ChorinBRONZE Member
217 posts

Posted:
Hi,

I have a friend who is putting on a drum & bass / hip-hop / ambient style night at the uni venue in High Wycombe. She is after some folks to do some entertainment to make the night a bit more interesting.

Ideally she's after some local poi/staff/juggling talent that would be willing to perform for free as she can't pay. She would sort out free entry to the venue though so you'd be free to go and have a boogie if you fancied it when you're not performing. She's also laying on free food and drinks in the green room for those that go along.

She doesn't want fire spinners though as it's an indoor venue and she doesn't have the required permission. So she wants UV/Glow spinners.

Anyway if any of you are interested let me know and I'll put you intouch with her.

cheers

Chorin

Dilbert's Words of Wisdom -
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either!
You are slower than a herd of turtles stampedeing through peanut butter!

Oh yeah.... Don't tell the ants

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
When is this?

shrug

Is it Kirsty again? umm

ChorinBRONZE Member
217 posts

Posted:
6th of May

Dilbert's Words of Wisdom -
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either!
You are slower than a herd of turtles stampedeing through peanut butter!

Oh yeah.... Don't tell the ants

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Twenty third of December?
Thats ages away and far too near Christmas for my liking...

umm

Sectionednewbie
5 posts

Posted:
Anyone from around high wycombe area wanna meet up, just for the purpose of hanging out spinning fire, maybe breathing it, juggle trade tips and so fourth? sorry to hijack the thread just more appropriate than makin a new one
l8rs
andy

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Yep, I'm in wycombe - when and where did you have in mind?

I can't help with the night at the uni though I'm afraid - I don't have any glow stuff frown

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Sectionednewbie
5 posts

Posted:
well i not lived here to long so not sure where the best places to go would be i would say the rye but i imagine if we lit anything up there we would prolly get told to clear off after bout 5 mins. did u happen to be at the uni's trade fair thing last week??
what main things you do, poi?

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I used to spin fire on the rye, I had no problems from anyone smile
That's probably the best place for it, there's always loads of space there.

Yep, I was at the fairtrade thing last week, I spent a fair while there playing with balloons biggrin

I'm very much a jack of all trades - I do lots of things, mainly poi and juggling, club swinging and balloon sculpting at the moment.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Sectionednewbie
5 posts

Posted:
my newest thing is juggling clubs and ive got to the point of doin chops and double spins and really wana find ppl hu do it to help me keep goin and i did poi a lil while ago for few months and got to the basics of the weave and other small tricks im not amazing at any of it but i really wana keep doin it an i find it hard 2 keep pushin myself wen i do it alone.
did u talk to the girl with black and red hair and tattoos on her arms called jen i think she was using her poi, just i think she'd proly like to come along to
andy

EmmCeeeFFBRONZE Member
145 posts

Posted:
Hey guys,I understand that these are very old posts but none the less I am trying to locate a few more spinners in the WYcombe area and hopfully get some kind of regular meet on the go in time for summer. I have started abit of a facebok group just so that everyone has a chance to chat and things, I guess we will see how it all pans out but if you are in teh area and interested in sucha meet then add yourself to https://www.facebook.com/search/?q=bovril&init=quick#!/group.php?gid=309440234001

All the ebst and happy spinning to you all grin

If i had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isnt. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldnt be. And what it wouldnt be, it would. You see?

EmmCeeeFFBRONZE Member
145 posts

Posted:
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=309440234001

If i had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isnt. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldnt be. And what it wouldnt be, it would. You see?