Page:
SeventyMilesBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
hey everyone im looking for some advice for flirting and stuff. the thing is im not funny at all and girls like guys who can crack jokes and stuff. like i cant even get a girl to smile or n e thing. n e avice?

"A beautiful day. When it ends nothing remains the way it was..."

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Hobbies:Poi, breakdancing, wrestling, rock climbing, weights

well thats a good starting point! erm, i think you should just stop looking for other people and start being happy with yourself, then someone who will care for you no matter what will turn up.

i guess i'm not the best person to give advice, but i wouldn't use any 'tricks' though - they don't really work.

Good luck mate, it'll happen...

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Being funny isnt the only option, you can be charming instead

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
guys like what they see

girls like what they hear.

tell her ýou think she's beautiful, has nice eyes, slim body, nice hair etc even if she doesn't. Try and make her feel good about yourself. The rest is easy.

above all don't be someone your not. If a girl likes YOU, great. Don't try and be someone your not just for a girl, they're not worth it in the long run. If you're right with each other that's the main thing.

good luck hug

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Written by: Hexagonic

tell her ýou think she's beautiful, has nice eyes, slim body, nice hair etc even if she doesn't. Try and make her feel good about yourself. The rest is easy.

yeah, actually, just lie and it'll all be fine

:P

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

LibraGOLD Member
47 posts

Posted:
Confidence!!!! Girls like guys with confidence! And if you don't have it then fake it until you make it! (-but offcourse there is a fine line between beeing confident and cocky (spl??).. ) I'm sure you have all the reasons in the world to believe in yourself! And. you saying in your post that you can't make a girl smile made me smile -and i'm a girl.. Offcourse you can make a girl smile! Be yourself with a little more confidence is my advice.. am i making any sence? Anyway.. good luck..hug

(and as sym said.. those hobbies of yours are a good start aswell..!)

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Well if she doesn't look very nice, find something else to comment on. Like her personality. If she doesn't have looks or a personality, why are you trying to get involved with her? wink biggrin tongue (and if you say "money" then I think you're missing the point smile)

Really though, just try to be kind, non-arrogant and non-bitchy. Someone will find that attractive... eventually. Don't worry though mate, sometimes it can take years to find a person you feel comfortable with.

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
ditto just be yourself - there is no point in pretending you're someone else... makes you a fake...

and there is something beautiful in EVERYONE... in EVERY ONE... remember!

the hair, the eyes (this is obvious and has been stated 1.000.000 times before) the nose wink (cleopatra) the mouth ... hmmm.... the body... hmmm x2.... the hands (!hm!).... the WAY someone says something (not necessarily what s/o says), the voice, the personality (is always better than the physique), hobbies...

IF you're REALLY interested (don't be fake, jake) ask.. ask.. ask..
Show your interest, find something common! It's not that hard... make it easy as it goes a long way...

and most of all: remember to breathe wink

Good luck and a happy new year smile

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
go stand by a bonfire in the rain with an umbrella smile

well it worked for me ubblove

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Written by: SeventyMiles

girls like guys who can crack jokes and stuff. like i cant even get a girl to smile or n e thing. n e avice?

As a girl, you're right I do find humour high up on my wishlist. However, I also find compassion, kindness, generosity and loyalty high up there too.
I'm sure you have lots of great qualities. Don't be shy when it comes to flirting. It's all a bit of fun, and the worst that can happen is they can say "no thanks", in which case you really havent lost anything. Just go out there and experiment smile good luck fella! hug

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I don't like it when guys compliment me..
"You're so beautiful"

Um..since when?!
Hurrah for low self confidance! ubblol

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
Being a girl - I know what ladies want biggrin

AND IT'S A SECRET!

just kidding. Be confident - knock backs aren't the end of the world - there'll be more fish in the sea.

I actually tutored someone how to do this a few years back, now he's a hit with the ladies!

