do you know of anywhere I could take lessons around here?