OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Okay, I've just posted a vid on under the photos/vids section here on HoP. This is the link for it.

Now, I don't know why, maybe because I figured this out 2-ish in the morning.. this morning, but I thought it was something of a butterfly weave... Another person said it wasn't and another just said it was two ttn's and a tun between them??

What do yooouuuuuu think?

(durn, was kinda hoping it may have been a b-fly weave. ubbangel Are there any threads on it? Been searching for a few days... Can't find any!)

Thankkies!!

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Thats almost a butterfly weave... Just a few extra beats in there. Try to cut out the excess so you get an under>over>across motion with your hands (as with a normal weave).

Starting with forward bf on left side when your left hand goes over the right, cross it to the right side. Then bring the right hand to the right side under the left arm, then over the left arm back to the left side. Then bring the left arm to the left side under the right arm and repeat. Hope that helps smile

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Hmm, trying it now, prooves to be more difficult! T.T

Thanks!!! *GLOMP*

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

borismcnorrisprofessional pedant
137 posts

Posted:
I thinj it would be a butterfly weave if it was split-time. From the look of the video (and correct me if I'm wrong) it's same-time, so you're just kind of 'flip-flopping' a ttn from side to side. Very close though, just a timing thing smile

Hope this helps weavesmiley

A warrior always returns to the fray. He never does so out of stubbornness, but because he has noticed a change in the weather - Paulo Coelho

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Yeah just like Boris says, change the timing to split and that's a flutterby weave

Let's relight this forum ubblove

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I think it's a form of butterfly weave.

The thing about the butterfly weave that differentiates it from the standard weave is that the standard weave gets HARDER the more beats you add to each side, while the butterfly weave gets EASIER the more beats you add to each side.

So I think Bobo has a two-beat BFW there.

The line between "doing a butterfly on your left, and then on your right" and "butterfly weave" is kind of hazy, anyways.

And bobobobobobobo? I'm jealous. cool

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
I look at it like this.. since you can do all the btuterfly stuff smae time or split-time.. I dont'really see where that matters in terms of whether or not it is a bf weave.. I mean despite harsh criticism.. I still do a 5bt SAME time bf weave.. using 4bt ttn motions and what not.. because I hate split time..

so its all in how you look at it..

considering i can now do all my bf stuff same direction as well I really only see a bf/weave difference as being whether or not its taken to another side and back.. which brings back what I've posted on other threads before about bouncing a butterfly over head and back being the equivalent to bf form of windmill..

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

borismcnorrisprofessional pedant
137 posts

Posted:
Written by: Rev

I look at it like this.. since you can do all the btuterfly stuff smae time or split-time.. I dont'really see where that matters in terms of whether or not it is a bf weave.. I mean despite harsh criticism.. I still do a 5bt SAME time bf weave.. using 4bt ttn motions and what not.. because I hate split time..

so its all in how you look at it..

I can see what you're saying, but if someone only knew how to do a parallel (ie same-time) 3bt weave and not the split time version, it's not *really* a weave.

Obviously the best thing to do is learn all moves all ways with all timings. I still consider a bf weave being split time tho smile weavesmiley ubblove

A warrior always returns to the fray. He never does so out of stubbornness, but because he has noticed a change in the weather - Paulo Coelho

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Well if someone says "weave" most people would think of the 3bt split-time... same with just saying "butterfly weave". But many different varieties of weave and butterfly weave are possible still.

"Moo," said the happy cow.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
The beats on a weave are at 3 and 9 o'clock. Same as split time butterfly so I think split time is more l weave like than same time. Though I still call same time a butterfly weave.... :shrugsmileythat'dbesohandyifwehadone:

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
: postingforthesolereasonofagreeingwithdssthatashrugsmileywouldbenice :

juggle

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Been fooling around with it. Just a bunch of variations... not really knowing what I'm doing. several beats, one beat, regular, split time, trying a bit of everything. Hardest part is counting the beats, because I tend to be more focused on not hitting myself.

Also, my socks got blown (yes, by the wind) into a pond, and are now damp, and rather heavy... But spin *really* nicely now!

Hmm.. don't know what is right. 1 bt here, 2 there, just mixin it up tongue

Thanks for the discussion though... Definately learning from it. *glomps* all round!

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
In the end, it doesnt really matter if what youre doing is exactly what we deemed a "butterfly weave"

As long as you like what youre doing.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me