How to flirt with a stranger
Eye contact - Spot a hotty and stare at her. If she doesn't look, move a wee bit closer. When she spots you, smile and look away. Look back after a few seconds to see if she still see's you. when she's looking, look her up and down and smile. Do the look, smile, look away thing a few times until she smiles back a few times, and there's your signal to go over.
No cheesy pick-up lines! - She will roll her eyes at you - like this rolleyes lol
Be open, honest, indulge in idle conversation. Tell her you saw her and when she smiled at you, her eyes sparkled and you just had to come over to talk to her.

idle chitchat - If you're no good at striking up a conversation, try this. Ask her how she is, and normally she'll ask you in return. when she does, try mentioning your job, for example your boss really wound you up today so you thought you deserve a drink, maybe thow in some sentances about your hobbies as the conversation progresses. Don't throw question after question at her, just steer the conversation onto other subjects. If she's interested, she'll ask some questions too. Try to make her laugh, think of something that makes you laugh, steer the conversation towards it and then say it.

Ogle her a bit! - Pick out something you like about her attire, staying clear of the chest and bum area. Don't compliment her shoes as you may appear gay! and of course you are wanting a girl. Say that the colour she's wearing brings out her eyes, or something that doesn't imply you're out for just bedroom fun.

Buy her a drink.

Body Language - Dont cross your arms! Leaning against something side-on makes you look laid back - but don't do it for the whole night or your arm will go to sleep! Don't invade her personal space unless she invites you (i.e. leaning closer if she cant hear you) even then back off slightly so she wont feel pressurised. Don't look at other girls while talking to her - she'll feel like you're looking for the next best thing. Don't stare at her chest either. wee glances will let her know you've noticed though. Try slight body contact, but nothing more than a slight tap on the hand, wrist or arm as you talk to her, as you say certain words in exclaimation.

Laugh, get close, and smile. If at the end of the night she's still talking to you, say how much you enjoyed chatting to her, and you'd love to do it again. If she agrees, ask if you can call her sometime, maybe arrange to take her out. A drink, then Cinema, then a meal normally works.

Courtesy of 40 minutes of your friendly neighbourhood Tinklepants's time! wink biggrin

Good luck! hug

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
Gilr here 2....

not all girls are uber fussy... yeah we like to be acknowledged as personal goddesses, muses etc...

but I prefer being amused in different ways, I like intelligence and someone that keeps my brain ticking.

Break-dancing is cool and I'm sure u can find someone to go rock-climbing with np.

I find that chat up lines personally never work thats just me.

Is this cos you've been trying to get with people while they have all been 'out on the pull'? I think that s a less rewarding way of finding someone.. very brief.

I'm sure you'll find your way. Dont stick to evryone elses ideals.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Can I add to Tinkles list.

If at the end of the night she declines to give you her phone number, don't look all hurt or make a bitchy comment, just say "Ok that's fair enough, I had a great time talking to you anyway and I hope you had fun too." Smile and walk away. Next time you bump into her she will know that you are someone that isn't pushy and respects other peoples space.

It also stops you looking like a desperate loser. If there is one thing that turns women off more than anything else it's needy men!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
and if all else fails, four barcardi breezers works wonders!

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

jcrsGOLD Member
the floor is a sea of tigers...
404 posts

Posted:
^^ really? I've tried 8 tequila shots + a jug of vodka+redbull.... and it didn't work frown
wait... you ment 4 breezers for the lady.... ah.... that's where I went wrong :P heheh

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
If you want a girlfriend rather than a fling, meeting someone through mutual interests can work better than chatting someone up in a noisy bar or sleazy nightclub. Better foundations for the relationship too! Looks like you have plenty of hobbies to choose from smile

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

Zauberdachsenthusiast
220 posts

Posted:
hey there! You are the guy who had that video in the new moves sections?

Dude! You are built like a brick sh*thouse! You need only come to Scotland and wear a tight t-shirt and then you will be writing the "I can't get these damn Scottish girls to stop feeling me up and demanding sex!" post wink

The insults of your enemy are a tribute to your bravery wink

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
Written by: Zauberdachs

You need only come to Scotland and wear a tight t-shirt and then you will be writing the "I can't get these damn Scottish girls to stop feeling me up and demanding sex!" post wink

ditto
Scotland rocks cool - but he should bring a sweater and an umbrella wink

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Written by: Pigeon_Wigeon

Be yourself smile Or take driving lessons from PyroWill... that had me giggling for hours.. wink ubbangel

Ha Ha so that worked then ubblol wink

This by far has to be my favourite thread at the moment smile

I'm not good at organised posting so I'll try my best at any advice that pops to mind, firstly as a barman I see a LOT of flirting from idiots taht get drunk and try to flirt with girls thinking that they know how a girl works and that getting really drunk or by showing off how 'laddish' they can be that it will make a girl swoon, well yes thats true if the girl is a total slut, but why would you be interested in someone like that.

Secondly a girl whos truly worth it and who cares for you won't care if you are suave and sophistacted, she will care about you for you. You worrying about being funny and things is really unecessary, I get told I am a funny guy and yes girls find funny guys attractive, but guys can try too hard and be too funny which can totally turn someone off, girls want a guy that can be serious aswell rather than a permanent sarcastic guy.

Being funny and interesting is only useful for that first 5 minutes of meeting someone, thats the hardest part, getting that initial interest, after that the need to impress isnt needed as much, find someting you have in common with the person break that initital barrier and then things will be a lot LOT easier.

Do you have anyone in mind?

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

DevilsarmyBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,984 posts

Posted:
well ill tell u wat sum girls like

# we like a cudderly guy and him being himself not sumone else (thats just so annoying)
#has his own style (doesnt follow the crowd i class that as sheepisum)
#a guy who is confident

Actually back on HoP guys ...

Owned By MiG
Owns Fyre and Mods_Stole_My_Name

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
Yes buy yourself an umbrella ubblove

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
Time to add something else to Tinkles list.

Open doors for her and I mean ALL doors. Doors into buildings, car doors ... there's just something about a guy that remembers old fashion courtesies.

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is NOT.
Proud member of the HoP DPS.
Sanity is a highly overrated state of mind.
I'm normal ... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Gidg

LibraGOLD Member
47 posts

Posted:
mmm yes, that's a good one to add to the list! Be little bit of a gentleman!wink

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
But some people accuse me of being condescending when I try and do that... they think that I don't think they can manage...

Try it once and see what their response is, I guess.

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

LibraGOLD Member
47 posts

Posted:
Do they think that you think that they can not manage to open a door???

Ok, mabe the gentlemanthing can be overdone, but i personally think it's charming! smile

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Its overdoing it which can be annoying, girls dont want to feel like the guy feels they are incapable of opening a door, show your polite sure by doing it, but dont like rush ahead all the time to get to the door so as to not inconvenience them, that could annoy them considerably

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I think confidence is one of the biggest things. One of my (guy)friends here sooks and whinges about why he has never had a serious girlfriend and me and my (girl)friend just look at him and say "well that's a *&^%ing start!!!"

So confidence. Definitely a must.

And someone said about what you were after from it. Because yes, if you want a girlfriend, meetung through something is probably better than in a bar. Meet a rockclimbing chick! Go alone, go bouldering, find a girl doing the same thing and ask if she felt like top-rope-ing for a while!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
ah! all crap!

getyaself a ferrari, or porsch and you'lll see that this works best! wink it's a material world... wink

besides: what are you looking for? the same lines certainly "work" not for all the girls... while some will melt when you flash your goldcard, others will feel repelled by it...

besides II: find something very nice and helpful here...
[Old link]

good luck wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

LibraGOLD Member
47 posts

Posted:
I'll repeat myself and a few others.. CONFIDENCE! cool
It makes a guy so much more convincing and interesting if he has CONFIDENCE! And remember noone is perfect and you don't have to be just accept who you are and be proud of who you are.. you are the only person in the world that you can't escape.. you have to live with yourself all your life so loving yourself is a great idea!
.. and one more thing..never ever act desperate when it comes to picking up girls..! wink

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
I agree - desperation is bad - you may end up marrying an ugly.

I did that once, but that is another story biggrin

Page: