Forums > Social Chat > Fire Friendly Site DB?

Login/Join to Participate

SterlingspiderBRONZE Member
Senator by day, Sith Lord by night.
128 posts

Posted:
I did a search and didn't see anything quite of this nature, so I'm wondering what people think about the idea of starting a DB specifically of fire friendly places, (more for greets and practices, as performances are a whole other ball of wax with different considerations) that could eventually be broken down by area like the people search.

I think it'd be a great resource for travellers and newbies (like myself) who have no familiarity in how their local police are going to react to a bit of friendly fwirling.

As a side note, what's the best way of getting a hold of local fire codes without spending 15 hours in my local library? Google has given me less then bupkis on this one and cops in my area can be notoriously hard*ss.

"If the human brain were simple enough for us to understand, we would be too simple to understand it"
-Emerson M Pugh

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
good idea, though it's always hell getting people to register with the DB - jugglers seem to have done it pretty well, though

were you thinking of starting one for us yourself, or where/whom would you like to do it?

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

SterlingspiderBRONZE Member
Senator by day, Sith Lord by night.
128 posts

Posted:
I am seriously thinking about doing it myself, but I have niether the cash or the coding skills to do it the right way and I'm not entirely sure how to start (tho I should be around the right people to ask tonight). I see no reason it shouldn't be at least linked to this site. I am fairly good at organising disgustingly huge amounts of data, but honestly the idea of categorizing and entering cascades of email saying "I like to spin in my local park X" is a bit beyond even me. Somthing like the "meet others" form is what I'm envisioning.

"If the human brain were simple enough for us to understand, we would be too simple to understand it"
-Emerson M Pugh

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
It's sort of what I had in mind for my "international fire twirlers resource thread" but only a hand full of people responded...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I was thinking about adding a reply to your thread NYC, but then I thought 'How do I describe how to get to the only place in Wycombe that sells paraffin, and why would anyone want to visit Wycombe anyway?'

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
SavorySimian,

it makes sense when you have "how to get fuels" all over the world, thus say a major atlas map company (don't know what global brand to use as an example), whereas just Wycombe would indeed be slight. but because it's a global listing, more people will go there and find Wycombe as well.

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Yeah, there's that too - there didn't really seem to be much point in my posting really

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

FlameDamemember
30 posts

Posted:
I think an International database of all sorts of supply stores and stuff is a great idea. I would like to help if anyone else gets it started. I have no diea of coding or anything like that but if there is something anything I am capable of doing I would love too.

I believe in freedom, love, truth, and beauty.