Forums > Social Chat > Someone help me please....

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Firstly, I do not have the capacity for suicide. I love someone (she knows...) far to much for that. I have tired before (may come as a shock to some of you), but literally one person is keeping me alive.

I dont know what has happened.

The last time I was at home my mum stormed out. we were talking with my dad about how I had lied to them both, and the rest of the family about my first year Uni exams.

I censored up big style. I smoked too much. I didnt go to enough lectures, didnt do enough work and didnt revise much for my exams. So naturally I failed the first time round and needed to retake 4 of them to get into the second year.

I gave up. I didnt know enough to pass them the second time round , but had 3 months to revise for them. I didnt at all. There wasnt even any point in me taking the exmas the first time round seeing as I knew I hadnt handed in enough work, and gone to enough seminars to pass even the baseline of what I needed to. So when the resits came round, i told my parents i was taking them...which i was goign to...until the mornign of the ifirst one, when I knew I wasnt going to pass.

I lied to my parents that i had done them for two weeks. THey kept on asking about the results and I kept on lying.

Then I went back home and had to tell my mum. She said she wasnt too happy about me lying to them for so long. She considered my first year at uni as my Gap year. The money (£1000) that my parents had putten towards my gap year, with which i wanted to go to Australia with and meet so many of the closest firends I have ever had from this site. Now that money is being used to pay for my tuition for my first year again.

Which leads me onto money. Ive lost so much weight over the summer due to me not eating properly. I cant afford it. My dad has been paying my rent (£260 a month for my student house) out of his own pocket. I was told to get a job in Canterbury as soon as possible, and if I coundt find one, then return to London and get one there. I still dont have a job and this is almost a year later.

Im a lazy fucker. I hate having to work but i know that i cant live if i dont have money (im eating 4 small potatoes with some butter for my main meal today). Added on top of this is the cost of Weed. and by jesus christ, did we smoke A LOT of gear last year. I swear we must have smoked our bodywieght over the course of the year.

then tongith i get into a text message conversation with my sister (who is curently stuck in france working until she has paid off her student loan). She ends up by saying:

Written by: My sister

She's saying she wants nothign more to do with you- her words, nto mine, Sorry to tell you this but you need to pull your finger out of your arse, and quickly....

I feel that im ....i dont knwo what im feelign right now..

probably pissed off with myself for being such a fuckign wanker and not sorting my life out. Upset that my mum has said this. Pissed off that she didnt tell me herself.

HOw the censored can i sort this out?

I want to stay at uni. I want a degree. that is why i have chosen to resit the year instead of pull out. but i really am such a lazy cunt with the worst motivation.

Being stuck on my own in canterbury, with no one around, to talk to is making things worse. Im getting so depressed but i dont want to be at home. I want to be in canterbury. I love it here. I love being on my own and doing my own thing. This is probably why im not doing anything....every day im sitting on my computer instead of...well..getting a job?

Ive been round to ALL of the agencies in Canterbury and signed up with all of them. I still have no job. I have haded my CV to all the computer and camping shops here and still, censored all has turned up. There is only one more place i want to work at. I dont want ot do a job that I dont like....is this my problem? i knwo loads of you hate your jobs but are forced to do them to pay bills and to pay for food, and a house.

Im scared that i will become homeless with no job...and become one of those bums you see on the streets. I dont want to be liek that. i want to be happy. Im really not at the moment ubbcrying

This coming year is going to be such a financial struggle for me. My parents will only pay for 1X first year, 1Xsecond year, 1Xthird year and 1X final year.

I iwll have to get a job doing something, working as many hours as possible, whilst doing my studies and having a social life.

Oh..and Im seriously over my overdraft limit with the bank right now. Im waiting for that next student loan cheque to come through.

I have been having to pay all the bills for the gas, water, electricty and internet connection all on my own as no one else has been living here. I hope to get this money back from teh other housemates as it is all service charges and line rentals etc.

I had to lie outright ot the gas company so they didnt cut the supply off last week. I had said that we had moved in a teh start of july (lie) and that we hadnt been there all summber to send back the money (total bullshit)...ive been here all sumer and using their gas...

WHAT THE censored AM I TALKING ABOUT.

I love my family so mcuh and want to make them pround. My sister achived straight A's through her GCSEs, her A-levels and graduated from Cambridge last year witha 2.1. My cousin got stright A's at GCSE, straight A's at A level and will be going into his second year at cambridge later this month. I cant do that. i did well in my GCSEs then censored my A levels and just censored my first year at uni.

How am i supposed ot make things better?

My sister has told me to ring my mum to sort this out...but i cant face her. I hate upsetting her due to me. My mum has helped me out of so much and it looks as if i dont appreciate her. I love her. My mum, and dad have split up...i dont know if that is releavant but i want to say it. My dad is currently on Holiday in France and is staying with her for a few weeks.

Im going to sit down to my studies this year. I am goign to sit down to my studies this year. I ma going to sit down to my studeies this year. I am going to get into the second year....which makes me even more worried as it is harder than the first by lotsd..and the 3rd than the 2nd and so on.. If i censored my first year how am i supposed to do the second year?

From a UCOF currently crying his eyes out..

and thanks for the animated hugs...they dont do censored...i dont feel any better seeing them and your only wasting your energy clicking the mouse. Sorry... frown

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I have now not smoked a spliff in 11 days.

My dreams have returned....

and thats about it...

My asthma seems to have gotten worse though... which is odd....

confused

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
and the Uni has finally (three weeks after initally asking them) reaccepted me for the same course again...which I am not going to fail this time.

bounce

and im heading back this weekend to see my sister who is returning vbriefly from france.

smile

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Well Done UCOF!

All the best of luck to you...

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
YAY UCoF!! Thats Great news!!! Well done.

If you ever need a kick in the pants just say.... I'm sure we will queue up to boot you!

hug clap bounce clap hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

biggrin

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
hmmmm no picture.......

Go do some work lazy! ubblol

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
nice one ucof, thats great news....

bounce2 bounce

Love is the law.

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
I haven't smoked any weed for 26 hours now. Nor have I slept longer than an hour in that time.

All power to you Jon.

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
woa, I go away from HoP social for a month and it all happens!

Best of luck with your repeat, you're not alone (by far), of my group of friends from the first year, only 1 other graduated at the same time as me, the rest are either 1 or 2 years behind now. Universities have a funny habit of wanting to keep you there once you're paying fees, unless you do spectacularly well (I know a guy who failed all 8 modules in the first year and they let him retake) and don't want to continue.

Stopping smoking as much as definately a good thing, although don't do what one of my mates did - gave up smoking during exam period and became an alcoholic instead!

Your uni should have a learning support section who will let you attend study skills/organisation/memory workshops whether you are dyslexic or not, if that's helpful.

Written by:

I have been having to pay all the bills for the gas, water, electricty and internet connection all on my own as no one else has been living here. I hope to get this money back from teh other housemates as it is all service charges and line rentals etc.

Good luck. Last year of uni we all took on seperate bills, mine being way more than anyone elses. We had a spreadsheet which we put all the values into and worked out who owed what. Unfortunately, the last time anyone put the info in was Feb, and I'm owed 5 months bills from my housemates, which is over 200 quid (after paying to them what I owe them). I've emailed/talked on the phone/txted the guy who has the spreadsheet every fortnight since and each time he promises to send it on, but then doesn't. It's starting to take the piss now. The year before, I took over the bills from another guy who moved out and I found 90 quid outstanding on the account which I had to pay. Of course, he wasn't willing to talk about it. Thankfully we had a deal going where I paid him 10 a month for something (legal!), and he hasn't charged me since then (not sex!), so I guess we're more or less even now.

Anyway, back on topic. You're lucky to have a personal tutor (however crap he is), a lot of unis have no point of contact between department and students. Mine just sent me an email at the end of the first term saying how few lectures i'd been to (27 of 81 where they took registers i think). I took on the cause by being the year rep (then department, then school of science&engineering), but it wasn't as good as having an actual person whose job it is to learn your name, I had to make them. You'll find it hard to find anyone on the teaching staff who is willing to treat you like a school kid thou. If you want to do extra corricular work to keep your mind on the course then you can see about joining an institute like the BSC as a student member and sign up for a mentor (they had them for the IEE which I could have been a member of (but didn't want to pay 21 quid a year for)). I can write you a bot to email you each day and ask you if you've done all your work if you like smile

Fraid I don't know any german, but i'm around if you have any comp sci questions

Page: