Twisthem488member
187 posts

Posted:
well, as some of you know, i am the new set head for my school. This morning i got a call and rushed over to a rehearsal. It turns out that some idiots opened 4 cans of paint and poured it all over our stage (its latex so shouldnt be that hard to scrap off) and our new seats and carpet in the house. they also took spraypaint and wrote central UCS. as well as writing west sucks on one of our background flats. I know it wasnt much damage, but it still annoys me. I half think it was someone from our own school who did it. It would give them a "reason" to retaliate to central to whom we just lost a game. In being set head, things havent been going so well. thanks for letting me vent.

PS anyone know an easy way of getting large amounts of dry paint out of fabric, its not just latex paint either.
mad

Im a Thespian, But I'll Act Normal Around You Guys

RixatrixBRONZE Member
paranoid of gov't conspiracies
217 posts

Posted:
Quote:

PS anyone know an easy way of getting large amounts of dry paint out of fabric, its not just latex paint either.
mad

sorry don't know about that but one time some students decided it would be funny to take a crap and pee on the stage and surrounding areas including the piano it was disgusting from what i heard my theatre class was suppose to use the stage that day too but couldn't cuz of it. at least that didn't happen to you! yucky!~
hug
Christina

zeuyaBRONZE Member
22 posts

Posted:
hello!
this might help..
if the paint is water based (emulsion or something like that) try getting hot water with washing up liquid and a sponge and gentle scrubbing brush....
it will take a long time and might still leave a stain, but it should make it better than it is now...

if its oil based, try white spirit, or meths, but its unlikely you'll get it out - sorry

hope this helps smile

Twisthem488member
187 posts

Posted:
what i think is funny is that in the newspaper it said the janitors were working with it, but theyve done diddly squat. during rehearsal we sit at the stage with paint scrapers tryint to get it off. i try to let them know about removing the pain. thanks. i dont think its oil based though : )

Im a Thespian, But I'll Act Normal Around You Guys