Forums > Social Chat > What is your Alcohoroscope?

Login/Join to Participate

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
https://www.gay.com/style/entertaining/package.html?sernum=641

Mine is spot on regarding what I prefer to drink, though a good Bloody Mary on a Sunday morning would never be turned down by me:

CAPRICORN

Drinking style
Capricorn is usually described as practical, steadfast, money-hungry and status-thirsty -- no wonder they get left off the astrological cocktail-party list. But this is the sign of David Bowie and Annie Lennox, not to mention Elvis. Capricorn is the true rock star: independent, powerful and seriously charismatic, not too eager to please. And if they make money being themselves, who are you to quibble? But just like most rock stars, they're either totally on or totally off, and they generally need a little social lubricant to loosen up and enjoy the after party, especially if they can hook up with a cute groupie.

Trademark cocktails
Old-fashioned Cap would probably like an old-fashioned just fine -- or a dry martini, or a gin and tonic, or a gimlet -- or any other no-nonsense quaff. They prefer drinks that taste like alcohol and generally hate drinks with more than three ingredients. However, they like the flavor of cranberry and will order a cosmo if they can handle the wait for it to get mixed.
Drinking buddies
Orlando Bloom, David Bowie, James Dean, Marlene Dietrich, Martin Luther King Jr., Jude Law, Annie Lennox, Marilyn Manson, Richard Nixon, Elvis Presley

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

WryTerraThe reason we say "European"
912 posts

Posted:
Aquarius and drinking don't go together that well (except for water, that is). They have an innate tendency toward know-it-allism, and if they get an idea while sizzled, they're more stubborn than a stain or a stone. If they're throwing a party or organizing an outing, however, they're too preoccupied with their duties to get combative -- and they make perfectly charming drunks in that case. Fortunately, they're usually capital drink-nursers. They also make the best designated drivers (if you can get them before they start raising their wrist): Aquarius is fascinated by drunk people and capable of holding interesting conversations with soused strangers while sober.
Trademark cocktails
Aquarius is likely to order stuff most people have never heard of: a capirinha, Satan's whiskers, a negroni, an Arthur Tompkins. They like to stump the bartender. This sign rules the color electric blue and would be pleased by any tipple featuring blue curacao. They also rule the olive tree, so pour the juice into that dirty martini.

Drinking buddies
Jennifer Aniston, Ellen DeGeneres, Dr. Dre, Matt Groening, Ashton Kutcher, Ronald Reagan, Christina Ricci, Justin Timberlake, Oprah Winfrey, Elijah Wood

For me, just wrong. Well, ok I can be stubborn biggrin And ok I don't drink much. But blue curacao? No. Olive? No.

Guiness. Moscow Mule. They'll do me fine.

(though I have got a perverse pleasure out of asking a bartender or two for an electric fruitjuice)

"We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty" - Mal Reynolds

"I can't tell the difference between an electron and a cat" - Brother of a friend

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Cancer is a comfort drinker -- and an extra wine with dinner or an after-work beer or six can be extra comforting, can't it, Cancer darling? Like fellow water signs Scorpio and Pisces, Crabs must guard against lushery. Cancers are brilliant at ferreting out secret parties and insinuating themselves on VIP lists -- and, in true Hollywood style, Cancers are never really drunk; instead, they get "tired and emotional" (read: weepy when lubricated). But there's nothing better than swapping stories (and spit) over a few bottles of inky red wine with your favorite Cancer. Even your second-favorite Cancer will do.

Trademark cocktails
Ruled by the moon, Cancers are intrigued by the idea of moonshine -- any brown booze, from a bourbon press to a whiskey and soda to grandpappy's special brew in a mason jar, will do. They also like comfortingly warm and sweet drinks, like hot toddies and hot buttered rums. The sign also rules the flavor vanilla, and you'd be adored if you served up a vanilla vodka and soda.

Drinking buddies
Pamela Anderson, George W. Bush, Bill Cosby, Tom Cruise, Harrison Ford, Sean Hayes, Lil' Kim, George Michael, Princess Diana, Prince William

Ok, the good news is Prince William and Tom Cruise. The bad news is George W. Bush. The REALLY bad news is Princess Diana, not that she's not a nice lady and all, but because I think I'd have to die to drink with her! eek

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Virgo's controlled by the intellect, but there's an unbridled beast lurking within, and they let it loose when walloped. It's dead sexy (and surprisingly unsloppy)

I wish! Sexy drunk???? Unsloppy drunk???? Yeah right! I can't even open my eyes to their full extent! I feel like they're open but in every picture they're half shut!!

But they got the simple and untreacly drinks down to a T

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
LEO

Drinking style
Leo likes to drink and dance -- they're often fabulous dancers, and usually pretty good drinkers as well, losing their commanding dignity and turning kittenish. Of course, they're quite aware they're darling -- Leos will be Leos, after all. They generally know their limit, probably because they loathe losing self-control. When they get over-refreshed, expect flirting to ensue -- and perhaps not with the one what brung them. But Leo's not the type to break rules even when drunk, so just try to ignore it (try harder, Cancer) and expect a sheepish (and hung over) Lion to make it up to you the next day.

Trademark cocktails
Leos like flashy drinks, be they complicated tropical concoctions festooned with umbrellas, like a Bahama mama or the more common strawberry daiquiri or mai tai. Indeed, they often have a taste for the fruity -- try a screwdriver, or add an extra cherry to the next Manhattan. Their sense of drama lends itself to a kir royale, of course.

Drinking buddies
Ben Affleck, Gillian Anderson, Bill Clinton, Monica Lewinsky, Jennifer Lopez, Madonna, Debra Messing, Kevin Spacey, Martha Stewart, Andy Warhol

This is not that completely true...i dont really drink much at all. ubbangel

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

tiny_dancer_member
47 posts

Posted:
AQUARIUS

Drinking style
Aquarius and drinking don't go together that well (except for water, that is). They have an innate tendency toward know-it-allism, and if they get an idea while sizzled, they're more stubborn than a stain or a stone. If they're throwing a party or organizing an outing, however, they're too preoccupied with their duties to get combative -- and they make perfectly charming drunks in that case. Fortunately, they're usually capital drink-nursers. They also make the best designated drivers (if you can get them before they start raising their wrist): Aquarius is fascinated by drunk people and capable of holding interesting conversations with soused strangers while sober.
Trademark cocktails
Aquarius is likely to order stuff most people have never heard of: a capirinha, Satan's whiskers, a negroni, an Arthur Tompkins. They like to stump the bartender. This sign rules the color electric blue and would be pleased by any tipple featuring blue curacao. They also rule the olive tree, so pour the juice into that dirty martini.

Drinking buddies
Jennifer Aniston, Ellen DeGeneres, Dr. Dre, Matt Groening, Ashton Kutcher, Ronald Reagan, Christina Ricci, Justin Timberlake, Oprah Winfrey, Elijah Wood

I think that Aquarius and drinking don't go together that well is highly appropriate, cos when we do go together everything gets a little bit messy!! ubbrollsmile

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
VIRGO

Drinking style
Cerebral Virgos are compelled to impose order onto their bender. Their famously fussy quest for purity could lead to drinking less than other signs, sure -- but it could also lead to drinking booze neat, to sucking down organic wine or just to brand loyalty. They rarely get fully shellacked -- but, oh, when they do! Virgo's controlled by the intellect, but there's an unbridled beast lurking within, and they let it loose when walloped. It's dead sexy (and surprisingly unsloppy). As one Virgo friend used to declare, "I'm going to drink myself into a low level of intelligence tonight." A toast to the subgenius IQ!

Trademark cocktails
Many Virgos prefer clear, simple, untreacly drinks like vodka tonic or a real margarita, though you'll find 'em drinking anything -- from unflinchingly downing Cuervo straight to smirkingly ordering a dirty virgin. They also tend to like bitter, low-alk guzzles like Campari and soda. They rarely change their drink once they've found it, however.
Drinking buddies
Cameron Diaz, Hugh Grant, Christopher Isherwood, Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury, Carrie-Anne Moss, Dorothy Parker, Ryan Philippe, Keanu Reeves, Lily Tomlin

Hehe thats my usual >>vodka tonic
and i was wathcing the matrix today too, so the carrie-an-moss thing could be right wink

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
Im the same as spitfire biggrin biggrin *waves frantically* HIya drinking buddie biggrin

but the drinking thing is kinda wrong..dont do any of the drinks they mentioned...work my way through a cocktail list pretty well .... but do like cranberry though biggrin

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

SpitFireGOLD Member
2,723 posts

Posted:
*waves frantically back at Narr* Hey there drinkin' buddie!! biggrin

Oh, and to answer your Chinese Horoscope question from another topic...nope, I was born in the year of the rat. *shrug* Not by choice mind you.

2,568 posts

Posted:
biggrin interesting...*runs off to check chinese horoscope site*

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
heh... the virgo drinking prediction is pretty much spot on for me. beerchug beerchug

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

SpitFireGOLD Member
2,723 posts

Posted:
there is no goat on the chinese horoscope though.

hmmmm...........

biggrin

2,568 posts

Posted:
hummmmm ... im sure it was...eek!

SpitFireGOLD Member
2,723 posts

Posted:
Not according to https://www.c-c-c.org/chineseculture/zodiac/zodiac.html

which is what I was referring to.

Until I saw that, I thought there was a goat on there too, but...

WryTerraThe reason we say "European"
912 posts

Posted:
There is a goat

8th animal in the 12 year cycle if I remember correctly. That'd make it 1907, 1919, etc. (Sheep in the link Spifire posted). Could be a translation thing?
EDITED_BY: Quixotic (1078767375)

"We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty" - Mal Reynolds

"I can't tell the difference between an electron and a cat" - Brother of a friend

2,568 posts

Posted:
yeah i went to a few sites..some where goat some where sheep .. rolleyes

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
the first line of mine got it spot on.

Quote:

Aquarius and drinking don't go together that well (except for water, that is).

i don't drink wink

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
Quote:

VIRGO

Drinking style
Cerebral Virgos are compelled to impose order onto their bender. Their famously fussy quest for purity could lead to drinking less than other signs, sure -- but it could also lead to drinking booze neat, to sucking down organic wine or just to brand loyalty. They rarely get fully shellacked -- but, oh, when they do! Virgo's controlled by the intellect, but there's an unbridled beast lurking within, and they let it loose when walloped. It's dead sexy (and surprisingly unsloppy). As one Virgo friend used to declare, "I'm going to drink myself into a low level of intelligence tonight." A toast to the subgenius IQ!

Trademark cocktails
Many Virgos prefer clear, simple, untreacly drinks like vodka tonic or a real margarita, though you'll find 'em drinking anything -- from unflinchingly downing Cuervo straight to smirkingly ordering a dirty virgin. They also tend to like bitter, low-alk guzzles like Campari and soda. They rarely change their drink once they've found it, however.

Drinking buddies
Cameron Diaz, Hugh Grant, Christopher Isherwood, Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury, Carrie-Anne Moss, Dorothy Parker, Ryan Philippe, Keanu Reeves, Lily Tomlin

heh, a lot of that fits. i used to be able to drink anything (note: my graduation night consisted of shots of cuervo followed by a cognac chaser). but ya, i do tend to brand loyalty, and i have found my drink (Malibu and pineapple, with a couple of backups depending on my mood). i don't like the bitter stuff so much anymore, i'm more a fruity drink person....the kind of drinks that you can down and not realize there's any alcohol in it....tho that can definately get you in trouble sometimes ubblol ya, i rarely get drunk anymore, but when i do it's quite fun and amusing to myself and everyone around me. in fact, i think some of my friends try to get me drunk cause it's always guaranteed to be a good time ubblol (and not in that way you sickos are thinking!)

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I like being a capricorn. I get to drink with buds like Spitfire and Narr.

Actually, the description is frighteningly accurate. Except you can also include wine on the list of drinks.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

bubblishisFalse Eyelash
346 posts

Posted:
Mmmm....mojito!

Drinking style
If you're a Pisces, you've probably already heard that you share a sign -- and an addictive personality -- with Liz Taylor, Liza Minelli and Kurt Cobain. Not only do Pisces like to lose themselves in the dreamy, out-there feeling that only hooch can give, but they build up a mighty tolerance fast. Who needs an expensive date like that? On the other hand, they're fabulously enchanting partners, whether in conversation or in crime. With the right Pisces, you can start out sharing a pitcher of margaritas and wind up in bed together for days. The phrase "addictive personality" can be read two ways, you know.
Trademark Cocktails
Pisces rules fresh mint, and they do love a mojito or three -- though a julep will do just as well. They also like punches, like sangria or the oh-so-aptly named fish house punch. (Pretty much anything will satisfy a Pisces in a pinch, though -- "drinking like a fish" is an idiom pulled out of the zodiac, not the deep blue sea.) Pisces is a chocoholic and loves creme de cacao (and spiked cocoa).

