jarofgreenmember
26 posts

Posted:
Anyone up for starting some kind of regular event here? Probaly not allowed actual fire there, but its a nice place right in the center of town and next to a couple of nice pubs to. It would be a decent place to start something....

EDIT: changed title to something more descriptive of what this thread has become

EDITED_BY: jarofgreen (1123195105)

Jurassic Mikestranger
11 posts

Posted:
Hey there, someone from Reading. Only just picked up the poi after quite a while, and really want to get into it this summer. There's about four of us that used to spin very occasionally at a park in Caversham last year, but if there's a few people we could easily change location. We range from beginner to intermediate, although not all of us are poi, one guy's a beginner staffer and we are really looking for more people to spin with.

Anybody else shown interest?

jarofgreenmember
26 posts

Posted:
Nope, no other intrest I'm afraid. But if things are going on that would be cool, however small.

I'm also a beginner, and I suspect one who won't get much better but Its intresting and fun ...

Jurassic Mikestranger
11 posts

Posted:
I've PM'd you.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Im interested in a Reading meet, you shouldnt make it tooe gular though cos there are a lot fo similar meet shtat go on akinda the the same area, the Guidlford, Oxford adn Spitz meet, so maybe once a month try and orgnaise a big mofo of a meet?

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
I can get to reading i guess.... what dates u got planned? xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

jarofgreenmember
26 posts

Posted:
Hey, lots of people ... Cool :-)

Anyway, sorry for not replying, I've suddenly got a very busy life moving house (still in Reading), going to the G8 and organising a photo exhibition (Reading Library, 18th-23rd July, Blatant Plug, Blatant Plug :-P)

If someone else want to organise something feel free, otherwise I'll have a go in a couple of weeks when I have spare time again ...

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
oooo have u got a link to more info on the exhibition - im interested. xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

jarofgreenmember
26 posts

Posted:
Nope, nothing online I'm afraid ... pop by and have a look I guess :-p

I'll maybe try to sort something out and PM you nearer the time.

jarofgreenmember
26 posts

Posted:
Well, I've moved house, managed not to get arrested at the G8 and put on a photo exhibition .... what have you been up to? :-p

So, people still up for this? How about Thursday 4th August, say 7pm - Could people make that?

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
There is a very small possibility i could get to this. xxx

Jurassic Mikestranger
11 posts

Posted:
Hey there, me and a few friends should be making this as well. Not sure how many yet, but at least three.

Do they have any fire laws and the such in the Forbury?

jarofgreenmember
26 posts

Posted:
Cool. I guess they do have fire laws there, if people wanted we could move down to the Thames riverside. I don't know about fire laws there, but people were fire spinning there during Womad and noone stopped them.

Josie-PosieBRONZE Member
82 posts

Posted:
I have a friend who works in reading and is just starting poi at the moment. She is on holiday this week, but i'll pass this on to her (she's not on HOP - shock horror!) and if you do it again maybe she would want to go. Will you make it weekly, bi-weekly or monthly?

jarofgreenmember
26 posts

Posted:
Haven't got a clue, we'll see who turns up and what happens. I'll let people know here. See folk tommorow!

lycheemanSILVER Member
stranger
5 posts

Posted:
I can't make tonight (only just seen the thread) But I think some of us are meeting by the river tomorrow night (friday) if anyone fancys coming down. we normally meet at suttons buisness park at the bottom of the A329M in Reading. I'll post again when i know for definate that's where we're meeting (normally a mixture of staff, poi and devil stick go down there)

jarofgreenmember
26 posts

Posted:
Hey, people turned up! And we had poi, devil-stick, diablo, a kick around with a knapsck, fire and a curry afterwards. I even tried real fire for the first time ever! WooHoo!

We said we'd meet up tuesday week (16th) down by the river, so anyone whos around then watch this space for details. Until then, anyone who wants to contact me for any reason, my email address is in my profile.

And hey, I may be around tommorow to, so do post here ...

(Have also changed the title of this thread so now it's a general "things happening in Reading" thread ...)
EDITED_BY: jarofgreen (1123196364)

gingerboyBRONZE Member
2 posts

Posted:
hello people.

just a last minute note to say that me and some pals will be in reading town centre tonight showing off our tricks. we're promoting a club here so, if you want to come and check us out/ give us sopport, we should be doing a circuit of the main streets between about 8.30 and 11.30. There will be 3 of us doing fire poi/staff and devil sticks, and some folk handing out flyers.

enjoy the weekend! weavesmiley

jarofgreenmember
26 posts

Posted:
If anyone is going to be around this evening, 7 at Forbury Gardens? Let me know if your going to be there.

ndtalGOLD Member
1 post

Posted:
Hi there,

I'm new to the forum. I'm not too far from Reading, and spotted this thread. It would be good to meet up if you keep these meetings going.. Hope you got together on 16th on had fun!

Just wanted to say hi really... Bye for now... wink

jarofgreenmember
26 posts

Posted:
Hello ndtal, sorry I missed your message somehow ...

But if people are around on the evening of Wednesday 28th, things are being planned ... PM me or post here. I'm about to go on holiday so won't reply for a bit.

Talk to people later!

Luminusnewbie
17 posts

Posted:
i'm in... just let me know where and what time..! cant wait to meet some fellow poi spinners in this area!

bounce weavesmiley bounce weavesmiley bounce weavesmiley bounce weavesmiley bounce weavesmiley bounce weavesmiley bounce weavesmiley bounce weavesmiley bounce weavesmiley bounce weavesmiley bounce weavesmiley bounce weavesmiley

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm.... my school is mucho close to reading....

When are the meets? Weekends?

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Luminusnewbie
17 posts

Posted:
im new to the reading scene too but exchanged a few emails with jarofgreen.. im not sure where the meet is going to be exactly.. but i think somewhere around london road.. and the next one is on the 28th i beleive....? (which is a weds by the way)

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Any of you guys go see reel big fish at the hexagon last night? xxx

jarofgreenmember
26 posts

Posted:
OK, just got back from holiday, was great, about to rush of to audition but tommorrow, meet 8 in front of the turk pub on London Road?

I'm pretty sure we can have actual fire here, but I don't have any fire saftey stuff so if you want to spin fire bring your own.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
hey there, I'm in Newbury, only just saw this thread. I'll meet you guys and gals in Reading biggrin

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Hi, I'm considering doing a course in reading next year, is there much happening on the poi front? (one of my main criteria for where I go!)

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson