Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Kinky biatch... wink

Thanks for the advice about Exposureworld. Despite being accepted I'm not sure if I will be working with them. Mostly due to not feeling I'm performance material JUST yet.

P.S> Is this you?

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

Kinky biatch... wink

Hey!! I resemble that remark!!

Written by: Neon_Shaolin

P.S> Is this you?

Erm... yup... And what of it?

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Just making sure it's the same guy! tongue

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

336 posts

Posted:
Ah, righty ho then...

..Now, "Star Trek 2: Wrath of Khan" to "Star Wars 2: Attack of the clones"

..Oh, b*gger! Wrong thread...

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
'Star Trek 2: Wrath of Khan' has William Shatner who was in

'National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon 1' with Samuel L Jackson who was in

'Star Wars Episode 2: Attack of the clones'

tongue

Dropbearnewbie
1 post

Posted:
Hi everyone! We bumped into a couple of fire spinners on Tuesday night in Manchester who showed us a few moves - it seems like fun! (Although the creepy drunk bloke was a bit worrying with the fire poi! lol)

Will have to have another go sometime!

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Fri or Sat is a good idea biggrin
I'm easy

No wait, I'm ambivalent biggrin onFri/Sat ,14th/21st

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

curlywurlynewbie
19 posts

Posted:
21st july for next meet would suit me.

liz

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I'm pretty relaxed regards to days meets are on. ALthough I may be taking a night job starting on monday, which could affect my availability.

Dave, When is the date for the next Monster Monster? Their web page is down and their myspazz says its on the 15th July. As you do their flyers I thought you might have some idea. Cheers hug

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

tony830Member
58 posts

Posted:
jsut foudn this on my pc, its seye chris and myself ! from that manchester putdoor party thing !

https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v308/tony830/?action=view¤t=mememem_1.flv

tone xx

FractosDirty Fire Project
133 posts

Posted:
 Written by: tony830

jsut foudn this on my pc, its seye chris and myself ! from that manchester putdoor party thing !

tone xx

hehehe smile mint biggrin

oOo
You see, you already know circle-theory,
you just don't *know* that you know.

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:

tone xx

Looking back at that now its a bit redface

Who the hell filmed that anyway?

tony830Member
58 posts

Posted:
i have no idea who filmed this, but we had to do it to a COVER of a GREENDAY song. not the most inspiring music to spin too !

thats my excuse ! still, worth the £50 !

Hope everyone is ok, i cant wait to go back to manchester. Is matts circus still going on? i cant wait to check that out.

tone xxxxxx

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Cantus

Written by: Brit_Joe

Do people actually do things for farthers day?

Holly just wrote it not 3 posts earlier eek How did you still spell it wrong? rolleyes

Cantus cantus cantus, if you do not know by now that I will never learn how to spell properlly....where have you been all these years? eek, and yet after all that, still no answer to my question!

Yes this is the first time ive logged in since posting that, so, hence the late reply. God I havnt been to a po meet in so long, do you think there will be another beofre play?

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:

Hope everyone is ok, i cant wait to go back to manchester. Is matts circus still going on? i cant wait to check that out.

tone xxxxxx

SIDEWIND CIRCUS

You are in the top friends list already dude.

And yes. As far as I know we still are a circus company. (I may be wrong - I quite often am) confused

x_non_xmember
61 posts

Posted:
hmm looks like I won't be able to come to the next meet if it's a Saturday, my 18th is on the wednesday between the 2 so i'm doing something for it on both saturdays ^_^ ah well

curlywurlynewbie
19 posts

Posted:
I'm confused. Can anyone tell me when the next meet up is on? 14th July? 21st? Help! I don't wanna miss it!!

liz x ubbloco juggle

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
It hasn't been decided yet. If anyone wants to take that plunge, they are more than welcome to do so, though. smile

Owner of Clarence_Quack

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Aw hell, week before Play?

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

curlywurlynewbie
19 posts

Posted:
Is there any particular rule that says it has to be on sundays? If not, how about saturday 21st - Play warm up?

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Dave was actually after a saturday so that our hippy who is trippy cannot make sunday meets anymore.

Owner of Clarence_Quack

336 posts

Posted:
It's like herding cats, innit? One simple decision between two dates and just look at the faffing!!

Right, I (in all my only-ever-turned-up-once-ness) am going to say 21st so that it doesn't clash with the third British whip convention and then I can get to both. 'Kay?

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
OK with me - Saturday 21st it is then clap

Spread the word!

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
21st 21st 21st smile

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

StormdamageSILVER Member
4 posts

Posted:
21st - but where? Forgive me if it's obvious, but I can't be arsed to go traipsing through pages of posts...

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
The location is here ***CLICK***
Except cross the road and we're under the railway bridge from about 3-4pm onwards.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Yay saturday meet, I like those, more trains. We meet in a horrible grotty broken glass, condom infested place called the gasworks storm. For some reason people seem fond of it :P

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Ignore Joe, the Gasworks is a great place to spin - lots of open grass, places to sit other than the floor, keep out of the rain & still spin, convenient and (generally) hassle-free (just hope Plod doesn't come back for a second look frown umm

Come along, Stormdamage, you'll be very welcome ubbrollsmile

Euonymous Europeus

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I'll come down on the 21st. It will be after work though so I'll probably arrive at about 6 o'clock.

x_non_xmember
61 posts

Posted:
dependant on whether my blackpool trip is still on or not I may come :]

but wow gasworks on a Saturday..... that's brave...

the emos will still be on there drinking at that time =/