LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-singlemember
536 posts

Posted:
does anyone here hate school as much as i or am i alone in this?
I mean it's like they never give you any time to do work and it's so boring!!!!
your views.

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
Hey Mr Box
Listen, i wouldn't worry about it, Sadly every one has to go through school and most hate it, But trust me on this, make the most of it because all too soon you'll be out in the real world and it ain't that nice.
At the risk of sounding like my father ......"Make the most of it, because one day you'll wish you were back there".
It's true, you will.
Just remember you won't be there for ever.
LOL
Taking it easy
Trippy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.
N.E.W.B. Agent #012
"I Got Soul"
Non-Https Image Link

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

Eeyoremember
18 posts

Posted:
Well I believe my school is really a cult. My school charges massive fees and gives absolutely nothing back. Im currently being taught by an unqualified PE teacher. (Not that I dont like him but this is my future.) The school takes all of our money and puts it into making new schools elsewhere. Im pretty sure they are intent on world domination.

Our headmaster looks suspiciously like a mask of the devil I have seen. He decided that when it snowed, that it was 'illegal' to go outside. A while back I was bullied and eventually went to see the headmaster about it. He accused me of lieing and went so far as to tell me that If I didnt like the school I didnt have to go. When my dad phoned him he called my dad a fool. I now have to be extremely careful around him as he seems to be looking for reasons to expel me.

Yeh I think id rather go to prison than go to school but anyway. Its something that has to be suffered and apparently it should build character.

Makes you wonder really.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Work sux even more hunny.. at least you get the summer off.. and the rest of your holidays.. we working people are lucky if we get 25 days off a year.. As Trippy said - make the most of it - one day you'll wish you were back.. I know I do.. ahhh easy days!

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I hated high school with a passion. It was like having to go to prison every day. No adult should have to ask another adult for permission to use a bathroom. It's gross having to announce your bodily functions to someone else. All the rules and such drove me nuts, not to mention the sheer amount of busywork. And the social situation is...interesting...to say the least.

College and grad school were the most fun EVER. I got to study stuff that I really enjoyed and cared about, I had free time, I had freedom. I could skip lecture and that was my problem. I could walk out of a class to piss if I needed to without having to ask permission. And the social scene definately worked out much better.

But med school is like high school with a vengeance. Our class is about the size of my high school class (170). But now we're all in our early/mid 20's. And many of my classmates act as if they were still in middle school.

The work load is another matter entirely. Medical school is famous for being the hardest course of study ever. But a lot of it is unnecessary memorization of facts that have neither scientific nor clinical relevance. We're just memorizing this stuff because it amuses our professors. It's this whole "initiation" mindset. You'd think, from the psychology of it, that they were training military pilots, not people who are supposed to be healers. This explains the general attitude of a lot of doctors, BTW.

I can't wait to get through it. Because then I get to be a professor, and I am going to make a lot of noise and work to get some changes made in the system.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
the reason school sucks so much is it's an attempt to make as many people as possible drop out before going to university. you see, the government know we just sit around all day smoking dope and they can't afford to pay for everyone to do that. so they've worked out that if only the dedicated slackers get to uni, it can be written off under the umbrella term 'education'.

hope that helps

wherever you go, there you are.

JeStErSILVER Member
enthusiast
214 posts

Posted:
Yeah you won't be there for ever.

ROTFL at mikes and mind gaps' posts

make the most of it, I sadly suffer from excessive procrastination to the point of not even being able to cram at the last minute and barely pass, subsequently I couldn't get into the courses I'd have liked to have done since I failed English unit 3 and I so regret not trying harder now.
I'm now having to do a smaller TAFE course that will hopfully let me spring board into a degree.

That hole government conspiracy thing had me in stitches, thanks mind gap, interesting notion.

Trying to play the Akashic records,
but my turntables not compatible.

Tikamember
106 posts

Posted:
Work SUX!!
I am totally looking forward to going back to school after taking a few years off. At least with school you are working towards something you like (hopefully), with work you're just busting your ass making some else rich.

LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-singlemember
536 posts

Posted:
i know i'm just an ignorant fool for thinking this , but.....
My idea of a good life is...roaming the contry from one crappy, minimum wage job avter another..
in an old VW van and Fm radio station.
Every time a job gets boring,... i move...
i know taxes and such but after all of this tax stuff my moms is taking care of, i'm gonna learn from her...
and i ride into the sunset of eternal childhood....and the waking up part isn't hard for me since i'm an insomniac. Seriously i like sleep for 3 hours a day...
*shrugs*.....
or all of that and play in a band makeing crap money, and never doing anything with my life. But that is fine with me.....
You think a job is bad?
Think about getting up everyday, same time, 24/7.
one break, 8 hours a day, samething everyday, and never getting paid. and if you ever slip up once you get in trouble, then when you get home you get a progress report. telling how badly you are doing in school cuz you choose to not work....
but instead of getting fired, they keep you there....and if you do get fired, you just go to a new place where you work the same, same time, every day. Then to top it all off, you have an instructor breathing down your neck all day asking you if you are done with "thier" work....

"But screw it, i don't care...i gonna prove them wrong.....
i'm gonna prove to all of the haters, teachers, and other little punks that don't like me and think i'm stupid, that i'm smarter than that....
Screw the teachers, i hate them but i'm gonna put up with them anyways so that when i get home from school i won't have my parents yelling at me for not making good grades" you say....

but it's not all of that type of simple....
you got to work and work and learn and waste time, your childhood, on stuff you are just going to forget later...
whew just thought i would get that off of my chest.....
thank you....

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
heh, hmm..wow, let's hear from people who actually love what they do for a living, yay!
I dropped out of college n I know I'm going back one day but ey, I love my job. I get challenged, express my creativity, solve problems, umm..O yeah make bank too Do what you love neh

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

Magickal_Kaleidoscopemember
119 posts

Posted:
dnt wry school is bad but u gotta do it.
look on the bright side theres lots of girls
specially in australia those mini skirts for the school uniforms

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
mmm, miniskirts...college is one of those places where you can count your 'buddies' on more than one hand..and after exams..

time to relieve some stress

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."