ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
The most awesome thing just happened

My boss came up to me and said that he had decided to take up firetwirling, and that he had found this wicked site that does firetwirling lessons... and I just kinda stared at him all like... WTF??

and clicked on hop minimised on my screen... and he was all like "yup thats the site..."

THIS IS MY BOSS!!! wooooo hooooo I know have a funkster other than burnt_one and arsn to discuss fire twirling with at work

The funny thing is that since we preformed at work sooo many people have started to take it up... cool huh?

do you find that you spread the fire bug?? biggrin

EDITED_BY: Valura (1076910264)

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
thats awsome! lol i havent spread the bug yet, but iv caught it the same time roz did. thats bout as close as i get. thats so cool that you boss dose it too. do you get along with him well?

What if we think the jokes on them,
But really - the jokes on us....

and also... i wuv Rougie *snuz*

RixatrixBRONZE Member
paranoid of gov't conspiracies
217 posts

Posted:
i've spread it to my bf and another friend except they don't use fire yet.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Does this mean you can surf HOP at work without getting into trouble now?! biggrin

Let's relight this forum ubblove

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
If only...
My workplace is full of miserable buggers and over-keen health and safety officials who find the mere concept of spinning even a bean bag intolerable.

Managed to introduce a bunch of students to the concept of staff using ranging poles last week though.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

SilvurBRONZE Member
sumthin sumin smmnm....
372 posts

Posted:
I spread the bug... ubblove there's not too many spinners where I live, and so I'm teaching a couple friends how to do it... maybe something will come of it, I don't know. But I think I am turning into something of a poi-pusher!!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
YAY for crusiey net at work... they all love it...

ALL my workmates seemed to like the fire... and about four of them have asked where they can go to watch more which is funky...

BTW my nana is learning poi.Cause she saw arsn and I do it.. she already does the butterfly and the two beat and um alternating stuffo...

my nana rocks

biggrin

yay poi pushers!!! biggrin
EDITED_BY: Valura (1076927654)

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
My Niece Amy (11) and my Dad (54) both had a go, Amy wasn't too great but my Dad was a natural....Straight into the butterfly and was doing 3 beat weaves without even trying or tutoring!!! Although it didn't give him the insentive to do it and has never picked them up since! Still never mind...at least I tried!! smile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
I spread the bug a little, i know a certain shop that has sold about 5 pairs of poi cos of me last summer. everyone just started doing it. theyve mostly stopped now but a few carry on.
maybe therell be a new bout of infection in summer again

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter