nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
ok i want to start spinning fire while on stilts but my old one well arent up to standard frown
does any one have any realy realy realy detailed blue prints on home made stilts i am to poor to by them. so i must make them. smile

SLEEP WITH ANGELS muckieha

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
stilts are quite easy to make, I will try to find a description on how to make them : )
one thing you can do also, is wrap the base of the stilts in wick so that you have flaming stilts, (these MUST be wooden-cored metal stilts though)

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
thanx i would realy realy like that smile

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
HI Native,

I am currently making a set of stilts that will lift me up about thirty inches. Design is fairly simple.

Plans 1

Plans 2

The only difference with these ones from alot i've seen is that the weight is on top of the pole itself instead of a block/joint. I be using webbing instead of the alumimium to secur my leg to the upper section too

They'll be made from ash. If i do decide to go for fire on the legs i'll probably wrap them in aluminium flashing or something like it.

I cant walk on stilts yet, i'll be learning as soon as they are finished. Cant wait.
EDITED_BY: ado-p (1092300595)

Love is the law.

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
this any good?

ot this?

Aimz xx
EDITED_BY: *Aimée* (1092300473)

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
there is an OLD stilt thread somewere on hop...im looking for it now!

Step (el-nombrie)

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
ado-p- they are v. similar to the ones I have made, though I have a slightly different strapping system and the base of mine have round rubber feet.
You have a cool design there wink

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

here you go guys, its an old thread i used for my stilt ideas, full of useful info nad ideas, including [Old link]

so yeah laterdays guys! hug

Step (el-nombrie)

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
you an also bolt or glue, and old set of shoes to the platform to get normal foot use and thus better straping guys!

Step (el-nombrie)

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:

Looks like you have a couple of ideas now native, let us know how your getting on, i working on getting a seven foot staff together too. Should be fun

Mech, I was thinking of that, only was looking at using sandals. I would be easier to screw them down to the footplate, though i dont know of they will provide enough support at the heel

Eveish, you dont happen to have a design for the foot straps you used by any chance?

Love is the law.

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
I maybe have a drawing of them that I can scan in...
*scampers off to search*

nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
so far i love all you peoples ideas smile
i would like to say thank you i will have to make a new pare now. just got to go the the over priced hardware store

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
ado-p, i dont think snadles would be a good idea, if you think the snadles im thinking of onlt have a strap across the bridge of your foot, better i think to use your shoe, or better a boot to give more support!

Step (el-nombrie)

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
I can't find my pics... sorry!! I could try to describe them to you, but maybe you can use the other diagrams that you've been given, they are pretty close to what i've got : )

thorFlaming Lesbian
181 posts

Posted:
at ace hardware they have square and round tube aluminum 1/16" thick, would this be appropriate for stilts? i'm 260lbs, so i'd rather not risk wood.

also, what goes on the bottom? do you keep the wood bare, or do you put like cane caps on it or something? =]

Lights dancing off my skin as chains wrap round it.
Pain is in a little box and I'm so glad I found it.

HOP Newsletter