Forums > Social Chat > Where is the most daring place you have performed with your poi?

Login/Join to Participate

pookupoinewbie
9 posts

Posted:
I to try and push the limits. I've performed up trees, on top of moving vehicles and my most daring - in the middle of a roundabout!

Where have you performed (dangerous places only)

peaceOutPoiPeepsmember
38 posts

Posted:
on top of a 13ft tree stump with some modified poi with elasticated strings for extra reach. it was exhilarating.

aRR!

House_of_Poinmember
50 posts

Posted:
I performed in the middle of a roundabout on a one way system in Brighton recently. Everyone loved it!

Sometimes I get moved on when I do it on the seafront so recently I have been trying to find daring new places to avoid easy detection. I would love to climb onto the burnt out old West Pier and do my Poi there for everyone on the beach to see. And the poilice would just have to sit there and swivel on it.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
The most daring I've performed was at butlins- what was most scary was the millions of kids that came up to me and said "can i 'ave a go" or even worse, their parents who said "oi, where'd d'you get them thingggs?". Then a redcoat told me off because apparently I could have taken someone's eye out- yes, with soft sock poi!
*shudder* chav families.

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

pookupoinewbie
9 posts

Posted:
Man, that would be cosmic! Pier poi!

burninghamSecond wave. DIVE!
132 posts

Posted:
I have never performed with mine. I wouldn't want anyone seeing how crap I am. lol

Hello?

pookupoinewbie
9 posts

Posted:
Oh you must, just let the feeling flow

PoiMeansPrizesnewbie
13 posts

Posted:
It's such a release when you perform Poi in front of people. Poifect!

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
if you go to www.soton-firespinning.co.uk there's a cool magic roundabout vid on there smile

At the last Falmouth I was scared on the beach the first night when the tide was coming in and it was really dark and we couldn't see it, it was getting louder and louder and where we were would mean we'd be cut off from the steps if it came in! I was also quite munted and starting to worry so kept walking down to the sea to see where it was. But when the sun came up we probably had another 15-30 minutes before it would have reached us. It was quite exciting as well as scarey biggrin

Apart from that I've spun on the side of a motorway, that was funny. On our way to überpoi in Beths car and it broke down so we did a mini motorway video. Oh the days.....

ubblol

Let's relight this forum ubblove

PoiMeansPrizesnewbie
13 posts

Posted:
uberpoi!

That sounds so cool!

pookupoinewbie
9 posts

Posted:
ubblol

HenFeatures2006newbie
12 posts

Posted:
I once got stuck into a difficult routine on the train. It was pretty hard because it was the last train of the night so it was crowded with commuters, but I made them all crowd up one end and set to it. I know they'd thank me for it once I got going, but I wasn't able to. One of them grabbed me and pushed me down.

Another time I did it in the toilet on a plane. Noone saw though.

imastudentnewbie
17 posts

Posted:
romford

Mr_Identity_Crisismember
48 posts

Posted:
thats not daring, thats suicidal. Did you leave with your wallet? smile

~Troll

imastudentnewbie
17 posts

Posted:
im a student i dont have a wallet as i have no money

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Most daring?

That's a hard one.

Probably in Croydon where i used to live. If any of you have heard of Croydon you'd understand...

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

House_of_Poinmember
50 posts

Posted:
Croydon is arguably the most repulsively scum-ridden corner of the UK, outside of Reading.

I feel for you

peaceOutPoiPeepsmember
38 posts

Posted:
Hey! my family is from Croydon

aRR!

House_of_Poinmember
50 posts

Posted:
You have my sympathy

PerrafordeBRONZE Member
Its Wet and Cold
120 posts

Posted:
The most daring place for me is outside. I live on an Island in Scotland and we have midgies in the summer and i am allergic to midgies.

So for me just trying to poi is daring ubblol

When i do get out i have to lock my cat inside because he tries to catch my pois and they are strobe pois which hurt! frown

Oh Slothy. I may have been bad. I may have kept you chained up in that room but it was for your own good

Either I have a monster in my kitchen or I'm completely crazy

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
most daring place huh hmmm..... well probebly my town centre in gloucester that was scary from the amount of chav children running round shouting abuse...

I think my best one has to be in the middle of a biker pub i stood on the bar and started doing poi... yeah i will leave the rest to u

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
The most daring place for me is Jillys/Rockworld in Manchester in which due to the manager being sued because someone got hit by glow-string and the glowstick burst and split over their heads poi is effectively banned.

Which is a shame as that is where the bug was bitten for me!

I still do it, not with glow string but with HOP rainbow glowballs and sometimes non-light-up sock poi, and keep to dark corners away from prying eyes.

Also, ANYWHERE IN PUBLIC on my own. Whether it be at the train station or my local gay dive (when I went to see if I could ply my trade! - nae joy btw). There's just something about it that feels very exposed when I'm not surround by other spinners to make it look like a gathering and me look like anything than a first class weirdo. I no longer let it bother but I'm always cautious. Especially with aforementioned chavs on the prowl...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock