Forums > Videos > Ry's Adventures (new vid! 30/04/2006)

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
[updated 30/04/2006]

New addition, a Petey video at moon fest! Enjoy. biggrin

[updated 06/042006]

So a bit overdue- you know how fiddly editing gets- but it's finally live. Had a bit of a spin a few hours ago, spent the whole night awake, and here you have it. Fun with Poi 4! Hope it's watchable. DivX encoded btw- you may have to visit www.divx.com ubbangel

Thanks everyone for your support, crits, randomness, and cruel cruel insults. Well haven't got any cruel cruel insults yet, but mm.. it's so much less shocking when you're waiting for it ubblol

Alrighty. Here we go. Most recent to least All poi, other than the Unfringed piece.. which is all Kyle cool

Bit late, but pineapple pete does a jacket escape at the 1st moonfest of 2006, while .:* Moon Pixie *:. cameos with firefans.

New! pineapple pete jacket escape (.:* Moon Pixie *:. guest appearance) (right click, 'Save Target As' 8.72mb) New! biggrin

A rainy spin in West End, new, and what an all-nighter spits out in the morning. May include a couple of butterfly hyperloops, and one butterfly hyperpoop. ubblol

New! Ry - Fun with Poi v.IV 05/04/2006 (right click, 'Save Target As' 33.5mb) New!

Kyle McLean talks about street performers.. a short doco piece done for a uni unit. Btw, I did something stupid with the aspect ratio when exporting.. perspective may look a bit odd if your player can't change it. Will have to do for now sorry..

Unfringed (right click, 'Save Target As' 41.6mb)

A cruisy burn in the park round the corner- was mainly to test whether fisherman pants are good to spin in- which I discovered they are:

Ry - Fun with Poi v.III 26/11/2005 (right click, 'Save Target As' 34.6mb)

A spaceage carpark adventure with socks- I don't mind the footage myself, but I wish I did this spin on fire not socks.. this was my 6 month milestone biggrin:

Ry - Fun with Socks 11/08/2005 (right click, 'Save Target As')

Where it all began- first video ever, marking 3 months of progress. God it's embarassing. Good music though. ubblol

Ry - Fun with Poi 30/04/2005 (right click, 'Save Target As')

Catch up soon! hug

jcrsGOLD Member
the floor is a sea of tigers...
404 posts

Posted:
Great vids Ry, didn't really realise that you started poi beginning of this year smile I kept on thinking that you've been spinning for more than a year or something

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
Love your spinnin, man. Excellent stuffs. After watchin it again, I still say the wind was affecting your v.III vid :P.

Definition of poi- A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.

Ahnold discussing poi - "It is naht a toober!"

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Joel: Thanks sir! Nah.. started just about the time I joined HoP. Good to have so many wonderful spinners to draw inspiration and learn from these days. Got so much more to learn though.. Like @#$# long arm moves ubblol Glad you enjoyed the vids smile

Sui: Thanks very much. Yeah maybe there was a little, but you know. There might not be any wind for me to blame it on the next time ubblol

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Stands in the corner surrounded by pulled out hair and empty Windows media 9 and divx boxes laughing at me! frown

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Hmm.. you installed the divx codec and it didn't work? It should you know.. frown

jcrsGOLD Member
404 posts

Posted:
latest version of divx? or maybe conflicting codecs?

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
ok I suspect the cause maybe that I'm running a win98 divx codec...

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
hmm, they dont seem to want to download for me, i'll try again later

cheers, pete biggrin

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
a fantastic set of vids, by a fantastic guy! hug

love your spinning, and thanks for teaching me a move or two biggrin

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
It won't download now! smile

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Awww I wanted to see that! But also I could not play it... dowloaded fine, and usually I can play .avi files no worries but this one came up:
QuickTime cannot open the file: "Ry11082005.avi"
an unknown error occurred (-50)
frown frown

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
o yeah.. oops. i downloaded it, then go the codecs, watched it, and forgot to post an opinion biggrin

wow ry, your spinning is so graceful and natural. i loved it, from start to end. i also picked up a few things, and have a few new things to practice.

cheers, pete hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
It wont let me download this one

Written by:

Where it all began- first video ever, marking 3 months of progress. God it's embarassing. Good music though.
Ry - Fun with Poi 30/04/2005 (right click, 'Save Target As')

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
woo, just taking another look, i saw a little bit of under the leg work :P

later today, i might make a short video of all my tricky under the leg stuff :P im gona have u doing that backwards walking thing soon enough *mwuahhahaha*

cheers, pete hug

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Hi people! Sorry the hosting's a bit iffy. Spymac's been a bit on and off at the moment.. but you know. Free services.. shrug A bit of an inconvenience I know, but it's usually just temporary downtime in most cases.

Gabe: I think it may help playing it on Windows Media Player instead of QT?

Lou: Thanks miss.. you flatter me hug And you're always welcome you know wink Hardly feels like enough exchanging a few measly poi tricks for your alto sax secrets biggrin

Petey: Mmm.. was inspired by your under the leg stuff actually.. but mm.. I know I've got problems keeping my planes while doing leg stuff. Can't wait to see your vid! hug

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
hmm, keeping planes. tis a new and foreign concept to me, i may have to give this a try :P

cheers, pete hug

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Maybe I'm trying to keep planes just because if I don't, it means there are just a gazillion more things to learn ubblol

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
New addition to the collection! A day in the life of our very own Kyle McLean biggrin

PyroMonkeyGOLD Member
b...bal...lence?....
370 posts

Posted:
Very cool. Just watched Unfringed, makes me wanna move house tongue

Love all ure vids dude and ure photos, all very professionally done.

Hat's off to you my friend!!
bounce2 bounce clap wow

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
fiscal desperados! ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
grat new vid loved it
thanks

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

jcrsGOLD Member
404 posts

Posted:
interesting vid & a good watch.
oh btw, there's some evil, evil interlacing though the video... nothing that'll be terribly hard to fix methinks

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
I loved them .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

ZeroGSILVER Member
Friendly Fire Fiddler
103 posts

Posted:
Great stuff ...

Holy cow, 6 months in and you're doing btb stuff so fluid you must be born again spinner ... Great location that spacy carpark (1108)

Thanks for sharing ...

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Thanks everyone for being so generous with the compliments!

PS. Pyro, yes, please move house! biggrin ZeroG, the btb stuff wasn't all that fluid really! Had a reverse btb to forward btb go wrong twice- and both back to back (no pun intended). Was a bit demoralising at the time ubblol

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
A rainy spin in West End, new, and what an all-nighter spits out in the morning. May include a couple of butterfly hyperloops, and one butterfly hyperpoop. ubblol
New! Ry - Fun with Poi v.IV 05/04/2006 (right click, 'Save Target As' 33.5mb) New!

biggrin

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
i always love watching you spin ry, and this vid was no exception.

you'll have to give me some tips... at, say, your place biggrin

cheers, pete hug

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Thanks muchly Petey! Tips? I don't think I've got enough poi to exchange for your magic tricks.. ubblol

But mm.. soon as you get round here! biggrin

BaccoryBRONZE Member
126 posts

Posted:
...i have so much to learn master Ry...those video's are so gorgeous...i can't believe we've been doing poi for about the same time...its shocking (and a little unnerving) how fast you learn stuff...

Hehehe speaking of which one of the ppl from skating was talking to we were talking in the kitchen on the subject of poi and she was like
"Yeh its just like him to try something and then get so amazingly good at it"
at this point i think Craig walked in from the lounge and and said
"Are we talking about Ryan?"

I just thought that was funny...

Absolutely stunning...

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Thanks Brian! Glad you enjoyed it. biggrin

See, unlike you, I'm not split between contact staff and poi tongue I need to diversify.. ubblol

The good gossip's ok.. I want to know what bad stuff they said about me though! wink

Page: