HellCatmember
32 posts

Posted:
hmm.. i was just kinda curious as to how many canadians are actually here at HoP??? since i'm very limited to traveling i thought maybe i could find more spinners, twirlers, etc here in canada! yes? no?

Peace, Love, Unity, Respect ^.~

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

SmokyDavySILVER Member
Do my poi look too small in this?
394 posts

Posted:
I've heard there's some in Edmonton, montreal and Vancouver.

There's not really any that I know of in Toronto, but I'm hoping to change that over this summer.

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
Hiya HellCat!

Sometimes i really wish i was a Canadian. If i were, i'd come spin wit ya. Since I'm not, however, you can click on the link that says "Meet Others" on the homepage.. it lets you search for freaks like you in your area! Sorry I can't give you a link and make your life easier...

Rick aka LokiBRONZE Member
134 posts

Posted:
Yo.

There's a nice little fire community forming here on the East coast in Halifax. I know about six people in two troupes (uuh, yeah, including mine)who perform professionally or semi-professionally, and about twelve to twenty other cats who dabble for free.

Canada. Really Big, Really Cold. (tm)

-Rick

-Rick aka Loki
oh, man, a signature?... uuh... this is like coming across wet cement... uuh, shoot, I had something clever I was saving... I hope I don't run out of sp

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
There a couple of us in the GTA...we've met once and we're meeting again this Saturday, if any lurkers would like to join.

Fireyflow, are you going to be in TO this summer? Your post says you are from london...

Cazzarmember
53 posts

Posted:
yep i'm in vancouver... only been here a while and it seems the twirlers are non existent here.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Reppin the 780 *throws up sign* lol.

From Edmonton.

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
Hey Paddy, I'll be there by June 15th..

I really wanna hook up when I get home, e-mail me at smoky_dave@hotmail.com

god'o'firemember
9 posts

Posted:
Im from Red Deer Ab
email toadman_12@hotmail.com
I know a few spinners to
I could round them up fast

P.L.U.R. to every one who has relized that today is the first day of the rest of thier life.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
I love partying up at Euphoria. Great Afterhours club you guys have.

HellCatmember
32 posts

Posted:
Yesh! i love Euphoria! i did meet one girl there who spun, she was really good and she taught herself with glowsticks... but i can't rememeber her name.. hehe oh well i'm sure i'll see her again at Euphoria ^.^

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Her name isn't stacy by chance is it?

HellCatmember
32 posts

Posted:
*sniffles* i can't remember, no matter how hard i try... but when i saw her with her poi they were glowsticks and white pieces of fabric for tails. really neat.. good idea too!

god'o'firemember
9 posts

Posted:
Yo hell cat my name is jamie i live in red deer ive been spinnin for a year
my freind branton spinns and lives in bently out by sylvan lake my e mail is toadman_12@hotmail.com
message me. do you spin fire if you do we could start a fire community in rd. if you know some fire spinners.
well any way we can try it out
check ya later

P.L.U.R. to every one who has relized that today is the first day of the rest of thier life.

redragonxmember
73 posts

Posted:
hey, jamie.

i live pretty much were god'o'fire's friend branton lives, and wanna start spining fire.

~A Soft Rubber Bodybuilding Smurf~

Spacemember
63 posts

Posted:
And i'll be perma in Toronto by June 20. YAY! and I taught myself with glowsticks, but never white tails...wasn't me i suppose! So Paddy, looks like we're gathering quite the little group huh? I will have to make it out with you guys soon! So much work right now...just have to make it till june...that's not so far right???

Keep everything wonderful...
Luv,
*Space*

We risk sanity for moments of temporary enlightenment, each thought overcome by anticipation of the next, we take the breaks off

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
Is ANYBODY going to the Om festival?

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Fireyflow,
A bunch of people from TO are going, myself included if things work out. I'll get you the email addresses!

PS. Sorry I haven't yet returned your email, I often mean to reply to email later and then they get lost amongst others. I will do so soon.

Mass Destruction Worldwidemember
83 posts

Posted:
I lived out in van a few years ago, and there ARE definately poi ppl there. Thats where I first found the art. I belonged to a stiltdancing troup, and my instructor was also into poi. Im in Toronto now, and just found this site. Delighted to see that there are at least a few ppl here that know of it.
I want to not only get back into stilt-dancing, but learn poi, and combine the 2.

Love to hear from anyone in the scene in T.O
Mail me@ volcanic_violet@hotmail.com

educate yourself - knowledge is power

Dragonflymember
19 posts

Posted:
Hey Mass destruction. I am part of a troupe in Victoria Poi Pixies and we totally want to get into stilt walking. Can you give us any idea on where to start? Did you make your stilts?

the man behind the curtainmember
52 posts
Location: second star on the right and straight on till morn...

Posted:
damn canadians with there beady eyes and flopping heads, bringing there pottey mouth humor over her to corrut our good children....blame canada...blame canada!

may you travel far andlive in interesting times.unless you a bhuddist in which case i wish you nothing

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Ugly Bob? I thought your name was Handsome Bob?
EEeeeeeeeek!
I'm going to have a freak baby!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always