Forums > Social Chat > Where was your most satisfying solo spin?

Login/Join to Participate

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
Often times I find myself going out to spin, or spin fire on my own, having a bunch of mates of which many aren't into poi despite my best efforts, and those which are think i'm insane for using fire (i'll hook 'em yet- they'll see ubbloco mwahahaha!) Anyways where was your best solo spin: I mean one without people watching or anything, just you and the poi for the hell of it? Mine was in Central London, coming up to 1am, in front of a large plate glass cinema front so's I could watch the fire. Just listened to the flames and tranced out.

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

evolsoulxjourneyman
60 posts

Posted:
My best solo spin was with 2 brand new glowsticks, outside on my driveway at around midnight, spinning to Scooter. Mmmmm.

BOMBS TERRORIST AIRPORT AIRPLANE HOSTAGE ALLAH JIHAD SUICIDE BOMB HIJACK

have you tested the patriot act recently?

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
On a dark summer night on a beautiful West Australian beach. It was deserted and I had the whole beach to myself. I lit up and danced down the beach twirling. twas wonderful smile
*thinks happy beach thoughts*

Eveish

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
mine was on a tree stump in the middle of a dark forest, the whole forest canopy light up and i had most possibly the best flowing spin i had ever had.... when i finished. unkown to me about 40 people clapped and screamed..

(there was a campsite only 100 yards away, and everyone had come to see me) i thought i was miles from anywhere!!

passing through, this world still lives.

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
mine's similar to yours frodo...at glasto this year....bout 4 in the am on the sat night/sun morning. i was up at the meeting point near joe bananas and totaly zoned in on what i was doing. i dont know about anyone else but sometimes when i do poi i'm calm being the quite eye of this raging storm of fire in all directions...its cool. i'd just double the fuel sucking capacity of my wicks too by adding some more kevlar bought that morning so it was the longest burn i'd done to date....anyway nailed a couple tricks i'd never done before...and when they finallt went out...i was sweating my nuts off....had THE most blissful grin on my face...and was jolted out of my trance by the sound of cheers and clapping and there were a couple of dozen peeps around...including a security patrol. all smiling and cheering and clapping

my best totally solo spin was in with glow sticks in front of my living room window in my garden....was so busy looking at my reflection instead of me i whacked myself in the knackers..that hurt like hell...was still rather fab tho!

It's smashing to be back x

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Mine will hopefully be at 2 o clock tomrrow morning.

Im going out in my garden to spin fire naked.

biggrin

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Mine was on the shores of Oxford House lake up in Manitoba. I was out on a flat rock just off shore, it was a beautiful day, simply perfect. I figured out how to turn my btb weaves that day.

hogasmBRONZE Member
stranger
27 posts

Posted:
I was the only fire spinner to show up to a meeting. mostly onlookers and a few poi newbs. i started spinning and 40 ppl showed up right when i was getting my mojo going. most had never seen poi and they were so encouraging: "WOW! that's the coolest thing ever" and "i've never seen moves like that!" well my ego was quite inflated and of course, no pics or vids of the whole night. bummer. but; best spiun EVERRRRRR

A week of Mondays?BRING IT ON!!!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I was spinning fire in the Main Quad at Stanford when, quite unexpectedly, an entire High School Baccalaureate ceremony was let out of the Memorial Church on one side of the Quad about 30 seconds after I'd lit up.

I surprise them...they surprised me. biggrin

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
These are so beautiful... I only ever seem to go lit when I'm with loads of other people spinning, but you've inspired me now!

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
smile*smiles beatifically at the posts and particularly at nearly_all_gone for picking up the vibes*
cool, I love these, want to hear more from other people peace grouphug

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

Psycho_lemmingSILVER Member
Running hippy spinning lemming
15 posts

Posted:
Mmmmm......

mine was prob at the top of Mt Eden in Auckland, having just watched the sun set.... was only with flag poi but lovely to see the city lit up at night from a distance, felt like i had escaped to the middle of nowhere although i was still in the city....

beaches are great too.... ubbrollsmile

Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering...

CatBGOLD Member
26 posts

Posted:
Definately in the middle of a rain storm....not the safest, but oooohhh...to be soaking wet and surrounded by flames!

It was midnightish, springtime, warm air, cold breeze....just gorgeous!

And like Andythepoi (and unlike...) second best was with glosticks but...got caught up in pretty lights and ended up seeing pretty lights of a different kind....

redface

I wish I were a glow worm, a glow worm would be fun,
it's hard not to be happy without the sun shining from your bum!

Rainbow BrightSILVER Member
44 posts

Posted:
Mine was lastnite!
Ok,so I wasnt alone,cuz I'm still a bit of a newbie,and it was nowhere fantastic,just my back garden,but I did my first burn lastnite!!
I'd bin waiting for about 3 days for the rain & wind to stop,& was about to give up & sulk cuz there was thunder & lightning,but then it stopped! I grabbed my b/f gave him the camera,and dragged him into the garden.my kids watched from their bedroom window,and off I went!
And,Oh my God,it was fantastic!!
I was toasty warm,and mesmerised by those beautiful flames-my flames!
I carried on til they went out,then did it again! was about to light up again,when a huge flash of lightning told me it was time to go in!
The storm carried on for hours after that,but my smug feeling lasted longer!
devil

More colourful than a box of crayons!

poi_boySILVER Member
stranger
42 posts

Posted:
has to be on me todd by my tent at glasto looking on to the main stage, i'd only litrally just nailed the weave and just phased out propper for bout an hour smile

easy ! ;p every days a festival!

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
my best solo spin was probly in the heaving rain after EC Nov last year. It was pouring but not cold and my poi were stached (same as me) but I had a wicked spin. I think everyone I was camping with thought I was ubbloco oh well.

Other best solo spins have been in the morning at parties....sure theres lots of ppl there, but I'm in my own world smile

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!