KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Central Park reporting 22.8 inches recently, which is only about four inches off the record, set in 1947. The snow hasnlt let up at all yet here in brooklyn, altho its not as windy as it was last night when I was coming home from work.

Its very... white, here. My fire escape looks pretty tho.....

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
very white here as well....

but I can see car tops

Oh well, thank god I don't have anywhere to go today. Although, it doesn't look like much more's coming down at the moment, more like what's down is blowin' around

still glad I don't hafta go outside though

[edit]

and the blizzard conditions continue with more snowfall and whiteout
EDITED_BY: fireNice (1139765192)

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
YAY SNOW! I love it!

Run outside and build huge Snow people and a castle and a big dog and lots of strange creatures...... Ooooo and a unicorn (you can use a carrot for its horn)..... And you have to toboggan down big hills, throw snowballs at people and make snow angels!

Snow is fun!!!!!

[disclaimer]Snow may well not be fun if you are trapped in your home or car by it. It also maybe no fun if you have just had a hip replacement operation and the doctors have expressly told you that you are not allowed to go tobogganing in it. Any injuries sustained whilst playing in the snow in the manner I have discribe above are not my fault and I will therefor not pay you a penny if such a tragic accident were to happen.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
Same here .. everything is white in south eastern MA Thank gawd i don't have to go to work today i'd kill if i had to, but i can't practice either .. mad2

You know what I'm thinking about right now? That's right, Tacos!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Eh...That's normal where I am.
I love it.
You just keep candles handy so that if the power goes out you shut yourself in a room and the candles help keep you warm.

I love it. I have since the Blizzard of 77 when I was 4.

It's still coming down here, and we already had shin deep snow before it started! YAY!

Oh, and it makes for a perfect jammie day...since no one will be coming over and I won't be going anywhere my betty boop jammies and I shall be inseperable! biggrin

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I really miss having lots of snow in the winter frown

This year I was only snowed on twice, it didn't settle either time.

I remember winters of sledging down the fields round the corner from my house and building an igloo in the garden (well, half an igloo - motivation to finish it kind of vanished after the dog turned parts of it yellow wink )

*starts planning a probably expensive holiday* smile

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I hate the snow. It's cold and wet and horrible.
Last time it snowed here I had some certain HoPers visiting. FRD and JAC arrived on time. Then us three sat at the station for 2 friggin hours waiting to pigeon adn Linden to arrive. So cold! And horrible! Brrr!
Then, I've got extremly fair skin and hate the hot sun as well..

Spring, I like spring biggrin

L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
lol it's cold right now -_- and i'm stuck in my house with my family.. wich is bad! but i gots my music and my HoP

You know what I'm thinking about right now? That's right, Tacos!

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
I second Bovril... the snow in England this year was RUBBISH, even in the North. Sucks frown

It'll probably snow in like April or something to make up for it rolleyes

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Likely! There was just about no snow at all here before this...

I like snow better when I'm in the country. Its still entertaining in the city, but there's less fun things to do. On the other hand, I don't have to drive. On the third hand, I don't mind driving in the snow at all, I'm from MI for gods' sakes....

I've never actually been in a storm with this much accumulation this quickly, however. Despite having grown up in a place where 8" in a night isn't really bat-an-eyelash worthy.

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
"Last time it snowed here I had some certain HoPers visiting."

I don't like snow either. Mostly because I fall over lots. redface

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Written by: Sethis

I second Bovril... the snow in England this year was RUBBISH, even in the North. Sucks frown

Snow here was at a good 6 inches, which is the most we've had since 1991, when I was 2...
Lossa pictures of me in a magneta all in one thermal suit...thing *shudder* building a snowman in the back garden in thick thick snow.

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
YAY!!! Snow! *waits for snow to come*

The blizzard here is just beginning... My province is just above and to the right of Maine, so we'll get the Nor'Wester (as they are called) in a few hours. Hopefully this means that school is going to be cancelled tomorrow!!!! That would be so nice!

Not much snow fall right now, but lots of wind here... And I have to work tonight! Argh, what else is new!

C'mon snow!!! Counting on you here!

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Annnnd we have a record... 26.9"
(previous record 26.4", 1947. Measured, since, 1869, i think, at least near then).

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Just in time for Molly's arrival. We had a lovely day in the snow. Went out for Hallah French Toast and Indian food. And shoveled my car out of the snow... and the BEST PART....

SNOWDAY TOMORROW!!!!

They've already called it since there's no way that Westchester will be able to dig out in time.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

bounce

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Well i have to work tommorow but not immediately!

I normally walk tho. Tommorow, I shall take the train.

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Written by: NYC

and the BEST PART....

SNOWDAY TOMORROW!!!!

I hate you. I had to work today. 11AM to 11PM. I think this experience is convincing me to keep my car. She (my car is a butch dyke wink ) plowed through a 3-foot snowbank to get me out of my parking spot on a cold engine. And then she quickly managed to scrape most of the ice off herself by heating up quickly. And she got me to work in 35 minutes, 15 minutes longer than usual. Not too shabby.

The ER was *DEAD* this morning. But boy howdy did it pick back up to normal business at about 5-6 once it had stopped falling. Sixteen asthmatics "on death's door" (where were they all morning?), etc. A couple of "brought in by ambulance, chief complaint rash for two weeks, not itchy, no fever, feeding and voiding well." (Great use of the ambulance in the middle of a natural disaster, ya moron).

I saw a couple of slip-and-fall injuries. But nothing came in that was really weather-related, like frostbite or hypothermia. And no serious injuries on the pediatric side (there were a couple of wrecks that came in with some broken limbs on the adult side).

And I have to work tomorrow. Because doctors don't *get* snowdays. frown

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Ahhhh poor lightning hug

*slips a small snowball down lightings back as he is distracted by the hug*

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Written by: Doc Lightning

Yeah but at least you guys get two months off every summer.

Oh no wait...

ubbangel

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Damn climate!

*shakes fist at sky*

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Written by: NYC

Yeah but at least you guys get two months off every summer.

Oh no wait...

ubbangel

The pay, NYC. The pay.

And the fact that as a side-benefit, I always have a little doctor who lives in my head.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
Oi mr NYC - the best part was making snow angels in Astor Place smile

It's melting now though - I don't want to go and see what state the enormous snowmen have been reduced to.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:

The pay, NYC. The pay.

When we're both a hundred and lying on our death beds and I'm thinking of all of my lifetime's full of summer vacations and you're thinking of your money, we'll see who's smile is bigger.

ubbangel

I make more than I spend and I've got time to snuggle with Molly and play in Europe with these hippies. I've spent 8 months out of the last 3 years out of the country on vacation. Plus, I get guiltaholics like you saving the world so I can relax and enjoy. wink wink wink

And Molly, the best part was walking together to French Toast. ubblove

And the snow is already meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelting... meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelting... It should be 50 degrees (10C) by Thursday... then Friday there's the possibilty of more snow. biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
The weather is about as schizophrenic as Colorado. There were a mess of people who showed up sunday (I had off) but yesterday was about dead. Our cleaner didn't shovel the sidewalk tho, like he was supposed to, and we wound up having the emergency doctors do it. Well, ok, the medical director and the intern, so we wern't actually paying, like, our surgeon to do it or anything. Just as well. tongue

Hey mike, resident or no, at least they didn't make you shovel the walks tongue

Poor intern.

I stepped in a 18" puddle of water on the way to work tho frown

On the positive side the snow's still white eek (Well, a lot of it anyway!)

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
snowstorm coming to milwaukee in the next few days and the nights heading down to zero...maybe we'll get as much as the East did and then they won't make me come to work cause of the drives we all have
come on blow it this way clap bounce

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed