NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
OK, you're in club, the music is pumpin', and the glow kids are spinnin' crazy stix, you jump in the circle and do your set... and now what? You can't just hog the circle.... you gotta do your 60 seconds and let other people play too... It's kinda wack just to stop. I usually just let them wind around each hand and then put my hand in my pocket. I saw a girl doing liquid tonight (oh yeah, happy new year y'all) and she did kind a move which made the stix look like they were a moth flying away... that could be good. Maybe just wind up the strings and do a liquid move to emphasise the fact that you're done? Hmmm... there's gotta be better...

Anyone?

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
do the weave REALLY fast, then catch them in your teeth.

that would look very cool.

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Spin em really fast then smack em on the ground as hard as ya can. If yer strong enough, theyll explode and spray glowy crap all over everyone... Along with some glass ubblol

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
If you are in a club or other smokey, lowlit area...

Get a small thick bag and when finishing, do a one handed butterfly that wraps itself around your wrist.

Just as they finish wrapping, shove the bag over them so they dissappear form view, put your head in the air and walk nonchalantly away.

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Thank you Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. biggrin

And to Charles, that's pretty much the same effect I get by wrapping them around each hand and then putting my hands in my pockets. I think a bag might look a bit premeditated (and thereby less cool) on a dance floor. Hrmmm... I'm still thinkin' though.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
blow a fireball..o, wait theyre glo stixx rolleyes

I'd go for the liquid finish with a glide out back to the edge

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

mosesmember
30 posts

Posted:
i got to ring in the new year with dj irene layin down the sickest set i've ever heard...i was stringing for hours.....the only downfall of the night was i was tryin out a new move and the left hand came around and the glowstick hit me hard in the eye...i was blind for almost an hour...pretty scary, but other than that, i usually end my set with wraps to my hand so i can freehand glowstick then i usually go the pocket route...wurd to stringing

..::Spiral Out:Keep Going::..

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
You could attempt really hard airwrappy and hyperloopy stuff until you mess up, then look really angry, throw your knotted strings on the floor and run away.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

RovoGOLD Member
(the person actually known as Chris Bailey)
544 posts

Posted:
You could juss let go of the strings and jus walk away before someone starts complaing that somestringers stick just smacked them in the head ubblol

Peace, Love, Circles

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Or a variation of that theme:

switch into spinning a butterfly and just as both glowsticks are moving up, let go of the strings so they fly straight up and shout 'CATCH!!!'
Hopefully, there'll be someone ready to snatch them out of the air when they drop and carry on spinning biggrin

Even if there isn't, the chances are people will follow the movement upwards anyway, giving you the chance to make a hasty exit without being seen to avoid the people they hit as they land wink

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Celestinemember
1 post

Posted:
I usually either let them wrap, or pull off a nice combo which has something like catch->chainlink airwrap->catch then end. I don't know if "chainlink airwrap" is in common vocabulary on hop since I haven't been around for about two years...anyone remember me as TranceKuja...?

joulzenlightened
187 posts

Posted:
ALWYAS END WITH WRAPSS!! u cant jsut let them dangles there anyway so its your only way out but right b4 , bust and sick in the face! combo that will have they wondering wtf u jsut did ( the effect always wanted but enhanced) and prepare to get props as u leave your circle
but y in clubs?

it must be green