Drinking buddies
Drew Barrymore, Chastity Bono, Chelsea Clinton, Kurt Cobain, Edward Gorey, Queen Latifah, Liza Minelli, Anais Nin, Sharon Stone, Liz Taylor

All the freaky people make the beauty of the world.

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Don't ever tell Scorpios they've had enough, for they'll smirk at you and quietly but intentionally keep tippling till they're hog-whimpering drunk, out of 100-proof spite. Scorpios like to drink, and screw you if you have a problem with that. Most of them see the sauce as something to savor in itself, and not as a personality-altering tool -- though if depressed, self-loathing Scorps seek total obliteration. But generally, they're fascinating drinking pals, brilliant conversationalists and dizzying flirts. They also remember everything -- especially what you did when you were blitzed. Only drink with a Scorpio who likes you.

ubblol

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
disturbingly accurate....

GEMINI

Drinking style
Geminis can drink without changing their behavior much -- they're so naturally chatty and short-attention-spanned that it's just hard to tell sometimes. They can amaze you by conversing with finesse and allusion, then doing something to belie an extremely advanced state of intoxication, like puking in your shoe. Geminis possess the magic ability to flirt successfully (and uninfuriatingly, which is very tricky) with several people at once. They like to order different cocktails every round -- repetition is boring -- and may create a theme (like yellow drinks: beer, sauvignon blanc and limoncello) for their own amusement.

Trademark cocktails
Easily bored Geminis need some stimulation in their drinks -- those with two parts, like a black and tan (or just a double), are particularly appealing. Otherwise, they'll drink all over the map, ordering frou-frou drinks to add to their collection of cocktail monkeys or going for whiskey rocks because they're feeling rather noir. Gemini rules the herb anise -- make some home-infused anise vodka as a gift.
Drinking buddies
George Bush Sr., Johnny Depp, Rupert Everett, Boy George, Allen Ginsberg, Angelina Jolie, John Kennedy, Ian McKellen, Kylie Minogue, Morrissey

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Kapura MataaroHoP resident longboarder.
195 posts

Posted:

LIBRA

Drinking style
"I'm jusht a social drinker," slurs Libra, "it's jusht that I'm so damn social?" Libra loves nothing more than to party, mingle and relate to everyone. Whether dipped in favor of Good Libra (with Insta-Friend device set to "on") or heavier on the Evil Libra side (they are little instigators when bored), the Scales can really work a room. Charming as they are, Libras are notoriously lacking in self-control, however, which can get them into all sorts of trouble -- including wearing their wobbly boots waaaay too early in the evening, flirting with their best friend's beau or even blacking out the night's events entirely. Oops!

Trademark cocktails
Aesthetic Libras like pretty, pouffy drinks like a pink lady or a brandy Alexander. That's the influence of Venus, their ruling planet, which also gives them a horror of crudely named potions like Sex on the Beach. They're fine with "normal" guzzles like apple martinis, but every Libra secretly just wants Champagne, and lots of it.

Drinking buddies
Jimmy Carter, Simon Cowell, Ani DiFranco, Janeane Garofalo, Hugh Jackman, Martina Navratilova, Gwyneth Paltrow, Sting, Oscar Wilde, Catherine Zeta-Jones

i don't think that really sums me up though...oh well... ubbloco

"surely a longboarding fire spinner should have no trouble getting some action!"- NYC....

Vestiamember
47 posts

Posted:
TAURUS

Drinking style
Taurus prefers to drink at a leisurely pace, aiming for a mellow glow rather than a full-on zonk. Since a truly intoxicated Taurus is a one-person stampede, the kind of bull-in-a-china-shop inebriate who spills red wine on white carpets and tells fart jokes to employers, the preference for wining and dining (or Bud and buddies) to body shots and barfing is quite fortunate for the rest of us. This is not to say that the Bull is by any means a teetotaler -- god, no. A squiffy Taurus will get, er, gregarious (full of loudmouth soup, some would say) and is extremely amusing to drag to a karaoke bar when intoxicated.
Trademark cocktails
Early-to-bed Taureans need a picker-upper -- try a Red Bull and vodka. They also have a leviathan sweet tooth and are fond of drinks with names that sound like dessert (50-50 bar, mudslide). Sweetly caffeinated drinks, like Irish coffee or white Russians, are ideal. More macho Taureans will go for something unpretentious, like a Jack and Coke or whiskey sour.

Drinking buddies
Cate Blanchett, Tony Blair, Pierce Brosnan, Cher, Penelope Cruz, William Randolph Hearst, Jerry Seinfeld, Barbara Striesand, Uma Thurman, Renee Zellweger

*Vestia enters the world of poi not knowing what to do*

*smiles and than starting thinking i never know what i'm doing*

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Quote:

TAURUS

Drinking buddies beerchug
Cate Blanchett, Tony Blair, Pierce Brosnan, Cher, Penelope Cruz, William Randolph Hearst, Jerry Seinfeld, Barbara Striesand, Uma Thurman, Renee Zellweger

How did they find out who my famous drinking buddies are? Man......Bar-ba-ra and Cher are gonna be pissed that the press have found this out. And now Jack White will know I've been schmoozing with Renee behind his back....I hope he doesn't try and kick my ass like that guy from the Von Bondies!!

Apart from that this is half right half wrong. I am a faller-overer when I'm trashed and do have a clumsy tendancy when innebriated but whiskey is rank, sweet/coffee based drinks are even ranker. I'm not an early sleeper cuz I'm usually last one standing although Tony and Jerry are hopeless and always end up asleep on the sofa with their hands in a bowl of warm water by 10pm cuz they've over loaded up Baileys & Irish Coffee right after singing ........*Ah suger...do do do do do do...you are my candy grrl.....* rolleyes

Celebs....you can't take em anywhere!! ubblol

Let's relight this forum ubblove

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
Quote:

TAURUS

Drinking style
Taurus prefers to drink at a leisurely pace, aiming for a mellow glow rather than a full-on zonk. Since a truly intoxicated Taurus is a one-person stampede, the kind of bull-in-a-china-shop inebriate who spills red wine on white carpets and tells fart jokes to employers, the preference for wining and dining (or Bud and buddies) to body shots and barfing is quite fortunate for the rest of us. This is not to say that the Bull is by any means a teetotaler -- god, no. A squiffy Taurus will get, er, gregarious (full of loudmouth soup, some would say) and is extremely amusing to drag to a karaoke bar when intoxicated.
Trademark cocktails
Early-to-bed Taureans need a picker-upper -- try a Red Bull and vodka. They also have a leviathan sweet tooth and are fond of drinks with names that sound like dessert (50-50 bar, mudslide). Sweetly caffeinated drinks, like Irish coffee or white Russians, are ideal. More macho Taureans will go for something unpretentious, like a Jack and Coke or whiskey sour.

Drinking buddies

well i fell they got that one wrong for me, totaly off the mark! still right about the bull in a china shop part when i am worng, and yes i think i have told fart jokes to employers, but i wasnt drunk at the time!

ah oh well cant be good all the time! and sheep/goat convo! yes there is a lamb-based animal in teh chinease calender, its called teh ram, and falls as teh yr of the ram soon i think! wink

Step (el-nombrie)

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
ubblol I'm with Kapura, being a libra and all.

Quote:

"I'm jusht a social drinker," slurs Libra, "it's jusht that I'm so damn social?" Libra loves nothing more than to party, mingle and relate to everyone. Whether dipped in favor of Good Libra (with Insta-Friend device set to "on") or heavier on the Evil Libra side (they are little instigators when bored), the Scales can really work a room. Charming as they are, Libras are notoriously lacking in self-control, however, which can get them into all sorts of trouble -- including wearing their wobbly boots waaaay too early in the evening, flirting with their best friend's beau or even blacking out the night's events entirely. Oops!

How can I see most of that happening?? (other than the boots... I don't wear wobbily boots. Wouldn't last me a day tongue)

Somehow, I can imagine the flirt thing ^^;

But when it went down to the drinks, and it said that all I really wanted was a bottle of champaigne... I doubt that one. C'mon, where's the drinking contests? Drinking games? Drinking??? ~.~

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier