Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > belfast juggling convention important info

Login/Join to Participate

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
Hey guys as the only one of the organisers of the convention to be a hopper, the other 2 nickey and alister have asked me to post up an official information threat about this years convention. So please do not post on this thread.

Phewwwwww who would have thought a juggling convention could cos so much stress.... Ah its all worth it. Any way heres the info

- The convention will run from from fri 10th til sun 12th feb.

- The main part of the convention will take part in the snack bar in Queens university. The hall will be opened on friday so we can get right down to the juggling.... There are also loads of good bars so there is a chance for some bar hopping as well.

- The convention will cost £10 for the weekend (that includes access to the shows)

- The best place to stay is at the ark hostel (www.thearkhostel.com) where i have arranged a £2 discount per bed, per night if you mention that you are part of the convention. Please do not book the linin hostel, its not near the convention and its not nice....if you are stuck pm me and i will sort you out. Myself and diana (another hopper) both have a spare room.....

- There will be an evening show at the circus school on the sat at 7:30, acts include trapeze/ acro/ juggling/ contortion ect........

- After the show its back to the snack bar for the after party and renegade show. If you wish to take part in the renegade talk to myself, nickey or alister on the sat, and tell us what you want to do ect...

- Sun is just going to be relaxed with games ect in the hall......

During the weekwnd there will be various workshops taking place and lots of general juggling and spinning. I cant wait. If anyone has any questions then just pm me..... hug

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
the show is gonna be on the sat night at the circus school, at 8:30pm

the acts are as follows:
handbalancing
juggling
diabolo
trapeze
silks
sack dance
spanish web
comedy
acrobatics

its shaping up to be a great show, im really looking forward to this weekend... its gonna be a great one.
ubbrollsmile juggle juggle juggle

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
Just wondering, what time will the renegade be? Approximately, as it's a renegade, so anything could happen?

I have to work on Saturday, but am trying to decide if it's worth my while getting a bus up on Saturday evening. The earliest bus i can get leaves Dublin at 7, and so won't be in Belfast til 9.30 or 10.

Any point going?

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
(yeep, you're not allowed to post here Helen smile )

Pm on way...

hug

Getting to the other side smile

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Its too late now

smile

*cant think of anything to say*

*Goes off to pm helen too*

wave for Tainted smile

Love is the law.

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
ooooops

Sorry Tainted

hug

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Well if ye didn't do it, this thread would be lost in the pages of events for ever more, so well done smile

Am I allowed to write that here?

ubbrollsmile

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Yes

smile

Getting to the other side smile