Page: ......
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Hey up, looks like this could turn into a little party . . . ME and Ross where chatting about it last night and think both decided to take friday/ fri afternoon off so the fun can start as soon as you arrive dunc . . . also sounds like Non and Becci will be about too . . . take the afternoon off skully and come join us . . .

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I might not be able to make this..... I can't say why yet but I'll know one way or the other on Monday (fingers crossed).

Its about 50 mins one way dunc from my work to the centre of Cardiff by car, 1 and 3/4 hours by public transport.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
eek

*mumbles about 38yo people neding to learn how to drive *

Cool Matt, I think that's an awesome idea of the highest order! And I'm only there till midday saturday so is a good way to make the most of me wink Oh and my mate Rob is coming too. He spins a little and juggles quite a bit too.

Let's relight this forum ubblove

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Dunc I will be there if I can..... don't be mad at me. There will be a very good reason if I can't. I'll let you all know on Monday night.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
ok, well I'll keep my fingers and all other things crossed so that you'll be there XX

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
After careful consideration (not to mention my best attempts at blagging it) I'm not gonna be able to get up to this one after all! sorry guys! Hope you all have a blast!

hug

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

1,643 posts

Posted:
oooh is something happening on friday arvo then?? for sure? anyone want to suggest a time and place?

hopefully becci will come as we are meant to be going to see the levellers night before, but my phone's been nicked so i haven't spoken to her, also that's why i'm going to try and drag the precise rendezvous point out of you asap biggrin

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Hey Non . . had a message or two from Becci . . . if all goes to plan I will be seeing you at the levellers gig . . Becci was trying to get me a ticket . . . So I will let you know the precise details on thurs . . or at least make sure that becci knows the details . . . Have PM'd you her number just in case you haven't got it written down anywhere . . . See you then ...
Bring on Friday . . .Yippeeee

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
ok where shall we meet on Friday? We could always go with Coopers Field again by the stone circle if that's easy for everyone? Then we can play in peace and move on if it's crappy weather or we think of somewhere else interesting to go?

That ok? Any other ideas? smile

1,643 posts

Posted:
yay!! coopers field sounds good... although did you guys also have to climb over the gate to leave last time?
all part of the fun of course biggrin

so are folk going to be there from the afternoon or when?

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I think the afternoon is good. I'll be at Ross's from around 3ish onwards and he doesn't live very far away.

Shall we set a time guys?

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
I have decided to take the day off so I am free whenever . . . all day in the park sounds good . . . I can also sort out munchies if people want

Lets say 3.30 pm . . . but if people want to make it earlier than that is fine by me too . . .

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
I don't think I'm going to be able to make it unless I come after work. If I can come I'll call you to find out where you are. I probably won't make it until after 7 pm.....will it be worth me coming then?

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
how far is the neasest ferry port to you guys?

Love is the law.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I think it's certainly worth you coming hon! And I'll even let you have my bed at Ross's house and sleep on the floor if it means you can stay late and make the evening worthwile.

Sorry Ado I have no idea where the nearest port is.....Do you know Skully?

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
I think the nearest and easiest for you would be swansea I believe, you should be able to get a direct ferry from cork . . .

Yeah everyone come to cardiff for friday . . .Yeah bounce2

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
YEAH! bounce

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
nein

im going to uberstaff

suckers

ubblol

Love is the law.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
But uber staff is NEXT weekend, Cardiff is THIS weekend! I'm going to both and so is Strugz and thus so so should you biggrin

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
**walks in - point finger at Ado-p**

What he said ubbloco

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
I tought ye were makingplans [for] next weekend? guees i should of read the bloody thread.

ah well. im not coming anyway

we have a gig in limerick and im going to go hit on a cute acrobat.

damn, i hate work. very bad day. very very bad day. grrrrr

wish i was in wales

EDITED_BY: ado-p (1112709219)

Love is the law.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
That sucks man.

Hope your day picks up, if its any consolation my day is just as bad, no sleep for long time.......... and people want me to pay them for work!

can you believe the cheak of them wink

oh and i wish i was in wales too biggrin

Till Uberstaff it is then hug

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Watched the weather this morning and they said there'll be a cold snap from tomrrow and over the weekend. So I've checked the met-office website and they say cold but no rain so we may need to wrap up warm while we're out and about.

That means no tutu at the weekend skully! wink

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Im looking forward to it already - apparently it will take me 2.5hrs to get there - allowing for bloody traffic and finishing work when the rest of the country does i will be arriving at the place of Rossco around 7-8ish wink

ubbrollsmile

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
I was out spinning fire last night in the 'diff and may have convinced some drummers to come down to the park on friday . . , but will see . . was quite drunk . . .

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Cool! When we were there on Grand Slam day there were some bongo drummers there, made it all lovely and nice ubblove

1,643 posts

Posted:
woo yeah! friday!! 3.30 is good for me. i might have to shoot off at 7 for two hours but if there's folks coming down later i will most certainly return for more firey fun later in't evening....

skully please come preeetttyy please, i'll buy you chocolate if that helps to swing it biggrin

littlespacebugBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
i'd really like to meet some people in cardiff who know what theyre doing with poi so they can teach me??? redface

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
forget about wales then

come to ireland

biggrin

Love is the law.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
hahahaha is that Ado-p the avid staffer pretending he does poi again wink

ubblol

Page: ......