Forums > Meet Others > Help - In Melbourne got a flat :) Anyone fancy a spin?

Login/Join to Participate

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Hello poiple,

Me and Bex had an awsome time up at uberOz.

We are now down in melbourne staying at a crap backpackers that is sucking our money dry and doing our heads in.

Does anyone have a room to rent or a place for a pair of lovable circusy folks to stay for a while until we find our feet?

Bex has moved here to work for a year as a nurse, she starts on monday and she's getting pretty stressed, her hospital don't help out at all will accomodation.

I'm here for a couple months before heading back to nz.

Any help or advice is much appreciated...

Met some lush poiple of sunday and will see more of you on wednesday and thursday nights.

Of course if i'm staying at yours you get free workshops whenever you like wink

matt and bex

hug

EDITED_BY: spherculist (1140493537)

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
So we found a cool little flat to rent, then the owner chose someone else to live there, we're gutted, frown

Any help with places to go, newpapers to get, websites etc....

Really bummed out

m&b

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hey darls, I am sorry to hear Melburp isn't treating you well!
I will IMMEDIATELY drag out my database/ address book/mobile/psychic powers and see if I can come up with something!
Cheers
Gabe

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
hey sweety, maybe come down to sunday night spinning, I know there is another girl there who is wanting to move out, Maybe you could find a flat together? in the mean times, I will keep my ear to the ground for you. xoxo

Currently on the right side up of the world.

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
hey Matt, is there a particular part of Melbs you need to be in for Bex's work? What hospital etc? I have forwarded you a few responses to an email I sent out to possible contacts...so check your *sphism* account

also could you PM me your mobile number in case something comes up sudden?

some thoughts off the top of my head are:

CIrcus Oz? NICA/ They are based in Melb and might have sympathy for your situation/circus peeps living in shared housing.

Also Universities may have online ad places/notice boards

Cheers

Gabe

ps if it all gets too much you are always welcome back here!

TyrGOLD Member
Simplicity Convoluter & Cabbage Friend
126 posts
Location: In the shadow of the wolf (somewhere over melbourn...

Posted:
Hey Matt & Bex smile

We have lots of traveler peoples in our house right now but two more would be welcome to a bed in the living room (as a temporary escape from evil costly backpackers) on the grander scale of things we may have a room coming available shortly but I have to check with others in case there are already has dibs on it.

Come visit anyway, we are having a party / gathering tonight (starts at 8pm) that all nice firie folk are welcome at - Theme 'Games and Moustaches' (loose interpretations welcome smile
Give us a call on 0421 851 886 (I’ll be at work, so leave a message and I’ll call you back) or Jo on 9440 9307 after midday.
Address is 98 Bond St Ivanhoe – best way to get here is the 250 or 350 bus from opposite flinders st station – it’s about the third stop off Oriel rd (Go left up Bond st).

Hugs and hope this is helpful – if not have fun wherever you are and what ever you’re doing.

Cheers,

Dave and Jo.

“What are you creatures of Fantastica? Dreams, poetic inventions, characters in a neverending story.”
Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Thanks so much everyone.

We found a really great place to live smile

We're down in prahran / windsor, 5 mins walk for bex to get to work. Lovely flatmate, who has been wanting to find a poi teacher for ages lol, she's a complete noob and i keep confudling her but she's learning a few things.

Melbourne rocks, totally happy here.

Tyr - thanks very much for your offer, we'll have to meet up anyhow.

I'll be in edinburgh gardens tomorrow night, then st kilda night market on thurs for the extra one. Might be at sunday one too but will be bex's day off so might do something else.

Big love to you all,

m

smile

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
So glad it's sorted for you! Your flatmate is lucky to have you two along, you are such sweeties! Meanwhile, Tillymoo, who usually lives at my house but who is in Adelaide at the moment, is coming down to Melbourne at the end of March for 6 weeks to work at the Comedy Festival. So I'll get her in touch with you.. she is a hoot!
EDITED_BY: newgabe (1140509193)

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
heya mr spherculist!

hmm, should be seeing you at the night markets then, ive got some new restraints, so chances are ill prolly be wearing some of them bounce

cheers, pete hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Petey... you into public bondage then???

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
well, that too. but i got some new escape gear, and im looking forward to seeing the looks i get, looking at market stalls while in full convict type thing biggrin

cheers, pete hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*