Forums > Videos > play festival - request for help

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
steve dbBRONZE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
for those of you that don't know yet, dunc has organised an object manipulation festival called play (www.playfestival.co.uk), which is taking place at shrewsbury showground on 19 to 21 august.

this year it's wonderfully cheap because it's being run back to back with the vw festival. however, it would be great if next year it could be a stand alone entity while still having foolishly cheap ticket prices. so we are making a dvd of this event to raise money for next year's play. yay.

now, while we already have some people filming we can't be everywhere at once, so we're going to need help from all you lovely, lovely people.

hug smile hug2 pleeeeeease hug2 smile hug

it would be fantastic if people would consider sending us their raw footage so we can put it all together into one big dvd. photos would also be greatly appreciated so we can combine them with the footage, and perhaps include some sort of slideshow on the dvd. mech is the official play stills photographer, so if you want your photograph taken then go see him. but lots more photos will be needed as well.

if people have interesting tricks or routines or anything else they think could work on the dvd then come along and ask to be filmed. we'll be wondering around all weekend with cameras, filming madly, so please accost us and demand our attention. it's not just spinning either - anything goes as long as it's worth watching (and i mean anything, from being able to balance a glass on your ass to having four nipples biggrin).

would be nice to have a random interview type section. could go round asking people whether they're enjoying the festival, that sort of thing. i'd quite like to have some bits where you've got someone spinning with an audio track (recorded separately and played over the top of the spinning) of the person saying a few things about themselves (name, how long they've been spinning, what inspires them, etc). could also have a written section of humorous quotes from the weekend.

we want to try and put everything on the dvd: the shows, the workshops, random people doing random things and everyone having a good time. if anyone has any ideas for other things to put on the dvd then all suggestions are welcome.

my address to send footage/pictures to is:

2bags

38 livingstone road

southampton

so14 6wn

or email to:

dunc@playfestival.co.uk

but i'll be suspicious if you send me anything in the post now as play isn't for another three weeks. any help is hugely appreciated and shall be rewarded with a large hug hug (one hug per person, no purchase necessary, terms and conditions apply).

hug2 cheers hug2

EDITED_BY: 2bags (1125490554)

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Written by: mcp

..................... whereas soton is just weird.

welcome to my world biggrin

As for liftage - we will get you from bristol to soton........

flightf go from southampton airport direct to ed - under 20squid if you fly back on the wednesday after :

check out here

Ill be working sadley during day, but 2bags will entertain, and we will take you to bournemouth spin too on the tuesday night.......... smile

Shame you cant hang around though - its my birthday on the 28th biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
that's a plan then. Check you're pm's.

La la la! I'm having another extended holiday! Wooooooo!

and I'm only taking two pairs of trousers! Wooooooo!

if I stay for your party though, that will be an extra three days really, when you consider the recovery period...

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Meg there is no specific party........... as for recovery period........ ive got the rest of this year havnt i wink

To be honest i have no idea what im doing for that yet rolleyes

may just ignore it wink

Either way your welcome for as long as you want......... do you want sofabed or hammock?

Tea or coffe..............

Ill get Chico to sort out screen one as well one evening, any films you really like that you want to watch in our cinema - we have most smile

**remembers this is play thread**

oops, so erm.......... yeh come down to annalise that footage meg wink

ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Oh I don't know, hammocks are good. Cos then you don't get in the way soooo much.

I don't drink tea or coffee. Or hot chocolate. Or anything hot in fact. So just water please!

You have a cinema! I swear! That's immense! I'll bring down my random collection of manipulation DVD's. Do you have col 5?

Well, I will try and get you a present. It might be homemade though. And crap. Maybe.

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Wow................. you sound like an easy guest to have meg........ so water it is... i may even throw in a slice of bread and a small bowl of porridge..........

Im going to start work on the kitchen now so that it looks like yours - just to make you feel at home wink

ubblol

Cinema - 5.1 surround DTS feckin huge screen (projector) carefully gaurded and owned by my cousin who works the door........ ill have to sweeeet talk him for exclusive "free" use wink

Oject manipulation dvds - that could be a problem, hes a sci fi / action "if it moves, kill it with a spaceship" type man, uncut directors edition of most hardass films, some may say hes a little over the top as far as collecting goes - ie. he has two wardrobes and his clothes get stored under the bed ubblol

smile

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"Im going to start work on the kitchen now so that it looks like yours - just to make you feel at home" ubblol ubblol ubblol

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
They were just so you could watch them.

WooooooW! A sci fi nut like me, I can't wait. Tell him to download an illegal copy of the firefly movie... Hmmmmm firefly....

I don't like porridge. I like chocolate with my water. I don't think my dentist does, but she never said anything about what I eat, just that I can only drink water... tongue

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:

They were just so you could watch them.

sweet, bring them anyway.........

you dont have any good juggling or poi spinning books / dvds, im finding it really hard to get any insperation or ideas of late, no one round these parts are any good wink

*firefly - downloading now**
EDITED_BY: strugz (1126092446)

steve dbBRONZE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
yay. the best staff spinner in the country is going to visit us! mcp rocks. i'll have to introduce you to llonen: he's the best staff spinner in southampton (he's been giving strugz lessons for the last few weeks). llonen isn't as good as you, but i'm sure you'll still like to meet him.

be nice if you could show strugz a few tricks. he doesn't seem to have learnt anything in the past few months. his spinning's becoming really stagnant.

anyways, thanks for the footage. there's some nice shots of mags (and mags has told me off before for not including shots of him spinning so he'll be happy) and quite a good shot of the pyroflow renegade act.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"his spinning's becoming really stagnant."

Strugz has always stinked!

biggrin

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
yeah, 4 meg..

im jobless as of the 30th so thats cool!

will be good to see u!

passing through, this world still lives.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblol

(leanrt anything........... me.......... na......)

ubbloco

i cant wait for my next lesson wink

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
WTF?

This thread just went off on a tangent. I'm really not very good at staff yet. Once I can get properly practising again, I might get a bit better.

Plus two bags: Don't talk [censored] about strugz! He's real good!

Plus I just injured myself and can't practise things that require bendiness... poooo. I was hopeing to get continous matrixes down...

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:

Plus two bags: Don't talk censored about strugz! He's real good!

Yeh 2bags.............. you tell him Meg ubblol

One thing you will realise hanging with us for a while Meg is that the sarcasm bonds us wink

Continous matrixes eek - i can do continuous half matrixes, does that count ubblol

**mumbles summit about crappy left side**

Oh yeh all my footage of Play has been catlouged, i have some awsomw show tapes - workshoppy stuff has yet to be watched in its entiraty........

Still waiting for Dunc to send down 4 dv tapes too.........

Plans are working, although 2bags may not agree with me......... as he rarely does wink

*/end attempt to get thread back on track cool

steve dbBRONZE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
strugz: i agree with everything you say as long as i said it first.

mcp: well, if you're going to tell me off then i retract my "best staff spinner in the country" statement and aim it back it strugz where i usually direct it. though llonen's not going to be very happy.

er ... play ... footage ... etc.

Miranda (mewcat)BRONZE Member
queen of all the hipsters
150 posts

Posted:
I wanna see 2bag's video (and not just so I can check my breasts aren't in it...). Yay Play-y goodness!

to live at all is miracle enough

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I'm not the best staff spinner in the country. I could make a long list of people who are better than me. And it would be a very long list with the final entry being: "People I don't know and haven't met but are better than me."

Quite simple really.

Everybody else has been doing it longer than me... poooooo. Apart from nate and lavatwilight, who as far as I can tell, are:

1) a lot shorter than me.
2) Not adults, or at least, very far away.
3) mostly the same person.

I never saw them in the same room together... did you?

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
i can vouch for that i was stuck in a hoop with them for a good few hours, tho they have both been spinning longer than me and are both far better than me

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
cos im shot, whens meg goingto soston to visit?

Step (el-nombrie)

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Was that a sentence mech? Or just an ambitious sneeze?

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblol

steve dbBRONZE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
i'll second that: ubblol

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
Lol..

mech... whats this i hear u might be moving to soton?

passing through, this world still lives.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
ill be moving to soton in either of three options!

in two weeks,

in 6 months,

or in 1yr!

now all of these are really not enough time to ready yourselves for my arrival.

so yeah, ill be in soton (or surrounding area) near you soon smile

so back to the question - whens mg coming to visit?

and stop laughing at me!

Step (el-nombrie)

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
**stops laughing at mech**

around the 26th - 28th september dude...........

**carries on laughing**

wink

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
maybe ill come down to soton and visit sophie then?

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I come into the vid forum....see 66 new posts in the vid thread....you bunch of bloody gossipers! rolleyes hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
biggrinbump biggrin

any idea of relese date???

oh and any chance of my vid back ubbangel

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

LavatwilightGOLD Member
old hand
834 posts

Posted:

Everybody else has been doing it longer than me... poooooo. Apart from nate and lavatwilight, who as far as I can tell, are:

1) a lot shorter than me.
2) Not adults, or at least, very far away.
3) mostly the same person.

I never saw them in the same room together... did you?

meg you saw us bothtgeather at play, im sure of it, and nates, shorter than i am, and also quite a lot better, so, theres lots of differance!!!! rolleyes

Drawings by chalk minds, strech between the stars

Kyle Mclean-
Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
AFIK it should be coming soon....

I don't know about the vids, but I'm sure they'll be coming back to you before it's out.

hug

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

Page: