Azrellemember
34 posts

Posted:
Right, on a sheer impulse buy i got myself a set of poweriser stilts (see https://www.poweriser.com/)
and i'm going to be having a great laugh seeing what i can and cant do on them.

Does anyone out there have a set and have some tips for someone going up on bouncy stilts for the first time. I've had a go on dura-stilts and know my way around peg-stilts so the actual stilt bit wont be too new. Are there any adjustments that it's a good idea to make to the stilts before getting up? Anything that's best to avoid trying til much later?

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
hey, i have come across these powerspring stilts before, never owned pair, but have talked to ppl who have, and nerly had a go but was not right weight!

most importnat thing to remebris that they break, the ones i have seen the sping is only good for about 6000hrs or somthing stupid, and then its MIA!

but i think it can be replaced, so its no biggie, just remebr walk dont run!

laterdays wink

Step (el-nombrie)

Azrellemember
34 posts

Posted:
I was a little worried i may not make the minimum weight as i'm only 54kg....lol!!

I just figured out these are also sold as Powerskips and was reading the older thread on them and i did also check - yes, the springs CAN be replaced if they should break and if they do break you dont fall as all it does is stop you going BOING

One thing i have wondered though.... if you do start running.... how easy is it to stop? I'm also considering going along to the trampoline club at university to get the basics of bouncing and correct methods for tricks.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Man assuming that's US$ in the price, them puppies cash in at $395 = Euro313. I think that makes them cheap than dura-stilts no? yes? umm

ubbrollsmile

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Azrellemember
34 posts

Posted:
maybe cheaper, but you dont get the same kind of height off them

i didnae pay those prices though... know a guy who knows a guy etc etc

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I'm surprised they're that cheap is the point, cause power skips are waaayyy more....

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

AndyRnewbie
1 post

Posted:
Glad to see someone trying out Powerisers.

I run and maintain a site dedicated to the sport of Poweriser or Powerbocking to use a more generic name.

Please have a look and let me know what you think.

Jumppoweriser UK based Poweriser site.

Thanks

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Sweeet thread and news - but powerriser and durastilts you simply can't compare!

But... you know a guy who... ubblove wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink ubbidea

ubblol wink
EDITED_BY: FireTom (1169872755)

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Grumnewbie
1 post

Posted:
there not as bad as you think, i have them and i can run jump flip and have had no problems in a year n a few months.

Tyciolnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
I have seen advertisements for the Powerisers and redirected some terms for them to the wikipedia article, they look very interesting, something that like jumping on a trampoline probably can stress the leg muscles a lot to build strength in them, to allow interesting tricks and stunt like a pogo.

CaffeinatedKatieGOLD Member
Teacher, Dancer, Artist, and General Smartass
149 posts

Posted:
I've never gotten to work with/see dura stilts before, but my roommate has powerisers and they're a LOT of fun. He just fooled around on them for a few days and that made him comfortable to jog/jump just generally go around and be a spectacle.

wyldmajikBRONZE Member
33 posts

Posted:
I love my powerisers so much fun and they add such a different silhouette to costumes from peg stilts combined with pegs makes a dynamic characters

Ultimately you understand there is order in the universe, even if there is no order in your immediate circumstances.