Page:
IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
Ive been looking through the forums and have noticed that although there are threads about learning staff and Poi moves there arnt any about diabolo. Therefore im taking it abon my self to start one

There are more selfish reason though wink i have reached a difficult point were i cant seem to find any truely great new tricks to learn frown it used to be so easy just talk to a juggle or look on the net and find one but now theres no diaboloists around gollege and ive learnt near enough all the 1 diabolo tricks on the net.

Any one got any original tricks they wouldnt mind passing along the great vine? smile

fire leads to creation

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
Afraid not im on a very slow dial up 27k ubbcrying ill attach it to an email and send it to you. Whats your address?

fire leads to creation

JakBJCmember
117 posts

Posted:
jakjacjack@hotmail.com

the first attatchment is almost uploaded!!

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
ubbideaI just got the hang of this nice little varation of a backside double stopover fritz release.
The normal trick looks like this,

Non-Https Image Link

but the varation adds an extra stoppover so its a triple stopover with a fritz release. All that is neeed is in between the backwrap and the stopovers is a wrap around the diabolo.This may like a piece of urine, ubblol (i make myself laugh so sod the rest of the world smile) but realy it did take me a fair amount of time (10 mins:)). I kept doing it on the right side but the break through was simply to do it on the left, something to do with the spin i guess.

I hope you have the same amount of frustration getting the hang of this as i did.

fire leads to creation

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
Hehe, new variation, new variation. I suppose my heads still fresh with the trick shown in the above animation (fritz release) because its basically an add on to that. So it’s the above then a normal suicide but instead of catching the stick you do the catch the string extra swing then do a kind of genocide wrap then catch. This results in a really tight looking knot with is simply thrown in the air and caught. The really hard part is the suicide as then string loves t fall of and make you drop the diabolo looking like a per quality clown. All that remains after mastering this trick is to smile in a smug manner and prepare to do it again so whoever is present can watch again in the forlorn hope of more understanding what just happened.

fire leads to creation

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
Written by: Ifrit

The only trick that is on my horizons at the moment is a sun between the legs. I’ve got movies of it and it looks simple as anything. It looks like you just enter from the right-front do a normal sun with our hands between your legs, then exit by the back-left. I think i will have to spend ages 2moro sorting it out.

Ive finaly got it biggrin Only took a month. Thank good for days off gollege.

Also got a new varation the the orbits around both legs.

Non-Https Image Link

Instead of orbits i've just got the hang of doing bounces over both legs. Its a rather body knotish kinda trick as the rightarm has to go as far as it can behind the back in order to ping the diabolo back to the left string which in turn pings it back th right sring on the normal side then so on and so forth.

I really feel on a roll. This thread is really achieving what i hoped it would at teh beginning with the whole speeding up the learning process. smile

fire leads to creation

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
Yay my sister has finaly brought over some pics she took of me about 2 months back using her pro camera. I must say that some of them were worth the wait but only some. I did tell her that the shorter exposure ones look poor but what can you do. Check out my gallery i just put 2 of them in. I personally prefere the one titled fire ball.

It sucks that you have to use an extremly long shutter speed just to get the same kind of effect as staff photos achieve in 2 seconds.
ubbideaHas anyone got any hints to make fire diabolo pictures more impressive? In a dream scenario there will be a pro photographer whos into fire diabolo but that kinda luck rarly comes my way so all insights are welcomed with large open arms. hug

fire leads to creation

JakBJCmember
117 posts

Posted:
any idea where i can get a nesbit fire diabolo??? anybody...

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
Just had a thought, you know ppl genraly say "you cant call your self a juggler till you can do mill mess", Well whats the diabolo equivalent?

Plus has anyone got or had a play on a renegade diabolo? its just im thinking of an upgrade for my B'day this year and want to know how thy preform as well as how durable they are on hard surfaces.

fire leads to creation

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i frit have you seen teh throw to reversed catch and exit throw

build speed, and pop your diabolo up and catch it round the side so that your hands have crossed side, and are now crossed as it comes down to teh bottom of the v of your string

from here pop it up again, uncross your arms, and catch, a rather nice trick if you nail it

one of my favs

Step (el-nombrie)

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
I most certainly do know of the trick but i dont tend to do it on its own anymore. ive found that if you can do the reverse catch well on both sides, right and left, it feels and looks great if you do them alternately. It kinda turns it into a figure of eight.

fire leads to creation

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
yes, tahts the variation i have, you can also add in high throws, and turns 180 or 360, plus tramplaline contunos throws and so on!

Step (el-nombrie)

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
also you knwo the round the body stuff, like round the legs, and rouns the back and arms, have you tried to suiced throw out of them?

were you throw one stick from your hand and recatch, once it has gone through a large arc?

Step (el-nombrie)

JakBJCmember
117 posts

Posted:
I'd say to say you can do diabolo you need to be able to do a few tricks, with juggling there seems to be a natural progression and when u can do mills mess you have a fair bit of skill, diabolo is different because the is no real progression, you could learn trackes from so many different areas, such as grinds, throws, suicides, body moves and cradels cradels... i'd say you can diabolo when you can do a trick from each main area. ie: a 5 second grind, high throw, a single stick suicide, round the leg and cats cradel, its basic but it is all the essantials. it also helps if you can whip smile (not whip catch)

You become good at diabolo when you mix up and combine all of the areas to create your own stlye.

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
yeah i love that way of exiting i tend to to it loads now just bacause i to lazy to step out:). ive also got a few ways to suicide into leg orbits (posted here on 17/09/04).

That sounds like a good way of explaining it there 6h05t, thanks alot smile

fire leads to creation

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
just had a thought here be a vid of that very trick:)
Soton-firespinning.co.uk/albums/album44/suicide_entry.mpg

fire leads to creation

JakBJCmember
117 posts

Posted:
Nice video smile i think i'll learn that smile

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
just thinging of vids, i was going to make another mpeg just alil bigger than the one above. i was just wondering what kinda moves ppl would like to see? maybe your trying to learn something that i might know?
boredom does this kinda thing to ya:)

fire leads to creation

JakBJCmember
117 posts

Posted:
Happy birthday Ifrit smile

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
Thanks 6ho5t tis a sad day when you cant use your age as a excuse anymore frown. Any how i just put up a picture of my latest experiment in sparkly innovations. This time its sparkly diabolo. It worked pretty well but the photo doesnt do it justice as my lil bro was a lil slow on taking the photo.

fire leads to creation

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
Just had a little thought and one ever thought of any combinations of toys that include diabolo e.g. diabolo + staff = staff grind.

Another idea may be orbiting sum1s arms while they do the butterfly i.e the diaboloist stands behind and sticks there arms under the other persons.

Any other thoughts people? no matter how odd or hard to do it would be nice to work into a routine.

fire leads to creation

devkevSILVER Member
discoverer of phat and poigling
292 posts

Posted:
ive been mixin stuff for a while... ie juggling devilstix... staffing devilstix. i have dabled slightly with staff and poi together 3 flames in each hand but it does like to tangle.

poi and juggling is what i am playing with now... poi and contact next... i have made toys specially for this reason.

i think mixin stuff up is the only truly unique moves ,left... and wow is there a lot of openings when you start crossing over..
smile

its all about the fun fun fun fun and more fun...

JakBJCmember
117 posts

Posted:
I've done around other peoples legs, arms etc... also tried 2 people with one diabolo (each with one stick) and this is quite hard with some tricks, but cats cradle and around one leg of each person at the same time is possible (haha smile around both legs)

Passing the diabolo to another person by suiciding one stick at a time is possible and with a little practice perfectable.

Another 2 person diabolo trick: around both legs. a second person lifts the diabolist up so they are held by their stomach, the diabolist can then lift both legs so that they are paralell to the floor, making it easy to do around 'both legs' (its a good response to heckles after "around my right leg, around my left leg" )

I've also seen and tried a number of juggling patterns between two people. but im rubbish at explaining juggling tricks when i write it down ...

Tommmember
39 posts

Posted:
Hav u eva tried doin poi wiv ur sticks while the diabolo's in the air??

Check t'ya bongall rass klan - Eh!
(chilltheworldout)
Lyreecalbombstylee...

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
like a meteor cross over

yes

its rather nice, but getter if you have realy visable sticks, and you cant really do anything big with them while the diabol is up, due to teh limited air time!

Step (el-nombrie)

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
That sounds like a challenge to me biggrin (a hard one at that as i can only throw for 4 seconds)

fire leads to creation

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
thats a bloody hight throw for 4 secs! eek

if yuo throw, and then quickly grad your stright, i find you can get jjust about a beat out of athree beat weave before the diabolo hits the ground, as your not ready for it

you can use your stick slike a rope dart and do one or two rope dart tricks beofore it hits

Step (el-nombrie)

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
i have experimented with the tree beat weave with the sticks and im quietly confident that i could catch it while holding th string which would make the whole thing alot easier. Looks like im going to have to give it a go 2moro (with video evidence of course).

fire leads to creation

JakBJCmember
117 posts

Posted:
Q: How many skips can you do with your diabolo string when you throw your diabolo in the air with a successful catch?

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
i havn't tried that one (with or without a wieght on the string wink ) but at a guess i would say 3 as im not that much of a skipa.

How bout you and mech?

By the way i have perfected a skip to over head throw. as it sounds just swing the diabolo under you and throw it when its behind you back so it comes to the front then catch it and go straight into the next. (it really hurt learning that lil move)

fire leads to creation

Filthy-Ralphmember
66 posts

Posted:
hey for the first time i just fround this thread and spent half an hour reading it through (with breaks to try tricks im reading about)
been doing diabolo for 4 years now on and off although unfortunately due to teaching myself im not at quite the level thatr some of you are. have taught 3 people to be quite good at it though. keep the trick ideas coming people so i can finally learn some stuff

If hope can grow from dirt like me.....It can be done.

Page: