Tsumimember
32 posts

Posted:
Since I finally found out what the name was for what you guys do; I've been wanting to start it for about a year. I thought it looked really graceful and calm, and now I know it's also a workout! I called them kites because of the comets. ^^ I just made myself a pair of poi and started practicing, and I got the weave down in a moment of supreme happiness. Just wanted to share, since you guys all seem cool about it. I'll be looking for poi buddies since none of my friends are interested. Happy poiing!-Tsumi

Oatsmember
28 posts

Posted:
Hey Tsumi. Welcome, i've also only been doing it for a short while(2 weeks) and it like you said amazing and fun, so have a ball, and everyone here is most excelent(mmmmmmmm is that how you spell that?) and a great help.Take it easy.

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
hehe no doubt getting the weave for the first time is reallly satisfying...i think the weave should be considered some sort of initiation in the world of Poi grin - what do you think? winkhappy swinging,Simos

bobrobmember
61 posts

Posted:
hey Tsumi, youre lucky to have found this site so soon after starting, you'll get loads of good advice should you need it and there's loads of new tricks to learn too.i'd been doing poi for over a year b4 i found this place, i wish i'd had it at the start, although if you do find poi buddies, you'll find them loads more fun to learn with!

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Welcome to the wonderful world of poi.I agree totally about the weave being the initiation move to poi-ing. It was the first move I ever learned and I havn't looked back since. I'm sure you'll find, as I have, that poi people are the friendliest bunch of people you ever have the good fortune to meet. One Love Thistlefirepixie. :-)

Are we nearly there yet?

Tsumimember
32 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the kindness all smile My shoulders hurt, but it feels so good to be practicing and learning new moves ^^ wish I'd started sooner.

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
We all wished we'd started sooner smile Keep up the good work! hug

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

DarkFyreBRONZE Member
HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs
1,965 posts

Posted:
Wow this thread is as old as my first set of poi

Way to bump a thread Brenn

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil

Bigfoot67GOLD Member
103 posts

Posted:
lmao

maybe this is a good opportunity to see what a random poiplayer has learned in 6,5 years, if (s?)he's still active on the forum that is...