TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
what's the worst bug you've ever caught? Or the affects of you having eaten something dodgy?

I woke up on Christmas Day with Chicken pox.
Yeah Merry F******g Christmas to you to Santa!

I was gonna write a story about the christmas 2 years previous to that, involving a huge bag of dry roasted peanuts, an all in one pyjama suit and a rumbly tummy but i don't think i should go there...

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
glandular fever and tonsil itis at the same time. I didn't eat or drink for 5 days. Lost 10 kilos in 7 days.
The pain in my throat was that bad i couldn't even swallow saliva. I think the stupidest thing though, is that the tablets they give you for both problems are HUGE!!!
i have the flu at the monment, it sucks.

Do we sleep when we die?

HeadSwimGOLD Member
...curiously lost
580 posts

Posted:
Glandular fever for sure!!

Oh and I don't reccomend gastro enteritis (however you spell it). 3 days and nights of firing from both ends everytime you sip water and getting acid burns in your throat and behind......nasty frown

Nothing is easy.......until you can do it! biggrin

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
anything that makes me puke...when i puke i puke so hard i split something in my throat and throw up blood! hurrah! the best thing is, i forget about this whilst i'm throwing up (having more pressing concerns like aiming) so when i see blood i always have five seconds of 'oh [censored] i'm going to die' before i remember...
its fun cool

Sir Nuggit....is a liability
899 posts

Posted:
In order of appearance:

Age 8 Cicken Pox
11 Burnt hand doing the Lighted Lynx Effect trick
12 I had an ulcer (Endoscopy, laproscopy)
12 Smoke inhalation
12 Fractured skull from a scaffold clip falling on it
14 Broken fingers
15 Broken toe
16 Pancreatitis
16 Fluid in the lungs (boating accident)
17 Spinal abscess (1 month month in two hospitals, 2 operations, 1 lumbar puncture)
20 Pneumonia (1 month hospitalisation in Cambridge)
22 Testicular torsion (operated on)
24 Alcohol poisoning
25 Facial trauma due to mugging
25 Testicular torsion (1 in 100,000,000 having it twice! Operated on)
25 Fractured skull from Kevlar helmet

Have yet to catch Mumps or measles (great) or break any major bones. Haven't really been to the doctors at all this year which is a first WOHOO.

Pull my pin out, roll me in to a room and see what happens ubbloco

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
nuggit- you're an insurance nightmare!!!!

I had mumps at two,
german measles at 7,
glandular fever at twelve,
chicken pox at thirteen,
various colds n flu n tummy bugs,
had a nasty cut on my hand that needed to be operated on at 19.
But I've never been stung by a wasp or bee and i've never broken a bone in my life!

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
I'm ill now frown I have a crappy summer head cold. I cannot breath, it feels like my tonsils are made of wire wool and everytime i swallow its like swallowing a bag of gravel.

I managed to get chicken pox and measles twice when i was a kid, even though you are supposed to get it once and then you're imune. the chicken pox lasted 2 weeks each time. It was so horrible

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
been in hospital for the last 3 christmas's running sith fractured skull

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

DarthMeauxThe artist formerly known as Phae'xorl.
145 posts
Location: South-East Ohio (the foothills of the Appalacian M...

Posted:
I too have had chicken pox twice...it sucked both times too...The absolute worst thing I've ever had though would without a doubt, be DYSENTERY.... That was truly horrible...'How does one get dysentery in this day and age?' I am sure some of you are aking yourself that question eh? Well I was at a friends house and we were playing music...At the time I was very much into punk rock and had been screaming into a microphone for a couple of hours. Very thirsty, I made my way into his kitchen, downed 2 glasses of water, refilled then went back to his basement..."Oh, don't drink the water from the sink," he says. I asked why, and he told me that it was a cistern and the water was (and I quote) NASTY...Oh yeah, it most definately was nasty!!! Three days later I went to the hospital................Y'know, I am gonna end this now to spare you all the nasty, bloody, foul smelling details. redface

"...heaven is ordering a six piece chicken nugget and getting seven...and a switchblade."

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
A viral gastroenteritis that had me vomiting and...um...diarreahing...so badly that I required two liters of normal saline IV to get sorted right...

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
Eeeewwww I'm surrounded by germs... get them away!